Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training camp Aug 15th 6 pm joint practice

6 hours ago, adubb84 said:

Some cuts ups of the last practice.

Hopefully Anthony can build off this one and continue to progress. Season is getting closer!!

One thing I'm noticing, is that I think the QB coaching staff (Shane included) in encouraging Anthony to deliberately go through his reads, which appears to our eyes as him "hesitating". It's training camp so it's the right time for him to do this. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

One thing I'm noticing, is that I think the QB coaching staff (Shane included) in encouraging Anthony to deliberately go through his reads, which appears to our eyes as him "hesitating". It's training camp so it's the right time for him to do this. 

I saw that too. I think Shane wants him to get a feel for timing on a myriad of different routes and receivers. Should translate well. Only caveat is being able to process it much faster on game day. 

AR is an enigma. We’re not sure if he’s rusty or Shane is purposely holding him back a bit here and there. 

• Like 1

James Boyd brought up a very good point and I think he is right. He mentioned how Richardson does better in 11 on 11 then 7 on 7. You’re also not going to see him at his best in preseason game because they are going to keep him very limited. He is at his best when he is unleashed. When he can run and extend plays.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

James Boyd brought up a very good point and I think he is right. He mentioned how Richardson does better in 11 on 11 then 7 on 7. You’re also not going to see him at his best in preseason game because they are going to keep him very limited. He is at his best when he is unleashed. When he can run and extend plays.

Yeah, his first pre-season game felt robotic and scripted. Its crazy. Seems like his game elevates when the pressure increases and he is free to do his thing. 

I Love It Thank You GIF by Apple TV

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

And that makes sense regarding last year too.  Jags game it seemed like training wheels was on but when it was time to win he unlocked another level.  Rams game we all witnessed it and I feel he was unleashed.  Texans game, I mean dude had 2 TDs in the first quarter, unleashed.  And can’t mention the titans game because that’s when he was done.  

I remember last year during preseason people had the same sentiments and weren’t sure about AR.  Jags game everyone was 50/50.  But the rams game everyone a believer.  Now that I’m typing, I kind of remember the rams going similar to the jags game.  It seems Shane had him on a script and then would let loose once he settled in. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Very very surprised they’re not moving it inside or canceling. They moved it inside last year after it stopped raining 8 hours prior!

5 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

If it rains do they practice inside?

Historically, yes that’s been the MO but they also cancelled them fully too 

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It’s practice and only TC. Seems silly to risk injuries.

Agreed

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It’s practice and only TC. Seems silly to risk injuries.

Why do reporters think a simple pass and catch is note worthy? 

Man this defense could be like that horse meme. DL looks nice and deep well the back end is incomplete :(.

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

No point to this practice. They need to play Saturday. 

Is Shane the one green lighting this? Hoping for no injuries.

10 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

They actually play games in bad weather.

They are preparing for week 2 in Lambeau. Could rain cats and dogs with 30 mph winds. Or it could be 85 and sunny. Or it could be 60 with Tornado Warnings. 

Football was always meant to be played in the elements.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PackersNation said:

They are preparing for week 2 in Lambeau. Could rain cats and dogs with 30 mph winds. Or it could be 85 and sunny. Or it could be 60 with Tornado Warnings. 

Could be raining or snowing when they play the Giants in December .

3 minutes ago, PackersNation said:

Glad we’re facing you guys in week 2 and not weeks 8+ lol.