Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 NFL Season -- Week #2 All Around the NFL game discussion

NFLfan

39 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pitt is up 13-3, they are simply better than Denver. Your favorite QB won today and beat Mayo Man, Rodgers is back Moon Walk Dance GIF

Lol. Levis impressed me at times but he makes some boneheaded plays. He will make his teams lose games that they should win.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

That's a bummer. I was hoping the Bengals would win. But the Chiefs don't look unbeatable to me.

They haven’t, most of the time. They just know how to win close games when they matter. Too eerily similar to the Tom Brady led Patriots against better teams. 

They almost lost to the Bills last year in the playoffs and Allen missed a TD AND their kicker missed a FG. Same thing vs 49ers and Eagles in the SB. Same thing happened with Burrow and Bengals in 2022 AFCCG

Call it a hunch - Ravens miss a TD with a pass break up by Patriots defender in 2011 AFCCG and Billy Cundiff misses a game tying FG to send the Patriots to the SB they lost to the Giants. Flacco and Ravens come back next year and beat the Patriots in their house.

Flash forward to 2023, same with Bills in 2023 about 12 years later and I feel they are the ones that will keep the Chiefs from the 3-peat

• Like 1

The Vikes play the Texans next week and Green Bay the week after. The Colts have played both. What do Colts fans think of them? Is Green Bay that good where they can play without their starter? I'm more afraid of the Texans. We play them in Minnesota.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

@NFLfan Congrats on the the Win the Vikings are looking good so far.

Thank you. Let's hope that continues. The defense has us optimistic. The free agents that we added (Andrew Van Ginkel, Blake Cashman, Gilmore, and others) are playing very well. I'm not a fan of adding more than one or two free agents, but they have contributed in a great way.

• Like 1

Justin Fields is 2-0 wow! steelers still have no offensive line, no receivers, no QUARTERBACK, their secondary is a sieve, defensive line is ssssslllllloooooowwwwww, but they are 2-0 playing a guy at qb whose career qbr is around 30. Sometimes  I guess you don't need talent to win in the nfl. All you Ballard dissenters need to become steeler fans and watch them slosh through a game and try to figure out how they win, I'll bet you can''t. The closest I can figure is the opponents just roll over and play dead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Two_pound said:

Justin Fields is 2-0 wow! steelers still have no offensive line, no receivers, no QUARTERBACK, their secondary is a sieve, defensive line is ssssslllllloooooowwwwww, but they are 2-0 playing a guy at qb whose career qbr is around 30. Sometimes  I guess you don't need talent to win in the nfl. All you Ballard dissenters need to become steeler fans and watch them slosh through a game and try to figure out how they win, I'll bet you can''t. The closest I can figure is the opponents just roll over and play dead.

Coaching!

Injury News:

Isaiah Pacheco -- out 6-8 weeks (fractured fibula)

Cooper Kupp -- may "miss extended time" and go on IR (ankle injury)

Puka Nacua -- out at least 4 weeks

Jermaine Johnson (Jets) out for the season

Justin Jefferson -- day to day (Quad)

Deebo Samuel to miss a couple of weeks.

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5772330/2024/09/16/deebo-samuel-49ers-calf-injury?source=user-shared-article

The Carolina Panthers are awful. I'm glad I am not a fan of theirs. They should trade Bryce Young. Both Baker Mayfield and Sam Darnold are playing better with other teams than they did in Carolina. I think if Young goes to a better system, he will do better.

• Like 1

NLFfan, the Vikings will have a challenge playing the Texans. I won't say they will lose, because anything can happen, but CJ Stroud is the real deal. The Texans have a good defense and offensive weapons. They might make mistakes or Stroud could have an off day. Minnesota and Darnold need to bring their best game. 

What's the latest on Justin Jefferson? He was injured this week. Hope it's not serious. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

NLFfan, the Vikings will have a challenge playing the Texans. I won't say they will lose, because anything can happen, but CJ Stroud is the real deal. The Texans have a good defense and offensive weapons. They might make mistakes or Stroud could have an off day. Minnesota and Darnold need to bring their best game. 

What's the latest on Justin Jefferson? He was injured this week. Hope it's not serious. 

Oh yeah, I am worried about the Texans. They have a loaded team and are well coached.

Jefferson is day to day. He said he will play on Sunday.

No score in the Falcons @ Eagles game after one quarter. Eagles had a chance for a chip shot FG but went for it on 4th Down. They missed.

Barkley is averaging about 9 yards a carry. Almost all his runs have been for at least 8 yards. One was for about 4. Eagles went away from the run and it hurt them.

11:30 in the 2nd Quarter: Atlanta is up 3-0.

1 hour ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

QB play has taken a nosedive this season... Maybe NFL should start caring about playing preseason again.

Tom Brady was right, QB play is very bad and continues to trend downwards.

Part of it is due to colleges focusing less on development and more on immediate results. No one has time to wait for these kids to figure offenses out or learn how to make reads. The offensive line crisis is also getting worse. Defensive players are getting stronger and faster year after year, but lineman are remaining mostly the same, and again aren’t really being developed. 

We almost need a minor league between college and the NFL… 

Watching field generals command the offense is dead. This is the future… 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, NFLfan said:

No score in the Falcons @ Eagles game after one quarter. Eagles had a chance for a chip shot FG but went for it on 4th Down. They missed.

Barkley is averaging about 9 yards a carry. Almost all his runs have been for at least 8 yards. One was for about 4. Eagles went away from the run and it hurt them.

11:30 in the 2nd Quarter: Atlanta is up 3-0.

Captain Kirk took Philly out with a 70 yard drive at the end The Original Series GIF by Star Trek

16 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Oh yeah, I am worried about the Texans. They have a loaded team and are well coached.

Jefferson is day to day. He said he will play on Sunday.

If you guys were able to beat the 9ers, then you’ll be able to hang with anyone in the league. Looking forward to Sunday! Didn’t realize JJ was hurt, but hope he recovers well! I DON’T hope he goes off against us like he did San Fran though 😂

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NFLfan said:

The Carolina Panthers are awful. I'm glad I am not a fan of theirs. They should trade Bryce Young. Both Baker Mayfield and Sam Darnold are playing better with other teams than they did in Carolina. I think if Young goes to a better system, he will do better.

A meddling owner is never a good ingredient when you’re trying to make a recipe for success. I saw that Bryce was benched…I doubt this will be for good, but man is whatever little confidence he has gonna take a huge hit. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Qwiz said:

A meddling owner is never a good ingredient when you’re trying to make a recipe for success. I saw that Bryce was benched…I doubt this will be for good, but man is whatever little confidence he has gonna take a huge hit. 

The head coach said on Sunday that Bryce remains the starting QB. All of a sudden that changed the day after. I believe the owner is responsible for that. I would hate being the head coach there.

Vikes fans feel bad for Adam Thielen.

2 hours ago, Qwiz said:

If you guys were able to beat the 9ers, then you’ll be able to hang with anyone in the league. Looking forward to Sunday! Didn’t realize JJ was hurt, but hope he recovers well! I DON’T hope he goes off against us like he did San Fran though 😂

Thank you. Me too. I hope it is a competitive game. JJ said he is fine. I hope Addison will play. He did not play in the 49ers game. You team has so much fire power.

How is Hunter doing?

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Thank you. Me too. I hope it is a competitive game. JJ said he is fine. I hope Addison will play. He did not play in the 49ers game. You team has so much fire power.

How is Hunter doing?

Hunter is game changing right now. He literally wrapped himself around Caleb Williams so badly on a sack that it looked like he ate him. 

• Like 2