Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton back in Indy this weekend

I personally think he will always have ties with Indiana and that I feel good about. He will always be associated with Indiana and the Indianapolis Colts. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion. Now we will have Andrew Luck also associated with the Indianapolis Colts how could one team get so lucky? :thmsup:

I personally think he will always have ties with Indiana and that I feel good about. He will always be associated with Indiana and the Indianapolis Colts. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion. Now we will have Andrew Luck also associated with the Indianapolis Colts how could one team get so lucky? :thmsup:

True, but I was also glad to see that the Peyback foundation is expanding to Colorado as well. He also has reportedly found a house in Denver and Ashley and the twins are soon joining him.

True, but I was also glad to see that the Peyback foundation is expanding to Colorado as well. He also has reportedly found a house in Denver and Ashley and the twins are soon joining him.

If I was a betting person I still think he will keep his house in Indianapolis also. He probably has more than one home at this time anyway. Just my thoughts.

If I was a betting person I still think he will keep his house in Indianapolis also. He probably has more than one home at this time anyway. Just my thoughts.

I agree, but I think it will be hard for him to find time to spend there given his work ethic. It will be interesting to see where he settles down after retirement.

DING DING DING LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in this corner weighting at 220 pounds the next big thing as he begins to brings the pain to the league ANDREWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW LUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and in the other corner weighing in at 230 pounds the 4 time heavy weight champion of the WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PEYTONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN THE MACHINE MANNINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

haha im kidding.

DING DING DING LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in this corner weighting at 220 pounds the next big thing as he begins to brings the pain to the league ANDREWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW LUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and in the other corner weighing in at 230 pounds the 4 time heavy weight champion of the WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PEYTONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN THE MACHINE MANNINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

haha im kidding.

Next season..91..next season.........2013..

Well lets face it he was learning from the best in my opinion. :thmsup: He had Eli at the academy also so it was double fold in my opinion. What more could a future franchise QB ask for ? :yes:

That's funny...

This seems like its working out for both of them...

..of course if by some miracle the Colts make the playoffs they could draw Denver in the first round.

I was thinking about this the other day. Everyone just sort of 'assumes' that Peyton Manning will always be 'thought of as' or associated with the Colts....and at this place in time, why would anyone think differently? But what if he plays 5 years in Denver and wins a couple of Championships? Down the line, that could be what hes remembered for. On a local level, you guys will always see him as one of your own...but a players legacy tends to be very much influenced by where his success was and the lasting images of those runs are what fans remember.

For example...Adam Vinatieri has now been a Colts for 6 years. But he is still remembered for what he did in New England. If it was the other way around and Vinatieri won 1 championship with the Patriots and then 3 in his short time with the Colts, when people look back at his career wouldnt they always picture him in a Colts uniform?

If Peyton goes on and wins two or three championships in Denver, THOSE are the images people will associate with Peyton Manning when people look back, and his time in Indianapolis will be a 'back page story'

That's funny...

This seems like its working out for both of them...

..of course if by some miracle the Colts make the playoffs they could draw Denver in the first round.

That won't happen this year but if it did, Peyton will beat the :edit: out of your defense. Denver is a much better team overall. It will be interesting for me personally to know if I like Andrew more than the Broncos. If the answer is yes, I would have to pretend otherwise to keep harmoney in my household.

If Peyton goes on and wins two or three championships in Denver, THOSE are the images people will associate with Peyton Manning when people look back, and his time in Indianapolis will be a 'back page story'

I don't think so. There is no way 14 seasons and what he accomplished there will ever be forgotten. But ask us again in 4 years and after 2 super bowls :)

Edited by shecolt
masked profanity

I don't think so. There is no way 14 seasons and what he accomplished there will ever be forgotten. But ask us again in 4 years and after 2 super bowls :)

Oh i know...I didnt mean they'd be forgotten, especially on the local level. But for other fans looking back years later, they tend to remember signature moments, or images. You can see it in every NFL network promo...a quarterback holding up the Lombardi trophy or celebrating after a championship. If Peyton wins a couple championships in an orange Denver uniform and that becomes what hes associated with and those are the images that are played on the network that last in peoples minds... then it throws a wrench into the assumed 'Peyton will always be a Colt' sentiment for those not in Indianapolis. If he plays for 5 years...i mean its not like he just 'went somewhere for a year or 2' to close out his career. 5 years is a long time and people tend to forget in a 'what have you done for me lately' type of NFL. Just something to think about...

Oh i know...I didnt mean they'd be forgotten, especially on the local level. But for other fans looking back years later, they tend to remember signature moments, or images. You can see it in every NFL network promo...a quarterback holding up the Lombardi trophy or celebrating after a championship. If Peyton wins a couple championships in an orange Denver uniform and that becomes what hes associated with and those are the images that are played on the network that last in peoples minds... then it throws a wrench into the assumed 'Peyton will always be a Colt' sentiment for those not in Indianapolis. If he plays for 5 years...i mean its not like he just 'went somewhere for a year or 2' to close out his career. 5 years is a long time and people tend to forget in a 'what have you done for me lately' type of NFL. Just something to think about...

Yeah, I guess I understand what you are saying. I don't know. It's just hard to imagine him anything but a Colt right now, but five years and two championship with the Broncos could possibly change things a bit. He is already well loved in Denver and looks great in orange and blue... So yes, I guess you have a good point. If Peyton is ever remembered as a Bronco, that would be a great thing for me.

Peyton played here for 14 years, had a storied struggle to win a championship, and then he finally one. It was Indy's , Peyton's, and Dungy's 1st championship. Plus the record for most consecutive playoff appearances and Peyton broke many statistical records with the Colts. Now we have Luck, who will get national attention and forever be compared to Manning.

Manning will always be remembered for his years in Indianapolis, nationally.