Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dalton Tucker time?

rock8591

Anyone recall how he did this game, after being placed into the starting lineup after Fries' injury?

I remember his draft profile listed him as having decent size at 6'5'' 315 lbs, long arms 34'', also versatile at G/T.

1 hour ago, indyagent17 said:

I would’ve thought conclaves would’ve gone in. Dalton surprised me.

Think they view Goncalves more on the outside as a swing Tackle and Tucker more inside. Talker has impressed since day 1, not sure if Ryan Kelly comes back next week if so we may see Bortolini  slide to the Guard spot. 

• Thanks 1

It sucks Fries went down he was having an amazing season but this injury is Tucker’s chance to make something of it.  I thought he did well when he came in but the real test is going to come as teams get tape on him and figure out how to attack him.  Still I am hoping he does well.  Whoever posts here that is his uncle I think should be really proud tonight even if the game didn’t go the Colts way today.

6 hours ago, bsteves said:

We need Kelly to get back asap so we can slide Bortolini out to guard. 

I'm trying to find a compliment as to how well Bortolini held up today.

He's at the lower end for the size to play center and hold up against a good DT bull rush.

That said, he would be in the lowest percentile size wise to play guard. I wouldn't mind seeing how well he knocks a top DT around 😀.

Tucker was kept as a 10th O lineman at final cuts which I doubt few other teams did that.

He showed a lot of potential as Fries replacement for 2025. All things considered, he has a shot at hundreds of reps for 2024.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• He got open on a lot of short and intermediate routes last year, but Minshew either didn't see him, or had already decided the ball was going to Pittman regardless.
    • He got open so many times last year, but the QB (Mostly Minshew) didn't target him. He's the same receiver this year as he was last year, for the most part, which is to say he's good.
    • Exactly... He was always a deep threat with speed! The problem was he had no one to get him the ball. His rookie season came under an old washed Matt Ryan who had no arm strength left. As a matter of fact the one shining moment Alec had that season was when Ryan threw the ball with all of his left might and hit Alec on a bomb in the back of the endzone for a game winner! Sam Ehlinger had no big arm either as backup nor did Gardner Minshew last season.   I remember how many times last year they would show Alec wide open deep on replays but Minshew was a limited qb unable to make that throw. It appeared that Alec's role a year ago was to simply stretch the field so everything could open up midrange for Minshew who by way has been benched already by the Raiders and their top wr Adams wants out because his numbers have dropped majorly with that qb room!!   The reason why Alec has looked so good with AR and now Joe is because they both have the ability to get the ball downfield which utilizes his skillset. Remember how TY looked without Luck? Not saying TY couldn't route run but his calling card was taking the top off and once Luck was gone it was more shallow outs and slants which led to mounting injuries for TY as he took more shots IMO.   Alec will be just fine and his route running will contine to get better. Teams will no longer try to press him off the line because of his "new found" deep threat abilities (lol) combined with the fact that the OVERALL wr group is much better with Downs, Pitt, Dulin and to a degree AD if he starts losing the alligator arms.
    • Will Levis get ready bro! Tyler Huntley.. you're gonna ball out on your last audition before Tua comes back
    • In practice, Matt Ryan probably thought he had another decade in him.  
  • Members

• ChuggaBeer

ChuggaBeer 1,872

• Old Colt

Old Colt 294

• BeanDiasucci

BeanDiasucci 936

• ClaytonColt

ClaytonColt 429

• jvan1973

jvan1973 11,460

• mirobi48