Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

High ankle sprain for Buckner

Restinpeacesweetchloe

10 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The semi good news is that Grover will probably get more snaps since someone has to be in buckners spot.

Well Grover is typically on the field next to Buckner on 1st and 2nd downs. They usually take Grover off the field during clear passing downs. My guess is that will likely still be the case as Grover is not known for his pass rush. You will likely see more of Lewis , Dayo and Tommi.

20 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Gus praised Bryan so much today it was disgusting. He goes he can play anywhere. I laughed because he can’t.

Hard to imagine, Bryan is grading out at 45.0 in run defense and 49.0 overall. He should not have made it out of camp, and secondary depth should have taken that roster spot.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, csmopar said:

No we haven’t. We used Johnson last year anytime Buckner or Stewart was out

Yes he have and it didn’t work. Same with Tyquan Lewis and it didn’t work. So why was Johnson playing if he could? Why did we just sign 2 Defensive Tackles?
Hahahahahahahahaha

17 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We still only allowed 16 pts Sunday. It’s safe to assume the offense will get going 

I want to believe that the defense will be better, but in thinking back to last Sunday and those 16 points, you have to take into consideration that Malik Willis started at QB and Josh Jacobs negated an additional GB touchdown after a 68-yard drive by fumbling in the end zone. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We still only allowed 16 pts Sunday. It’s safe to assume the offense will get going 

They just pounded through ball and there was no need to open it up. I have every confidence in the Packers that if they threw the ball. They would have lit up the secondary and made Willis look like a hall of famer.

On 9/17/2024 at 5:01 PM, Colt Overseas said:

This it will be Davis, he is at least huge and should be able to defend the run. Then Dayo or Lewis or both in obvious passing downs. 

Davis is Grover’s backup.  So I don’t think they are going to turn to him to cover for Buckner.  More than likely it will be guys like Dayo and Lewis.  The only good news is the defense was MUCH better in the second half vs Green Bay playing largely without Buckner.  It’s not like Green Bay was in a shell either.  The game was still in doubt at that point so they will still trying to do stuff on offense and didn’t have much luck.  

One underrated thing about Buckner I think the Colts will miss is his pass rush ability and how good he is at collapsing the pocket and making the QB move off his spot.