Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

4 NFL.com analysis have us between 6-8 wins

HtownColt

Jake Locker? Not impressed

Guy's pretty good. Was nearly a number one overall pick, if he had left school a year earlier. Mobile and can throw as well, kind of like Franchise or Griffin. Of course I'm going to be rooting against the kid, he plays for the Titans, but he is going to be much more of a positive factor this season than most think.

I mute the flatscreen when him or Lombardi are talking. Wyche is an empty suit and Lombardi passed on Warren Sapp. And as a result, facilitated the creation of the Baltimore Ravens.

There's a reason they're both "on set".

You're down on a guy because he passed on Warren Sapp???? Really?

Are you down on the other 10 GM's who passed on him, because Sapp went 12th if my memory is working OK....

And it's not like they didn't have a reason, he reportedly tested positive for drugs. I have heard marijuana, but his new book makes reference to cocaine, though I think he denies it.

Either way, one pick and you trash a guys career? There would be exactly ZERO gm's who could pass that kind of test.

If you select talent for a living, you will make mistakes. It's inevitable. The only question is how many, and how big.

Wow. Tough grader!!

Whether people agree with the assessment of the 4 analysts or not, I think it should be viewed in a different way....

Two months ago the NFL Network didn't have anyone predicting us with 6-8 wins. None that I'm aware of.

Less than a month ago their power ranking had us at 32nd....

Now, 4 analysts think we're looking at 6 to 8 wins? I'd say we've moved mountains. In 3 pre-season games we've changed the perception of the Colts in a big way. I'd say that's pretty nice.

They could be right, they could be wrong. As of today, that's not the point. The point is their view of Indianapolis has changed dramatically. Props to them, and points for us! :thmup:

I think it's important to remember just how easy it is to lose games in the NFL and how hard it is to win - I know those are the same thing. What I mean is this: Remember, even when we had Peyton, how many games came down to fourth quarter final drives, and how many games are decided with random turnovers and special teams play? We won more than our fair share of them - with a hall of fame quarterback. Take away that veteran experience with our incredibly young team, I think we're going to be more than frustrated this year with missed blocks/fumbles/dropped passes/missed tackles ... etc, all leading to losses of momentum and lost games. Add all those things up and I think 6 wins would be a huge success for this team.

Said 8-8 since the schedule was released, and I shall stick to that. Although it means absolutely zero, what anyone predicts. I've got no idea if I'm being 'half full' or 'half empty'.......and I don't really care. Early January and we will all know just how smart we were!

I said 9-7 since the beginning as well.

Pre-dominantly running teams we will face:

Vikes, Jaguars (twice), Texans (twice), Jets, Dolphins (because they cant pass :)), Chiefs, Browns (to protect their rookie QB just like Dolphins)

Pre-dominantly passing teams we will face:

Patriots, Packers, Lions

More balanced teams we can expect:

Bears (new offense has more zone blocking from what is written), Titans (twice) though they may run more by the time they play us, Bills who are spotty on the passing front and thus may employ the run more against us

A lot of our record will hinge on our run D, from what I am seeing.