Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

"Rex more impressive than RG3"

ColtsFTW

Apparently the guy saying this has been covering the Skins since Shuler was a rookie. Anyway have fun with it!

http://washington.cb...ssive-than-rg3/

RG3 did in his debut what any rookie would do..... not much really.

What I find a bit "interesting" are his post game comments.

"practice is easier than a game" and several more...

"everything is opening up"

Does RG# realize that he is playing teh BUFFAO BILLS. And it is week one of ......

PRESEASON.

McFly.... ????

I just don't know about this kid....

Does RG# realize that he is playing teh BUFFAO BILLS. And it is week one of ......

PRESEASON.

McFly.... ????

I look forward to you marginalizing everything Luck does in his first preseason game because, well it's the Rams.

"I just don't know about this kid" LOL are you serious...

PRESEASON.

McFly.... ????

Actually he said "the game was easier than practice".

And I thought to myself, "wow, what an unbelievably stupid comment". It was the 1st game of the preseason where he seen an incredibly vanilla defense. He's in for a rude awakening if he really believes that.

And I thought to myself, "wow, what an unbelievably stupid comment". It was the 1st game of the preseason where he seen an incredibly vanilla defense. He's in for a rude awakening if he really believes that.

Sure but he said the game , as in that game was easier than practice.

...Well, what if the game was easier than practice? He's not insinuating that all games are that way. Only this one. I don't see how this is at all a stupid comment.

...Well, what if the game was easier than practice? He's not insinuating that all games are that way. Only this one. I don't see how this is at all a stupid comment.

That may be true, but its still something most veterans will take offense to. A rookie running his mouth about how easy that particular game was. Just puts a target on his back IMO. If he felt that way, thats fine, but some things are better left unsaid.

4-6 70 yards and a TD and RG3 still gets no love and as usual its for something other then his play on the field. "He said the game was easier then practice" This could be taken in several ways but personally I did not take it as a sign of arrogance as people here have just claimed. In practice RG3 is learning brand new playbook, new footwork, new receivers and is expected to get better every single day. Week 1 in pre season its simply about playing football. He doesnt have to think, absorb and breakdown everything like he would in practice. He can just go out there, have some fun and sling the ball and worry about the rest on monday...Which is exactly what he did.

That may be true, but its still something most veterans will take offense to. A rookie running his mouth about how easy that particular game was. Just puts a target on his back IMO. If he felt that way, thats fine, but some things are better left unsaid.

I seriously doubt that any veterans took offense to that comment lol.

Well if the veterans did somehow take offense in his unoffensive words, he won't have to worry about playing the Bills anymore for the rest of this year lol. Maybe next time they play him they'll have forgotten about his fondness for their "vanilla" defense, something he never gets to see in practice.

I seriously doubt that any veterans took offense to that comment lol.

Well if the veterans did somehow take offense in his unoffensive words, he won't have to worry about playing the Bills anymore for the rest of this year lol. Maybe next time they play him they'll have forgotten about his fondness for their "vanilla" defense, something he never gets to see in practice.

You guys can feel anyway you want too about RG3, but I have a feeling that many veteran players around the league are looking forward to getting their shot at him. He is very arrogant and has made many comercials before he ever even took a snap in the NFL. Players may not hate the guy for that but I would bet they are wanting to knock him down a few notches. Like I said earlier, I don't care if he succeeds or not. He is not a Colt and therefore I really don't care how he performs on the field. Just think he will get a dose of reality before his induction into the hall of fame, since the media and many fans have already got him there.

BTW, I would say the same thing about Luck if he ran his mouth like RG3 does. Fortunately, I don't think Luck has it in him to boast about himself.

You guys can feel anyway you want too about RG3, but I have a feeling that many veteran players around the league are looking forward to getting their shot at him. He is very arrogant and has made many comercials before he ever even took a snap in the NFL. Players may not hate the guy for that but I would bet they are wanting to knock him down a few notches. Like I said earlier, I don't care if he succeeds or not. He is not a Colt and therefore I really don't care how he performs on the field. Just think he will get a dose of reality before his induction into the hall of fame, since the media and many fans have already got him there.

Is it wrong for me to like the guy? Or feel indifferent? What it seems a lot of Colts fans around here feel is neither of the two, but bitter dislike to the point of loathing. So what if he made commercials? Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Ndamukong Suh, Fitzgerald, Andre, John Wall...Everyone's made commercials. The guy is not arrogant. He is confident, there is a big difference. Please give me one example of his arrogance. The media talked about your quarterback, Andrew Luck, just as much if not more than Griffin before and now even after the draft. It's not supposed to be a media contest, but Griffin talks and has wise sayings whereas Luck is more reserved and does not. If Griffin is arrogant then Luck is a nerd...see what I did there? He made a few post game comments and the only people who seem to have a problem with them reside here on this board. Veterans are looking forward to playing him as they look forward to playing Luck, Manning, Brady, and Newton. Because he is a good player, a great athlete, and it's always more fun to sack guys like that. Not because he wears Adidas...For Pete's sakes....

Is it wrong for me to like the guy? Or feel indifferent? What it seems a lot of Colts fans around here feel is neither of the two, but bitter dislike to the point of loathing. So what if he made commercials? Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Ndamukong Suh, Fitzgerald, Andre, John Wall...Everyone's made commercials. The guy is not arrogant. He is confident, there is a big difference. Please give me one example of his arrogance. The media talked about your quarterback, Andrew Luck, just as much if not more than Griffin before and now even after the draft. It's not supposed to be a media contest, but Griffin talks and has wise sayings whereas Luck is more reserved and does not. If Griffin is arrogant then Luck is a nerd...see what I did there? He made a few post game comments and the only people who seem to have a problem with them reside here on this board. Veterans are looking forward to playing him as they look forward to playing Luck, Manning, Brady, and Newton. Because he is a good player, a great athlete, and it's always more fun to sack guys like that. Not because he wears Adidas...For Pete's sakes....

Its ok with me that you like RG3, many people do. I don't hate the guy at all, just think he should be a little more humble. There were/are many people that hate Manning because of all the endorsement deals he has had. It goes with the territory. I personally don't care but I do know that many players will have a problem with it, even if they do not admit it.

I also don't care if Luck is a nerd. I'll take the nerdy guy that eats, sleeps, and breaths football everyday of the week and twice on sundays. I guess after having Manning for 14 yrs., having a nerdy QB don't bother me a bit. Its just my opinion but I like players that let their work on the football field do the talking for them. RG3 just rubs me the wrong way, don't mean I hate him or want him to fail because as I've already stated, I just don't care if he's good or not.

Its ok with me that you like RG3, many people do. I don't hate the guy at all, just think he should be a little more humble. There were/are many people that hate Manning because of all the endorsement deals he has had. It goes with the territory. I personally don't care but I do know that many players will have a problem with it, even if they do not admit it.

I also don't care if Luck is a nerd. I'll take the nerdy guy that eats, sleeps, and breaths football everyday of the week and twice on sundays. I guess after having Manning for 14 yrs., having a nerdy QB don't bother me a bit. Its just my opinion but I like players that let their work on the football field do the talking for them. RG3 just rubs me the wrong way, don't mean I hate him or want him to fail because as I've already stated, I just don't care if he's good or not.

I see what you're saying. Both quarterbacks had great parental figures in their life that led them to be the motivated, dedicated, above average, and good people that they are now. Griffin may rub some the wrong way, but he may make others believe that he has spunk. I guess it's just the way one looks at it. Either way, I believe that he and #12 are going to be the two of the top quarterbacks in each of their respective conferences for many years to come. Well, at least I hope 12 isn't...lol since he's in a division with the team of yours truly. :D

PRESEASON.

McFly.... ????

Just an FYI: The Bills have one of the best front 7 in the NFL at this point. Their defense is no joke this year.

Not just that game. Griffin said that games in general feel easier than practices and that it was the same way in college. Read into it what you will... like most things RGIII, this can be viewed as a good thing or a bad thing. If how he feels carries over in to the regular season then it is likely a very, very good thing for us Skins fans.

I've never gotten even a whiff of arrogance coming from that kid, though. He just seems really confident and really comfortable. Once he starts making claims he can't back up or blaming others for his mistakes then I'll have to agree that the arrogance is there. However, the actual content of all his interviews and actions to date fail to support that conclusion. The only way you can get there right now is by making assumptions with roughly as much factual basis as me declaring that Luck will be out of the NFL in four years because that's what his father did.

Just an FYI: The Bills have one of the best front 7 in the NFL at this point. Their defense is no joke this year.

The Redskins also went into the game with three starting linemen out. It's real hard to make heads or tails of anything based on the results of that game.

I am glad that someone pointed out how stacked the Bills are on paper, though.