Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Not sure if...

Brayton Thompson

Rams.

C'mon people.

It was still a very good showing. But Luck is talented enough to beat a subpar D running vanilla schemes in PS game #1 with no defensive coordinator. If this continues against Pittsburgh and the like, I'll change my mind.

Idc what anyone says. We were the WORST Team Last Year. So, a Win is a Win. When the WORST Team beats ANYONE, there is NO FLUKES, NO EXCUSES, NOTHING! It was PURE SKILL, we WANTED IT MORE. So say what you want, the RAMS were actually TRYING. Don't bother replying to this Comment with anything Negative, cause I'm not Responding. Give us our Credit. We played a GREAT Game. Let us enjoy it people

Rams.

C'mon people.

It was still a very good showing. But Luck is talented enough to beat a subpar D running vanilla schemes in PS game #1 with no defensive coordinator. If this continues against Pittsburgh and the like, I'll change my mind.

Hmm..........makes you wonder

Rams.

C'mon people.

Courtland Finnegan and Janoris Jenkins at CB. Chris Long, Michael Brockers, Robert Quinn on the DL. They aren't a terrible D, it's their offense holding them back. (See: Cleveland)

Idc what anyone says. We were the WORST Team Last Year. So, a Win is a Win. When the WORST Team beats ANYONE, there is NO FLUKES, NO EXCUSES, NOTHING! It was PURE SKILL, we WANTED IT MORE. So say what you want, the RAMS were actually TRYING. Don't bother replying to this Comment with anything Negative, cause I'm not Responding. Give us our Credit. We played a GREAT Game. Let us enjoy it people

Sorry but I have to say this... Your posts are such eye sores!! lol

Sooo many random capitalized words

Courtland Finnegan and Janoris Jenkins at CB. Chris Long, Michael Brockers, Robert Quinn on the DL. They aren't a terrible D, it's their offense holding them back. (See: Cleveland)

They're not terrible. But they're not good.

what are you talking about? its a preseason game. its more about to find out about your 3rd stringers and who's making the roster.

Rams.

C'mon people.

Still, it seems better then what we saw out of Gabbert and many of the rookies at any point last season. Sure it's only a preseason game, but what a preseason game it was!

I agree.

Successful people are characterized by optimism and high standards.

LOSERS are characterized by pessimism and lower standards.

Expectations are very telling as to which side of "the fence" one is on.

As for me, I'm expecting us to squeak in the playoffs. This team has excitement, increased talent(over last year), and an obvious leader behind center. I think we could very well surprise some people.

Even with all the new players, new coaches, new schemes, etc, I thought we looked pretty good under the circumstances.

Maybe this is unrealistic, but you can't reach the stars unless that is where you focus your goals.

It's hard to say. It's preseason, so teams don't use all of the plays in their playbook. And they might give the rookies extra playing time to get them acclimated to the game. As Colts fans, we know that it's possible to have 0 wins in the preseason and still have a strong regular season. Lions fans will tell you that it's possible to have a perfect preseason and 0 wins in the regular season. With that said, I still think Luck is extremely talented and had a good showing.

I agree.

Successful people are characterized by optimism and high standards.

LOSERS are characterized by pessimism and lower standards.

Expectations are very telling as to which side of "the fence" one is on.

As for me, I'm expecting us to squeak in the playoffs. This team has excitement, increased talent(over last year), and an obvious leader behind center. I think we could very well surprise some people.

Even with all the new players, new coaches, new schemes, etc, I thought we looked pretty good under the circumstances.

Maybe this is unrealistic, but you can't reach the stars unless that is where you focus your goals.

Exactly. I understand it's ONLY Pre-Season, but a Win is a Win. We just came off of a 2-14 season.... of course I'ma be Happy to see us Smiling again. Idc if the game doesn't matter or not. And then these Redskin Fans irritate me cause when they Win a Pre-Season Game.... they act like they Won the Super Bowl. But now that Luck Upstaged RG3 (IMO), everyone says "You're doing too much" or "It's only Pre-Season". Smh Hypocrites

Exactly. I understand it's ONLY Pre-Season, but a Win is a Win. We just came off of a 2-14 season.... of course I'ma be Happy to see us Smiling again. Idc if the game doesn't matter or not. And then these Redskin Fans irritate me cause when they Win a Pre-Season Game.... they act like they Won the Super Bowl. But now that Luck Upstaged RG3 (IMO), everyone says "You're doing too much" or "It's only Pre-Season". Smh Hypocrites

You've got to be joking...half of this forum is celebrating like we just bombed Japan and the war is over. There are probably people in the streets of Indianapolis making out as we speak.

You've got to be joking...half of this forum is celebrating like we just bombed Japan and the war is over. There are probably people in the streets of Indianapolis making out as we speak.

True story. The kid had a good outing today, but it doesn't mean a thing. Consistency is what we are looking for. You think the overreaction is bad now.....wait until he struggles.

I wasn't referring to this forum. I live in Virginia. The local team? Redskins. I was referring to that. All of them kept bashing me after the Win today on Twitter & everything else just cause we Won

After last season and after seeing most of our favorite players released during the off-season there is a reason why Colts fans were so jacked about today. Frankly other than an upset over the Texans (that left a lot people freaking out that we wouldn't get Luck) you can argue it's the first true moment Colts fans have really had to celebrate in over a year. Let us have our moment rather than coming in and trying to be a buzz kill like you have tried to do today. Most people are still staying some where around five wins so no people aren't losing their minds. Also Andrew Luck was impressive today and since he was replacing Peyton Manning of course people are going to celebrate. Out of Luck, RG3, and Manning Luck easily had the best game this weekend so of course Colts fans are going to be happy it gives them hope going forward. You can sit here and go Rams all you want but it doesn't change the fact that Luck was impressive. Do we need to put him in the Hall of Fame yet? No clearly not but it does give us reason to look forward going to season and given the past year that's reason to celebrate.

To answer your question no Colts fans aren't in the streets of Indianapolis right now we reserve that for Super Bowl wins but seeing as how Houston has never won one I can understand why you might get confused about things like that.

Sorry if that comes across as harsh but it really gets under my skin when fans of other teams come in here and tell Colts fans what we can and can't be happy about and how happy we are aloud to be about something.

They should be celebrating!

After losing Peyton and the season we had last year, the future is suddenly looking MUCH better.

I'm sure there were a few thousand "wet dreams" in Houston after the first (and only) playoff win last year.

Can't have it both ways.

And I really don't think bombing Japan compares.

It's ONLY football.

Don't hate, CONGRATULATE!

haha

Besides, who doesn't appreciate seeing this much effort and passion in a preseason game after last seasons disaster and the past views of this team directed towards "meaningless games"?.

It's a refreshing change to me. I appreciated today very much.

Hey I said HALF the forum. And I enjoyed all of your subtle jabs. They made me giggle.

And saying the city of Indianapolis was in the streets over a pre-season game wasn't a jab? I just gave right back to you in the same nature you gave it to our city. I don't tell you what you can and can't celebrate as a Texan fan how about not doing that for our fans? Also the other part about beating the Texans wasn't a jab that was honestly the last thing Colts fans had to celebrate till today and even then it wasn't really a reason to celebrate because a lot of people were freaking out that win cost us Luck. I guess you can say we could have celebrated a loss to the Jags because it meant we landed Luck but at the sametime a lot of people just don't celebrate losses and a lot of people were sad because they realized it celebrated Manning's fate. It's been a hard year so of course when something good happens you are going to see our fan base be thrilled even if it's a meaningless pre-season game. Deep down we all know that with that said seeing what Luck did today put a lot of people at ease so yes they are going to be happy.

I only saw the first half but what i saw i liked - regardles of the opponent. From the updates i got of the second half it showed that the team played with a lot of consistency.

That in itself is enough to get excited about, especially when you consider this is the first game the coaching staff has worked together. There is a common theme that the players have bought into and it showed. Good job by Pagano.

They looked good today. Enjoy it tonight, review it tomorrow and correct the mistakes. We have a lot to build on - forget who it was we played against. We played on the same field and we took care of business. I am optomistic the team will get better and will compete well against the Steelers next week.

-d.

We don't control who we play, and a preseason game is nowhere close to the intensity of a regular season game. But taking that for what it is, it was a solid opening showing from Luck. I like how the schedule falls such that we don't play the Texans until the final three weeks of the season.