Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How to fix the colts

CR91

1 minute ago, a06cc said:

Yeah like you post you made 🤣 You want our QB to run when he gets hurt. You also don’t want him to throw from the pocket in which that’s a QB’s job. Yeah you made such an insightful post…. 😭😭😭

Everyone give CR91 around of applause of an “insightful” post 🤣

Rather you're inside or outside the pocket, you can get hurt. My suggestion is to help him make things easier for him. You're basically saying don't do anything different even though it's not working 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Rather you're inside or outside the pocket, you can get hurt. My suggestion is to help him make things easier for him. You're basically saying don't do anything different even though it's not working 

Here’s the thing though. You aren’t an NFL Coach and your suggest is pretty stupid 🤣 It’s either he learns how to throw from a pocket or he’ll be out of the league. My suggestion is he learns how to be an NFL Quarterback. 

• Like 1

Just now, a06cc said:

Here’s the thing though. You aren’t an NFL and your suggest is pretty stupid. It’s either he learns how to throw from a pocket or he’ll be out of the league. My suggestion is he learns how to be an NFL Quarterback. 

So force him to do something he cant do right now instead of doing something to help him. I'm glad you're not the coach 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

So force him to do something he cant do right now instead of doing something to help him. I'm glad you're not the coach 

Your suggestion for sure isn’t helping. Teams would easy key on it. He needs to learn to get under center and throw. There is no other option 🤣

Just now, a06cc said:

Your suggestion for sure isn’t helping. Teams would easy key on it. He needs to learn to get under center and throw. There is no other option 🤣

So we can't do rollouts and get him to throw on the run? Getting him on the edge work off the sideline? How is any of that a bad thing?

• Like 1

Just now, CR91 said:

So we can't do rollouts and get him to throw on the run? Getting him on the edge work off the sideline? How is any of that a bad thing?

That’s all fine and dandy until teams key in on this. He needs to learn all facets of being a QB in the NFL man. That’s his job! This is year 2 for him. He will learn and as we see the growing pains are there. Now if this doesn’t work and as you see this is why we’ve only signed players to 3 year deals. No extension talks. It has to work within those 3 years or we will be starting over again. 

2 minutes ago, a06cc said:

That’s all fine and dandy until teams key in on this. He needs to learn all facets of being a QB in the NFL man. That’s his job! This is year 2 for him. He will learn and as we see the growing pains are there. Now if this doesn’t work and as you see this is why we’ve only signed players to 3 year deals. No extension talks. It has to work within those 3 years or we will be starting over again. 

You also want to build his confidence and put him in the best position to succeed. 

Just now, CR91 said:

You also want to build his confidence and put him in the best position to succeed. 

Anthony has all the confidence in the world, just look at him. He needs to learn everything and they are putting him in position to succeed. Has weapons and a ground game to lean on. We got drops and all kinds of other factors adding into this situation. 

6 minutes ago, a06cc said:

Anthony has all the confidence in the world, just look at him. He needs to learn everything and they are putting him in position to succeed. Has weapons and a ground game to lean on. We got drops and all kinds of other factors adding into this situation. 

And all the timing throws? Those are not easy especially on third down. If you want him to throw in the pocket, then give him easy throws to the TEs to atleast get the drive going.

Just now, CR91 said:

And all the timing throws? Those are not easy especially on third down. If you want him to throw in the pocket, then give him easy throws to the TEs to atleast get the drive going.

Guess what? NFL isn’t easy and this is why Mahomes sat behind Alex Smith. I’m pretty much done with this conversation because you want him to pretty much run a college style offense at this point is what you’re what you’re basically suggesting. You can ramble on about this with someone else 🤣

2 minutes ago, a06cc said:

Guess what? NFL isn’t easy and this is why Mahomes sat behind Alex Smith. I’m pretty much done with this conversation because you want him to pretty much run a college style offense at this point is what you’re what you’re basically suggesting. You can ramble on about this with someone else 🤣

Excuse me if I wanna try to make things easier for AR. Have a good day

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BeanDiasucci said:

I guess you haven't watched J.T. O'Sullivan's breaking down Anthony Richardson's game tape. That's likely where the Pittman is lazy sometimes commentary is coming from. 

No, I haven’t.  But I pay attention to what the GM, the HC, the coordinators and position coaches say. 

So I don’t find Sullivans views persuasive.  I appreciate others might disagree.  

14 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

Why don't we trade for Mac Jones who's the back-up for Jacksonville. I realized he's a pocket passer, but he's still young, accurate passer, and can run if need be. Use him as a stop gap right now, while AR can sit and watch and develop.  Just a thought.

There is a reason he lost his job with the Patriots, he just wasn’t that good.

OFFENSE:

Get Mallory or literally anyone else at TE back out there, and sit Granson on the bench. 

Get some bootlegs in there and get some plays where AR throws on the run. Dude is awesome at that. 

Run JT one way and AR the other on some designed runs. Keep the D guessing. Either way....RTDB! 

Get some more snaps under center. Tired of Colts being highest team in league out of shotgun. Give JT some steps before he gets the ball. 

More play action!!! 

Get the WR's some of those orange gloves that Reggie wore. Sleep with the ball in their hands like TY used to. Something's gotta change. 

DEFENSE: 

Get rid of the 5-10 yards off man coverage soft as a down comforter zone. This might've worked 2 decades ago, but Cotls D makes below avg QB's look All Pro consistently. 

It's the same thing every week since Gus has been here. Rush 4, don't set the edge, don't blitz and give up 18 yards when it's 3rd and 15. 

Sit Franklin until he learns how to not get washed out every play. 

• Like 1