Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jeff Saturday update

Jules

http://blog.packers....practice-notes/

For anyone who cares....

–New team: C Jeff Saturday (No. 63, pictured), signed as a free agent from Indianapolis in the offseason, was with the No. 1 offense as expected in his first full-squad workout with the Packers. Saturday, of course, was the center for all four of QB Peyton Manning’s MVP seasons with the Colts, and now he’ll be snapping to the reigning league MVP in Rodgers.

“I tell people all the time, I’ve already had a blessed career and now you’re just capping it off,” Saturday said. “I feel a little bit like a rookie. I’m in the (play)book a lot more than I’ve ever been, or at least since the ’90s. That’s quite a while. But it’s fun, too. It refreshes you.”

Saturday said there’s not much from Indy’s offensive system that carries over, but Rodgers noted that Saturday’s experience with no-huddle work is definitely a plus.

“As much up-tempo stuff that Indianapolis ran in his time there, it’s going to transition very well to some of the stuff we’re going to do,” Rodgers said. “Jeff’s really smart, knows the game really well, knows his strengths and limitations, and we’re excited to have him.”

120522saturday600.jpg

Just as it is with seeing Peyton in a Broncos uniform, it doesn't look right to see Saturday in anything but a Colts uniform. Jeff Saturday is the only center I can think of in the history of the league that can say he has snapped the football to a reigning MVP in 5 different seasons

I think Saturday will have more issues with the 49ers' D-line middle than the Bears, Lions, or Vikes' D-lines, IMO. He normally handles the speedy but slightly bigger DTs better than the not so speedy but much bigger NTs. Good thing Rodgers is mobile if that happens.

I wish him nothing but the best, except when he plays us, which he will this year!!! :)

Seeing Jeff in different colors in a new city is just wrong & bizarre to me like a Star Trek episode on an alternative universe.

Please wake me up from this nightmare. If I see him in a foam cheese head, I am not responsible for my actions...

120522saturday600.jpg

Just as it is with seeing Peyton in a Broncos uniform, it doesn't look right to see Saturday in anything but a Colts uniform. Jeff Saturday is the only center I can think of in the history of the league that can say he has snapped the football to a reigning MVP in 5 different seasons

I can not agree with you more....Supe

That is a strange, strange photo..to my eyes ...

but since he's in the NFC.....I hope he gets back to the playoffs.