Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hayworth Hicks

I watched this highlight reel as well and came away impressed with his strength (strong hand punch) and aggresiveness............however, he looks a lot like Jacques McClendon from a couple years ago!

Having said that, we have a different line coach and a different kind of skill set will be required for this offensive line versus the previous regime!

I am seeing a trend here in BIGGER and STRONGER bodies over smaller and quicker bodies along the line!

Hicks worked at playing C prior to the draft. Maybe a move to C enhances his ability to make the team. I watched tape and he seems like a better athlete than McClendon. Hicks has powerful arms and demoloshed people in the run game but he is not as quick as the players the Colts are used to having.

I know this dude will tear it up. Someone write this down 'cus it will happen.

My other prediction is if Kobe can get past KD and Westbrook he will win another ring

after last night, they'll be lucky to get a win

I enjoy how a thread about our new guard became a thread about the lakers lol.

he looks very good at Guard and in very physical and man handles linemen and linebackers and can get down field pretty quick for a big man

Hicks demolished most of his competition. Against UCON Kendall Reyes made one play against Hicks when Hicks overran him. Most of the plays that Kendall played on Hicks' side were of no consequence. Reyes faired better playing on the side opposite Hicks. Never saw McClendon pull and trap the way Hicks does. If Hicks does not make the Colts team he will be playing some other team because I do not believe we can stash him on the practice squad.

Hicks demolished most of his competition. Against UCON Kendall Reyes made one play against Hicks when Hicks overran him. Most of the plays that Kendall played on Hicks' side were of no consequence. Reyes faired better playing on the side opposite Hicks. Never saw McClendon pull and trap the way Hicks does. If Hicks does not make the Colts team he will be playing some other team because I do not believe we can stash him on the practice squad.

I agree, it would be silly to do that, with that said he may not be a day one starter (which I think he should be) but he certainly better be on the active roster and not practice squad

I was looking at camp or OTA pictures on colts.com and saw a particular player who just stood out. He was number 61 (that's Hick's number, right?) and he was powerful looking. Now, I don't know how he played but he looks like a somebody.

I was looking at camp or OTA pictures on colts.com and saw a particular player who just stood out. He was number 61 (that's Hick's number, right?) and he was powerful looking. Now, I don't know how he played but he looks like a somebody.

Hicks is #61 with the white jersey. Chapman is #61 in the blue jersey. Both are powerful looking.