Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts at Titans postgame reaction

GoColts8818

Dear God this debate about Flacco is total nonsense and being driven by people who are clearly insecure about AR.  It’s okay to say Flacco did his job as the backup QB and helped the Colts win two of the three games he played but also admit AR is the starter and saying Flacco is a good backup isn’t going to change that.  Frankly I see the people praying Flacco admitting AR is the starter and he needs to play for the most part.  You don’t have to tear down Flacco to support AR.  It’s not one vs the other, they are literally on the same team.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

So you judge Flacco on one game? How just is that?

I feel like Chloe is going a bit overboard, but isn't this a thread for that one specific game? Why should people not evaluate Flacco for this specific game? I don't think Flacco played well yesterday. Yes, we won... it wasn't because of Flacco. In fact, as the time progressed you can say he got worse and worse and that ended up with an absolutely horrendous pick... about as bad as any AR pick and we were lucky with some ref decisions to not end up with a loss in that game. 

Flacco is generally a very solid backup. He has good experience and he knows how to play the game. I am glad we have him on our team and he's doing what we got him for pretty well. He might be better than AR right now, but that doesn't tell you much and it's not a reason to close our eyes to what happened yesterday. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

I feel like Chloe is going a bit overboard, but isn't this a thread for that one specific game? Why should people not evaluate Flacco for this specific game? I don't think Flacco played well yesterday. Yes, we won... it wasn't because of Flacco. In fact, as the time progressed you can say he got worse and worse and that ended up with an absolutely horrendous pick... about as bad as any AR pick and we were lucky with some ref decisions to not end up with a loss in that game. 

Flacco is generally a very solid backup. He has good experience and he knows how to play the game. I am glad we have him on our team and he's doing what we got him for pretty well. He might be better than AR right now, but that doesn't tell you much and it's not a reason to close our eyes to what happened yesterday. 

I think this is a good way to put it. He is a vet and came in to do the job he was asked to do. But in no way was he elite or out of this world. 

12 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Dear God this debate about Flacco is total nonsense and being driven by people who are clearly insecure about AR.  It’s okay to say Flacco did his job as the backup QB and helped the Colts win two of the three games he played but also admit AR is the starter and saying Flacco is a good backup isn’t going to change that.  Frankly I see the people praying Flacco admitting AR is the starter and he needs to play for the most part.  You don’t have to tear down Flacco to support AR.  It’s not one vs the other, they are literally on the same team.

As long as we win, I really don't care who plays QB lmao 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Flacco has done what he is asked to do. It’s not about tearing him down. It’s about the silliness acting like he has played like mahomes. 

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Flacco has done what he is asked to do. It’s not about tearing him down. It’s about the silliness acting like he has played like mahomes. 

Who has said he has played like Mahomes? He is an all-time good, not a Hall of famer but good and SB winner.

• Like 1

PFF Grades vs. Titans

QB

Flacco - 56.1

WR/TE

Ogletree - 88.5, Downs - 81.2, Cox - 75.2, Pittman - 68.8, Mitchell - 64.7, Dulin - 53.6, Granson - 52.5, Mallory - 51.3, Pierce - 49.9

RB

Goodson - 61.8, Sermon - 41.2

OL

Raimann - 87.4, Nelson - 81.7, Smith - 74.3, Bortolini - 67.4, Tucker - 63.6. Kelly - 52.2

DL

Stewart - 81.0, Gotsis - 75.3, Adebawore - 72.0, Odeyingbo - 70.6, Bryan - 67.5, Paye - 65.5, Latu - 64.3, Land - 60.0 Davis - 45.4

LB

Carlies - 84.9, Franklin - 63.1, Speed - 48.3

CB/ S

Womack - 88.0, Cross - 74.1, Moore - 65.3, Jones - 61.3, Blackmon - 60.4, Thomas - 60.0

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

PFF Grades vs. Titans

QB

Flacco - 56.1

WR/TE

Ogletree - 88.5, Downs - 81.2, Cox - 75.2, Pittman - 68.8, Mitchell - 64.7, Dulin - 53.6, Granson - 52.5, Mallory - 51.3, Pierce - 49.9

RB

OL

Raimann - 87.4, Nelson - 81.7, Smith - 74.3, Bortolini - 67.4, Tucker - 63.6. Kelly - 52.2

DL

Stewart - 81.0, Gotsis - 75.3, Adebawore - 72.0, Odeyingbo - 70.6, Bryan - 67.5, Paye - 65.5, Latu - 64.3, Land - 60.0 Davis - 45.4

LB

CB/ S

Womack - 88.0, Cross - 74.1, Moore - 65.3, Jones - 61.3, Blackmon - 60.4, Thomas - 60.0

Yep... this coincides with my eye test - Flacco's grade is about the same as Richardson's grade for the season... 

Downs was indeed great. Sermon was bad. I thought the OL did a good job in pass pro but not great in run blocking... Stewart was solid as always.... 

Womack is turning out to be a great get off waivers. And Cross is stringing some solid performances. 

I didn't notice Ogletree or Carlies playing that well.. but maybe they had fewer snaps? 

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It’s kind of funny that Womack is not the typically tall CB Ballard liked and he is colts best CB. Maybe Ballard should stop worrying about traits so much and worry about if a guy can actually play.

I noticed 1 key thing about Womack, he is a good tackler and we need that.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It’s kind of funny that Womack is not the typically tall CB Ballard liked and he is colts best CB. Maybe Ballard should stop worrying about traits so much and worry about if a guy can actually play.

Arm length... Ballard looks at the arm length more than the height. Womack is short but has almost 32" arms(31 7/8")... 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

PFF Grades vs. Titans

QB

Flacco - 56.1

WR/TE

RB

OL

DL

LB

CB/ S

That’s a really good grade for Tucker making his first start with a really hard assignment.

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

Maybe he can overtake Speed.  

Rewatch the draw play and you’ll quickly rethink this.  Not saying Speed is untouchable, he’s had tackle issues too.

13 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

The penalty caused the INT.

So the poster that stated Flacco had 3 interceptions and 2 were saved by penalties is full of  something other than a good accounting ? 

28 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

As long as we win, I really don't care who plays QB lmao 

Well, you’re on an island then. The future of the Colts is with AR getting as many reps as possible. As soon as he’s able. He’ll only get better with playing time.  I get that Flacco has won 2 games, but he’s a backup for a reason. He’s limited, old, and headed out to pasture soon. I’m glad he’s on the team, but I want him on the sidelines ASAP. 

15 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Well, you’re on an island then. The future of the Colts is with AR getting as many reps as possible. As soon as he’s able. He’ll only get better with playing time.  I get that Flacco has won 2 games, but he’s a backup for a reason. He’s limited, old, and headed out to pasture soon. I’m glad he’s on the team, but I want him on the sidelines ASAP. 

I am ok with AR playing or sitting, I would rather him play but if Flacco plays I am fine with that too. With me, I just want to win, I am sick of missing the playoffs every year, our fan deserves at least a playoff appearance. We haven't had a playoff game since 2020 which is ridiculous! You can only have so much patience and positivity which I have a ton but what ever it takes to get in that 7, I could give a rats butt how we do it

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Its kind of funny how we are all down on the colts. Yes they haven’t played great. But when you think of all the injuries they went 3 and 1 without Buck. They have won 3 of four. Really not to shabby with all the dline and other injuries.

I agree. I’m not down on the team at all.  Considering the circumstances I am pleased with our record and I’m seeing players making improvements and the team playing hard.  Young players are going to make mistakes along the way.  The hope is they become fewer and their confidence grows.  We have a lot of good football to look forward too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I agree. I’m not down on the team at all.  Considering the circumstances I am pleased with our record and I’m seeing players making improvements and the team playing hard.  Young players are going to make mistakes along the way.  The hope is they become fewer and their confidence grows.  We have a lot of good football to look forward too.

Plus we should be getting healthier with that really hard stretch coming up. Getting Buck back will be big. Not sure how long Lewis will be out. Maybe he comes back soon. Already missed two games. Seems like it was a hyper extended elbow.  Seems like some confusion on when Brent’s could be back too. He had a mcl surgery. I have no clue how long your out with that injury.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Plus we should be getting healthier with that really hard stretch coming up. Getting Buck back will be big. Not sure how long Lewis will be out. Maybe he comes back soon. Already missed two games. Seems like it was a hyper extended elbow.  Seems like some confusion on when Brent’s could be back too. He had a mcl surgery. I have no clue how long your out with that injury.

There’s a chance he comes back in December depending on how well his rehab goes or if the Colts would still be in contention for the playoffs at that point.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stitches said:

Yep... this coincides with my eye test - Flacco's grade is about the same as Richardson's grade for the season... 

Downs was indeed great. Sermon was bad. I thought the OL did a good job in pass pro but not great in run blocking... Stewart was solid as always.... 

Womack is turning out to be a great get off waivers. And Cross is stringing some solid performances. 

I didn't notice Ogletree or Carlies playing that well.. but maybe they had fewer snaps? 

Yes, Ogletree had 21 snaps, and Carlies had 20.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am ok with AR playing or sitting, I would rather him play but if Flacco plays I am fine with that too. With me, I just want to win, I am sick of missing the playoffs every year, our fan deserves at least a playoff appearance. We haven't had a playoff game since 2020 which is ridiculous! You can only have so much patience and positivity which I have a ton but what ever it takes to get in that 7, I could give a rats butt how we do it

I hear you. I just believe you can accomplish both goals by playing the team’s supposed future leader now. Only one way to find out if he’s the one. If he’s the real deal, things should look pretty sweet by January. Maybe not playoff sweet, but close, and with a bright future. Playing Flacco when AR is healthy is not going to move the needle for this team. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hoose said:

I hear you. I just believe you can accomplish both goals by playing the team’s supposed future leader now. Only one way to find out if he’s the one. If he’s the real deal, things should look pretty sweet by January. Maybe not playoff sweet, but close, and with a bright future. Playing Flacco when AR is healthy is not going to move the needle for this team. 

If AR is 100% he will be the starter 

14 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Yes, Ogletree had 21 snaps, and Carlies had 20.

If you don't mind,  can you tell me where you get these numbers.   I would love to check it out

22 hours ago, DougDew said:

You don't say?  Did Moore play?

Just wondering if the pattern holds...that our best player in the DB group is yet another guy that Ballard didn't draft.  Not that he drafted Moore either.

Why does it matter how the players are acquired?  He brought the talent in