Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Blount

Vltrophy1

No not talking bout that blount. Talking about leGarrett Blount who was fined $15K by his new coach for being late several times. The Bucs had him hire a driving service to wake him up & drive him to work. That worked out so after a couple weeks they bot rid of the drivers service. Next day Blount was you guessed it. Late again. Can't get his butt outta bed to make that kind of money. Benefit of the doubt says get'm checked for sleep apnea to see if it that or has he just gotten lazy?

My guess is he quit trying so hard because the Bucs went and drafted his replacement (in all likelihood) in the 1st round. Dont make his behavior right of course, it should motivate him, but I bet thats got alot to do with his lateness and such.

No not talking bout that blount. Talking about leGarrett Blount who was fined $15K by his new coach for being late several times. The Bucs had him hire a driving service to wake him up & drive him to work. That worked out so after a couple weeks they bot rid of the drivers service. Next day Blount was you guessed it. Late again. Can't get his butt outta bed to make that kind of money. Benefit of the doubt says get'm checked for sleep apnea to see if it that or has he just gotten lazy?

The article I saw said that he was fined a total of $15k by his OLD coach, and relied on the car service all of 2011. There is no mention what-so-ever of this continuing to be a problem under Shiano. The article was nothing but a writers conjecture that his job is at risk. Considering that he was an UFA, and the Bucs spent two picks on RBs this year (including a first rounder), that's not an unreasonable question, but ascribing it to lazyness is ridiculous.

He has talent but the guy is his own worst enemy. If he really can't make it to practice without a driving service, if that is still the case, I would look for his replacement (which it appears they have) and let him go. They gave him a chance to play even with the baggage he brought with him. And instead of being grateful for the opportunity and really proving his worth he pulls this kind of stuff.