Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rbs To Make The Team

Kingmanning89

Since the Colts have a stable of running backs that appear capable of being productive in the NFL, who do you think will make the team after the preseason comes to an end? Aside from Addai, Brown and Carter, who are locks to make the team, I feel there is one more spot open. James showed good signs of being a strong goaline presence last season, while Evans, Spann and Moore are unproven talent with strong upside. Evans and Spann looked fairly impressive in limited action during the first preseason game and I hate the thought of losing either of them. However, with limited spots on the roster and ASSUMING Indy decides to keep four RBs on the roster, I have to believe the opening day roster will be Addai, Brown, Carter and Spann, only because Carter is able to become that goaline presence that James was and I feel Spann has a decent future in the league.

Any thoughts you guys?

Evans, my opinion shouldnt matter that much because he is my friend from high school, but i do know that evans is a beast and have seen him. at the end of the rams game i seen him truck i think it was a safty thats what he does and i think thats what the colts need a strong back like evans i hope he gets more playing time tonight so he can back me up. he is just one of those running backs you love to watch run because he will try to truck people instead of moves!

Final RB list should be this:

Addai

Brown

Carter

Evans

Put Spann and James on the practice squad and bring em up as needed per injury God forbid.

Evans has shown explosive speed that he had back in his high school days at Warren Central and the vision to make him an elite back in OUR SYSTEM. hits the hole well. Tonight he'll prove why he will make this team.

Final RB list should be this:

Addai

Brown

Carter

Evans

Put Spann and James on the practice squad and bring em up as needed per injury God forbid.

Evans has shown explosive speed that he had back in his high school days at Warren Central and the vision to make him an elite back in OUR SYSTEM. hits the hole well. Tonight he'll prove why he will make this team.

If Moore makes the team as the KR, he'd be the 4th back. Evans to the PS as insurance for Carter seems logical. I'll be surprised if James makes either squad. Would we really carry 2 RBs on the PS? I think we'd fill it up with CBs, OLs and S's.

Since the Colts have a stable of running backs that appear capable of being productive in the NFL, who do you think will make the team after the preseason comes to an end? Aside from Addai, Brown and Carter, who are locks to make the team, I feel there is one more spot open. James showed good signs of being a strong goaline presence last season, while Evans, Spann and Moore are unproven talent with strong upside. Evans and Spann looked fairly impressive in limited action during the first preseason game and I hate the thought of losing either of them. However, with limited spots on the roster and ASSUMING Indy decides to keep four RBs on the roster, I have to believe the opening day roster will be Addai, Brown, Carter and Spann, only because Carter is able to become that goaline presence that James was and I feel Spann has a decent future in the league.

Any thoughts you guys?

First let me say that I appreciate the thread because it actually takes reality into account with the roster limitations being considered.

Addai, Brown, Carter are locks like you said.

The 4th is interesting this year, if they keep a 4th. I think Spann chances were as a returner and that was a failed experiment last week. Evans looked good but the competition he was against at the time was less than stellar, plus they have a drafted back that is slated to be the short yardage guy. I think if you are interested in Evans you can stow him away on the PS.

Moore is the odds on favorite to me. I have heard good things from Caldwell regarding his speed plus he won the KR job last year. If he returns well tonight, he could be your guy. But the whole need for a kick returner may be mitigated by the new rules.

I think the player to watch the rest of the preseason is Gilreath. If he does well as a punt returner, he will be more valuable and the roster spot will go to a 6th WR instead of a 4th RB.

First let me say that I appreciate the thread because it actually takes reality into account with the roster limitations being considered.

Addai, Brown, Carter are locks like you said.

The 4th is interesting this year, if they keep a 4th. I think Spann chances were as a returner and that was a failed experiment last week. Evans looked good but the competition he was against at the time was less than stellar, plus they have a drafted back that is slated to be the short yardage guy. I think if you are interested in Evans you can stow him away on the PS.

Moore is the odds on favorite to me. I have heard good things from Caldwell regarding his speed plus he won the KR job last year. If he returns well tonight, he could be your guy. But the whole need for a kick returner may be mitigated by the new rules.

I think the player to watch the rest of the preseason is Gilreath. If he does well as a punt returner, he will be more valuable and the roster spot will go to a 6th WR instead of a 4th RB.

I doubt moore will make the roster he's practically one dimensional he's not a very good RB and i doubt he will be much of a factor in the KR which leaves me to believe Evans could get this spot if he keeps performing well, i think there is a good chance of either addai or brown getting hurt though i would hate to see brown go down.

I doubt moore will make the roster he's practically one dimensional he's not a very good RB and i doubt he will be much of a factor in the KR which leaves me to believe Evans could get this spot if he keeps performing well, i think there is a good chance of either addai or brown getting hurt though i would hate to see brown go down.

It is unknown at this point how each team will value a KR. If Gilreath does well at it, my guess is that it will be him and don't keep a 4th RB on the 53 roster.

Evans to me is unlikely because he is a duplication. They already have someone to be that bruising type back in Carter. My feeling is they take a chance on getting Evans on the PS.

It is unknown at this point how each team will value a KR. If Gilreath does well at it, my guess is that it will be him and don't keep a 4th RB on the 53 roster.

Evans to me is unlikely because he is a duplication. They already have someone to be that bruising type back in Carter. My feeling is they take a chance on getting Evans on the PS.

good point, it will be interesting to see how many running backs we actually keep

Yea im anxious as to see what Gilreath can do as well he has really good speed, tbh i would rather keep an extra receiver than a RB but if evans out performs carter then i dont see why the colts wouldnt keep him on the roster i sure wouldnt wanna put him on the ps next thing you know he's the same guy gashing the defense for another team. But in all this is the first time ive seen the colts with this much talent at RB.

I'm not sure Brown is a lock to make the team. Just so this doesn't turn into a, "Brown is a great runner it's the fault of the oline." I think Brown is a fine runner, I don't think he's a good fit for a team that utilizes a zone blocking scheme.

I think they will give Brown one more year. But I could easily see Addai, Carter, Evans, Moore (KR/PR) Then Spann on the PS.

I'm not sure Brown is a lock to make the team. Just so this doesn't turn into a, "Brown is a great runner it's the fault of the oline." I think Brown is a fine runner, I don't think he's a good fit for a team that utilizes a zone blocking scheme.

I think they will give Brown one more year. But I could easily see Addai, Carter, Evans, Moore (KR/PR) Then Spann on the PS.

Brown is gonna make the team this year, but if he doesn't have a good year, he's gone next year.

I pretty much with you, although I am not sure we keep five backs if we keep a third QB this year even if one is the returner. I do agree with the view on Brown though, he could be a shocking last cut but odds are we do give him one more year like you said.