Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Record Prediction

SubZero

6-10 sounds like a safe pick to me. I can honestly see them having a couple rough games and barely lose, to only get us maybe 4 wins. Or I can see us getting things together well and winning up to 9 games. Andrew Luck really is good enough to get us there, I'm very excited to watch the Colts this year, even though my expectations are around a 6-10 season. I'm very excited about the 3-4 defense, have always been a fan of it. Luck and the young, fast offense is another exciting thing, though the OL is a question mark and lack of experience as well. It will be a fun year.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a better chance of winning the lottery than gabbert and locker do of taking over this division. I'd bet my life on it. There's a reason they havn't made noise in years. They suck.

They've both been in the league for one year, and the latter was a back-up.

Luck will Prove that the afc south was is and for ever will be the colts

Uhhh...I don't think so. By the time he's on the right track with a competitive team, he will be facing many more problems than just the Texans. The Jaguars and Titans are close to being pretty good too. The days of Colts complete domination are over. They went with Peyton Manning, ironically enough.

Uhhh...I don't think so. By the time he's on the right track with a competitive team, he will be facing many more problems than just the Texans. The Jaguars and Titans are close to being pretty good too. The days of Colts complete domination are over. They went with Peyton Manning, ironically enough.

I have to agree with that. I think the Colts will be competitive sooner than people are giving them credit for, but it's not a one-sided division any longer. It would be great if the AFC South could earn the prestige that comes with a reputation like the AFC North of being just a brutal division to compete in. I like competition.

I think we will finish at 7-9, a significant jump, but still not where we want to be. I see the team being fun to watch and trending upwards. I see Grigson and staff having another good draft next year and we will return to the playoffs (where we outta be) next year.

I have to agree with that. I think the Colts will be competitive sooner than people are giving them credit for, but it's not a one-sided division any longer. It would be great if the AFC South could earn the prestige that comes with a reputation like the AFC North of being just a brutal division to compete in. I like competition.

I would love that so much. Plus there would be no Browns type of team in this division either, we'd be comparable to the NFC East. Only a short time until it's that way in the South.

I would love that so much. Plus there would be no Browns type of team in this division either, we'd be comparable to the NFC East. Only a short time until it's that way in the South.

I like where the Titans are headed, but the Jags need to get on it. Their defense is coming along but man Gabbert is brutal.

I like where the Titans are headed, but the Jags need to get on it. Their defense is coming along but man Gabbert is brutal.

Yeah, guy was a deer in the headlights last season. I liken him to Curtis Painter. After he gets used to the system, gets better weapons, and gets a little confidence, I think they can hope to compete with him. They say he has photographic memory, maybe he'll use it to his advantage in the coming years hahaha. If they implode this year and Gabbert shows no sign of improvement, however, I think big number 7 from USC is going to be joining 12 in this division. That rivalry would be almost on par with Manning/Brady, albeit in the same division.

Colts and luck our the new era texans just a formality , titans are never gonna be a threat same with jags team that focus on rb will never be a threat no this qb league

Are you trying to convince us by saying this stuff in multiple threads or yourself?

Cause between all these comments and the constant sticking up of RG3 you do, I am starting to wonder lately.

Are you trying to convince us by saying this stuff in multiple threads or yourself?

Cause between all these comments and the constant sticking up of RG3 you do, I am starting to wonder lately.

Yeah this guy always down on the colts do root for bobby lee griffin

Stop being realistic fans and be passionate fans. I say we win the division, and it's sad that in my mind I can justify all the reasons why. Any game is winnable, and we have one of the biggest advantages on our side, everyone is going to underestimate us. Jags and titans will be worn out by mid season, Texans will choke like they always do. I say we go 10-6.

Stop being realistic fans and be passionate fans. I say we win the division, and it's sad that in my mind I can justify all the reasons why. Any game is winnable, and we have one of the biggest advantages on our side, everyone is going to underestimate us. Jags and titans will be worn out by mid season, Texans will choke like they always do. I say we go 10-6.

I like it.

Yeah, * REALITY!!

Edited by Nadine
profanity

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, August 18, 2012 - personal shot
Hidden by shecolt, August 18, 2012 - personal shot

The years of losing musta made u think u own the afc south u one one time and that it's it will never happen again so enjoy it

Stay in school. You need it.

Being realistic will help with the letdown at the end of the season. BUT I do expect us to be playoff contenders in 2-3 years. Next year I think we might fight for a wildcard, but thats JMO. Don't get me wrong being a passionate fan is a great thing.

So it's wrong for me to stick up for a guy who's hated by people he's never met before? Interesting. Whenever Luck gets a locker full of action figures, or makes an Adidas commercial, I'll be the first to ridicule him.

Funny...with all our injuries last year we still won a game in the playoffs. I wouldn't exactly call that choking. 2-14, however... By the way, Luck will be lucky to win at least four this season.

Being realistic will help with the letdown at the end of the season. BUT I do expect us to be playoff contenders in 2-3 years. Next year I think we might fight for a wildcard, but thats JMO. Don't get me wrong being a passionate fan is a great thing.

Thank you! Finally someone who uses reason.

Personally I see nothing wrong with it except one thing, There is that potential for him to be doing all this and this season crash hard, I dont think he has let it go to his head yet but I would just like to hear more reports that are related to football about him if Im a Skins fan (Not that I been paying attention to Robert Griffin III so there could be reports out there of him doing very well)

Thank you! Finally someone who uses reason.

TBH I have often praised the Texans and praised the 2011 season they had. Heck I even rooted for them in the playoffs.

BUT, you seem to want to find nothing but Colts doom and gloom around our section here? That won't happen....I can assure you. It happens sometimes and it will happen again this season. Heck maybe Sunday night. You see some very optimistic and maybe too much for next year. And some are not so much. So be it. Let people feel what they want to feel about the Colts and don't worry about telling them if you think they are right or wrong all the time.

But, people here will get excited whether you agree with it or not. We have a crazy talented young QB to build around, an enthusiastic new head coach who knows defense and many are excited about what they have seen so far and heard.

I'll say it again. This is the Colts section. You won't find as much Texans praise as you might sometimes want and sometimes you might see flat out gushing for Luck or our team no matter what last year resulted in.

Things change from year to year in this league too so it is sometimes better not to get too cocky unless you have shown year to year sustained excellence. The Texans are not exactly the Patriots as an opponent.......

TBH I have often praised the Texans and praised the 2011 season they had. Heck I even rooted for them in the playoffs.

BUT, you seem to want to find nothing but Colts doom and gloom around our section here? That won't happen....I can assure you. It happens sometimes and it will happen again this season. Heck maybe Sunday night. You see some very optimistic and maybe too much for next year. And some are not so much. So be it. Let people feel what they want to feel about the Colts and don't worry about telling them if you think they are right or wrong all the time.

But, people here will get excited whether you agree with it or not. We have a crazy talented young QB to build around, an enthusiastic new head coach who knows defense and many are excited about what they have seen so far and heard.

I'll say it again. This is the Colts section. You won't find as much Texans praise as you might sometimes want and sometimes you might see flat out gushing for Luck or our team no matter what last year resulted in.

Things change from year to year in this league too so it is sometimes better not to get too cocky unless you have shown year to year sustained excellence. The Texans are not exactly the Patriots as an opponent.......

I hope you know that I agree with Americolt's statement that the Colts will be contenders in 2 or 3 seasons. Do I want gloom and doom? No, but I also don't want people proclaiming 12 win seasons and other things that, while possible, are still highly unlikely. I hope you understand that I mean no harm; Stuff like this only happens when you put rival fans together. I expect both of our teams to be competitive against each other very soon. Maybe it'll be 12 v.s. 13, a new rivalry for the AFC South :)

I really think this team is a playoff team on O...

This team HAS GOT TO STAY HEALTHY and GET THE QB if they want to win "big".

I have said it time and time again. The schedule is "soft"...

and John Clayton agrees....

http://www.1070thefan.com/podcast/Episodes.aspx?PID=2161

This team has a very D friendly schedule. ... Playoffs? Why not? Luck will produce...

:lombardi::coltshelmet::coltslogo:

The Oilers .. err.. Texans are just keeping the seat warm.

Go Indy Colts. ...

I like the fact that there are fans of other teams in our division that frequent the boards here. It shows that this board is interesting. Our board is alive and well. As Jules pointed out, it is a Colt board. It is quite OK to be excited and dream big about the changes to the team and it's new direction. If you go and post that overzealous hype on another teams board, expect to get it thrown back at you. We try to keep things more civil here. Regardless, lets try to refrain from writing careful sarcastic barbs at one another that skirt the rules.

I originally said 5-11. I am going to officially amend that to 7-9. That prediction has nothing to do with our previous records with any divisional opponent. It has to do with our team right now, and having watched Gabbert and Locker. Even as a rookie, Luck will out perform both this season.

This team has a very D friendly schedule. ...

Yeah I noticed this myself a while ago. Assuming none of the Ds drastically improve that we are playing but even D's like the Jets don't seem as scary as they used to be. Not that they are a pushover but you know what I mean.

I like the fact that there are fans of other teams in our division that frequent the boards here. It shows that this board is interesting. Our board is alive and well. As Jules pointed out, it is a Colt board. It is quite OK to be excited and dream big about the changes to the team and it's new direction. If you go and post that overzealous hype on another teams board, expect to get it thrown back at you. We try to keep things more civil here. Regardless, lets try to refrain from writing careful sarcastic barbs at one another that skirt the rules.

I originally said 5-11. I am going to officially amend that to 7-9. That prediction has nothing to do with our previous records with any divisional opponent. It has to do with our team right now, and having watched Gabbert and Locker. Even as a rookie, Luck will out perform both this season.

So so I. I always got along with these Texans fans and I hope to continue chatting with them in the future since they often make me laugh too with their humor. But, as the season inches closer competitive feelings for our teams might start to shine through more and more.

We can all keep it civil. Can't we? I will try as well.

This team and staff are an enigma... Nobody knows... Clayton said they were an "expansion level" team... BEFORE he seen them. And he left feeling impressed

QB.... Indy has one.

Bring the D together and this team can win. Depth is a big concern but what he hey.. ?? It's pre season.

And Indy WILL SCORE the BALL.

I tend to agree. It's all one game at a time and that's how I watch them. You play to win and what happens is what happens.

I also don't want people proclaiming 12 win seasons and other things that, while possible, are still highly unlikely.

This is a Colts board and you will see that. If you do not want to see that, then you are not in the correct place.

Our mission here on the Coltstrong forums

Our mission

As the Official Fan Forum for the Indianapolis Colts, our goal is to provide a well moderated community where NFL fans can enjoy a family-friendly welcoming environment for discussing Colts football, the NFL, and other topics of mutual interest. This is a place where Where 'football gurus' and casual fans can meet and enjoy each others company on a shared topic of interest.

Civility, a welcoming atmosphere, tolerance, humor, mutual respect and individual commitment to the community are our over-riding goals.

In addition to individual adherence to the community norms (but equally essentail) are our volunteers who moderate the site and aim to lay out clear boundaries of socially acceptable behavior that facilitates quality discussion.

If you'd like a further explanation of the Code of Conduct, please continue reading here

Agreed, I see the south as an even playing field. Look out for the "upstart" Colts!