Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton is 10th on Forbes Richest Athletes of 2012....

NewColtsFan

How does anyone but uncle Sam know how much he took in via appearances, licensing, and endorsements?

Well... some of the info is public. Some of the info comes from the Agent. It's in their interest to let some positive info out. Some comes from the NFLPA is they think it's good news. Some might come from industry types regarding Peyton's endorsement money. Secrets in Hollywood, or media, are hard to keep.

Plus, this is not down to the dollar. These are ballpark figures. Remember, the folks at Forbes have been doing the top-400 Richest people in the World and in the U.S. for decades. They've got lots and lots of sources.

Is it exact? Probably not. Is it close? Probably yes.

Well... some of the info is public. Some of the info comes from the Agent. It's in their interest to let some positive info out. Some comes from the NFLPA is they think it's good news. Some might come from industry types regarding Peyton's endorsement money. Secrets in Hollywood, or media, are hard to keep.

Plus, this is not down to the dollar. These are ballpark figures. Remember, the folks at Forbes have been doing the top-400 Richest people in the World and in the U.S. for decades. They've got lots and lots of sources.

Is it exact? Probably not. Is it close? Probably yes.

So it must be somebody's job at Forbes the monitor the news for insights into personal income.

I always wondered how they knew how much Oprah was worth

So it must be somebody's job at Forbes the monitor the news for insights into personal income.

I always wondered how they knew how much Oprah was worth

My hunch is.... with the fact that they devote an entire issue to the wealthiest individuals in the world and the u.s. and they've now branched that out to the wealthiest celebrities, and actors, and athletes, etc. that the job of monitoring falls to most everyone there, and not just one person. Too big a job. My guess is everyone there keeps an eye out for public information and saves it for this issue.

Also, an important point to remember, this might be the most popular issue Forbes does every year. Sort of their version of the SI swimsuit issue. They sell lots and lots of these. My guess is far more than any other issue. So, since it's likely a big money maker for them, that's why they probably put so many resources toward it.

Again, just my hunch, but it seems reasonable to me....

My hunch is.... with the fact that they devote an entire issue to the wealthiest individuals in the world and the u.s. and they've now branched that out to the wealthiest celebrities, and actors, and athletes, etc. that the job of monitoring falls to most everyone there, and not just one person. Too big a job. My guess is everyone there keeps an eye out for public information and saves it for this issue.

Also, an important point to remember, this might be the most popular issue Forbes does every year. Sort of their version of the SI swimsuit issue. They sell lots and lots of these. My guess is far more than any other issue. So, since it's likely a big money maker for them, that's why they probably put so many resources toward it.

Again, just my hunch, but it seems reasonable to me....

I never thought of that...........I know the SI swim suit issue is huge because.........well men are men

It is interesting that we all want to know who is richer than who.

Does none of us any good