Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tyquan to IR

10 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I'm speaking off season, not a trade during the season.  The point is that we are probably past the point where Defo gets paid big bucks to be some big impact player.  Keep him around like Philly did with Fletcher Cox, but the days where Defo plays all 3 downs and makes big impact are probably done.   I wouldn't count on him being the important piece to the D like he has been.

Dayo should be the focus.  JMO.

He just signed an extension.   He isn't going anywhere.   Not should he.   He is still playing at a high level

2 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

This might be the most injured I’ve seen a team 4 games into the year. 

Paye

Buckner

Samson

Lewis

JuJu

Blackmon

Kenny Moore

Ryan Kelly

ARich

JT

Josh Downs

Not to mention Davis missed the whole offseason, Latu was banged up, etc.

Let’s hope it gets better, not worse. 

This is highly reminissant of early 2021 where a bunch of guys were out but in this case it seems worst...

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Lewis had the ability to play 3T too. This is bad until Buckner comes back.

He isn’t hurting the cap and he is a really good player. 

Lewis is a DE in my book too small to play DT...

12 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He just signed an extension.   He isn't going anywhere.   Not should he.   He is still playing at a high level

That's fine, I'm not a contract complainer, and the focus of my point wasn't about him moving on or not. 

It was about thinking that losing him would be a great loss that would change a mediocre defense into being something less than mediocre. 

I think if Dayo got Defo's snaps, the D would perform about the same.  But somebody good would have to take Dayo's snaps 

1 hour ago, ProblChld32 said:

Is this longterm IR? As in season ending? This really sucks for him . Played a full season after having several season ending injuries only to be with another Injury. I feel for Tyquan. 

No IR is a minimal of 4 games then they will revaluate the injury

If it’s only 4 games he can come back against Vikings 

35 minutes ago, DougDew said:

That's fine, I'm not a contract complainer, and the focus of my point wasn't about him moving on or not. 

It was about thinking that losing him would be a great loss that would change a mediocre defense into being something less than mediocre. 

I think if Dayo got Defo's snaps, the D would perform about the same.  But somebody good would have to take Dayo's snaps 

It’s the point that we have lost several on the dline. Lewis isn’t the only one.

Tyquan Lewis signed a 2-year, $12mm contract this year.

After 4 more weeks, he'll have missed 52% of the games in his career, and started only 29%.  And he's only started games when others were unable to play.  He's not a "starter".

Don't know about releasing him after this year, with one more year go to.  But I don't think he'll be worth keeping after 2025.

"The greatest ability is availability."

2018 - 8 games played, 6 games started, 8 games missed

2019 - 9 games played, 0 games started, 7 games missed

2020 - 16 games played, 4 games started, 0 games missed

2021 - 8 games played, 2 games started, 8 games missed

2022 - 7 games played, 4 games started, 9 games missed

2023 - 17 games played, 0 games started, 0 games missed

2024 (four weeks from now) - 4 games played, 4 games started, 4 games missed

Totals - 69 games played, 20 games started, 36 games missed

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

After 4 more weeks, he'll have missed 52% of the games in his career, and started only 29%.  And he's only started games when others were unable to play.  He's not a "starter".

Don't know about releasing him after this year, with one more year go to.  But I don't think he'll be worth keeping after 2025.

He will be like 30 or 31 after next season. He is getting to the end of his career. But the guy is playing at a very high level still 

46 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If it’s only 4 games he can come back against Vikings 

It’s the point that we have lost several on the dline. Lewis isn’t the only one.

Yes, and I'm sure the Colts will field a full rotation of D lineman, with a few having to play more snaps than before,  The replacements will be as good as the linemen that won't play....Defo, Lewis, and Paye.  That's my opinion.  

5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Yes, and I'm sure the Colts will field a full rotation of D lineman, with a few having to play more snaps than before,  The replacements will be as good as the linemen that won't play....Defo, Lewis, and Paye.  That's my opinion.  

There comes a point where your depth isn’t that good when you lose this many players. We aren’t talking about losing one guy or two. If Paye can’t go we are talking about half of our starters and depth. Just because you replace them doesn’t mean they are any good.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DougDew said:

It's not that their replacements are not good.   It's the depth behind the replacements.  

Also. There isn't a 3T on this team better than Buckner.  To say so is nonsense

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

There comes a point where your depth isn’t that good when you lose this many players. We aren’t talking about losing one guy or two. If Paye can’t go we are talking about half of our starters and depth. Just because you replace them doesn’t mean they are any good.

10 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

It's not that their replacements are not good.   It's the depth behind the replacements.  

Also. There isn't a 3T on this team better than Buckner.  To say so is nonsense

Why do you keep explaining the same thing to me.  I'll just answer the same way.  The better replacements will play more snaps.  The lesser guys will play a few.  In my opinion, it won't be that big of an impact.  Lewis has always been a marginal one year guy, and there is a good chance Paye is headed the same place.

Grover, Dayo, and Latu are still playing, and probably will play more which is a good thing.

Where did I day there was a better 3T on the team than Buckner?  

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Why do you keep explaining the same thing to me.  I'll just answer the same way.  The better replacements will play more snaps.  The lesser guys will play a few.  In my opinion, it won't be that big of an impact.  Lewis has always been a marginal one year guy, and there is a good chance Paye is headed the same place.

Grover, Dayo, and Latu are still playing, and probably will play more which is a good thing.

Again it comes down to keeping players fresh at  end of games. Don’t complain when colts can’t keep a lead because the dline is exhausted at end of games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, DougDew said:

You seem to think DeFo is easily replaced.   He obviously isn't

16 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Again it comes down to keeping players fresh at  end of games. Don’t complain when colts can’t keep a lead because the dline is exhausted at end of games.

Yes, you're adding in another element that I already know when I answered before.   Its also about having good players play.

If you told me that Latu, Dayo, and Grover were out, I'd be just as concerned as you are about having Lewis, Paye, and Buckner out.

It seems that Grover, Dayo, and Davis are going to have to tough it out more.  I defy you to be able to show that 1) Those three specifically get gassed in the last 4 minutes of the game, and 2), that them getting gassed is the specific reason we lost.  

And, if they are getting gassed, it probably means that the offense sucked at TOP rather than because they each had to play roughly 10 to 15 more snaps caused by rotation.

You made your point with your first post.  I got it.

2 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

As long as we can keep signing him for cheap I think we should. I think he generally outperforms his $6m AAV contract.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

Hey….at least we still have Adam Gotsis!!!!

I liked the Gotsis signing minute we did it, he has played more effectively then T.Bryan when comparing their careers and he got more playing time when they were teammates on the Jags.  Not a star by any means but a solid body in the middle when has a good motor and doesnt get pushed back easily.