Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Season Ticket Holders

This is my first year being a season ticket holder.  I received a plastic horse with lights that shine, and I gotta say I'm extremely disappointed.  This thing is the cheapest thing I have ever seen.  It literally fell apart when putting in the batteries for the light.  As a business owner myself, I would never associate myself with a device with such poor quality.  Of course, I'm still a Colts fan; it was just such a disappointment.  /rant

• Like 1

I never once have had seasons tickets. I love these threads though because going to games brings back memories for me. 1st game I ever went too was in 1987 vs the Bucs. Dickerson rushed for 200 yards, and we clinched the AFC East Division. From 1988-1998, I at least went to 1 game a year. From 1999-2013, I attended at least 2 games a season, sometimes 3. I got Jim Harbaugh's autograph before the Chargers game in 1996. I also attended the 2004 Playoff game vs the Broncos which was a clinic by Peyton. Best game I ever went to was the 2009 Pats game, Sunday night = 4th and 2 game! I haven't been to a game since we smashed the Texans 25-3 in 2013, Andrew was great in that game and we won the Division. It just came to a point for me that I was tired of being uncomfortable and dealing with crowds and traffic, etc,.. I have been a recliner guy for over 10 seasons now and I love it. I have my beer and wings and a clean bathroom + all the games at my disposal via internet. 

Anyway, for you guys that have season tickets, you should get a free jersey of your choice forking out that kind of money. That would be a nice gift! What does a jersey run now days? 150? 200? I don't even know, last one I bought was Luck's back in 2013. In my Colts corner of my bedroom, I have Jim Harbaugh's autograph, I have a white Peyton Jersey, white Luck jersey, and a blue Addai jersey of all things. My SB Championship Plaque from 2006 that has all the players on it, SB Championship hat that says 2006 World Champions on it, and 2 other Colts hats that are blue. I also have a 2009 AFC Champions shirt just hanging there in my little corner.

• Like 2

On 8/8/2024 at 11:23 PM, Goatface Killah said:

You all are complaining about free things? 

Btw if you just contact your ticket rep they would probably send you another tumbler. 

“Free things” is pretty loose term whenever it’s supposed to be a perk of being a STH. The first year I did it we got some pretty cool whiskey glasses but it went down hill from there. The last thing I got before I cancelled was a cheap backpack. 

39 minutes ago, twfish said:

“Free things” is pretty loose term whenever it’s supposed to be a perk of being a STH. The first year I did it we got some pretty cool whiskey glasses but it went down hill from there. The last thing I got before I cancelled was a cheap backpack. 

They send you an email asking you to choose a "free gift".... last year I chose a mini replica of Lucas Oil Stadium. It was pretty nice. This year I chose the tumbler. Its pretty nice as well.

I didnt purchase these items. They were free. What is there to complain about? They are sending out probably 50k+ free items. Of course they are gonna be on the cheap side.

Its a very nice thing for them to do and it costs them a lot of money even if the items are cheap. Im not sure why anyone would complain about that.  

I just think its kind of rude to complain when someone gives you a gift. Even if you dont like it. 

6 hours ago, Goatface Killah said:

They send you an email asking you to choose a "free gift".... last year I chose a mini replica of Lucas Oil Stadium. It was pretty nice. This year I chose the tumbler. Its pretty nice as well.

I didnt purchase these items. They were free. What is there to complain about? They are sending out probably 50k+ free items. Of course they are gonna be on the cheap side.

Its a very nice thing for them to do and it costs them a lot of money even if the items are cheap. Im not sure why anyone would complain about that.  

I just think its kind of rude to complain when someone gives you a gift. Even if you dont like it. 

My point is that I personally wouldn't associate myself with something so cheap.  Guess we are different.

47 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

My point is that I personally wouldn't associate myself with something so cheap.  Guess we are different.

When is the last time you sent 50,000 people a gift? 

There is nothing cheap about that. None of us could even pay the shipping. 

There are millions made by the NFL teams from tickets and TV revenues. It is time for the fans to exert some influence.

I suggest a winning season rebate system for the season ticket holders. Depending on the value they should have a gradient % rebate for the season performance. Example: If your season ticket costs $1000 and that matches to a  winning season of 9-8 or better. If it is an 8-9 season then the Colts owe you a rebare of 10%.  If it is a 7-10 season than they owe you a rebate of 15%, etc... This will be a way for the fans to exercise their influence in building a winning team. It is all about putting out a winning, quality product. It's business not personal.

7 hours ago, Goatface Killah said:

When is the last time you sent 50,000 people a gift? 

There is nothing cheap about that. None of us could even pay the shipping. 

Even if you spent $10 on 50k people, that's only $500k.  I think I've seen Irsay give a fan a million.  Also, it's not free.  I didn't get "free" tickets....lol.  I bought them.

• Like 1

I never said you got free tickets. 

If you contact your ticket rep and tell them it is broken, Im sure they would send you a new one because they would also rather you receive a good item over a broken one. 

I bet if you even wanted to change your selection they would probably let you.

• Like 1

Receiving a broken plastic horse reminds me as a kid growing up with an uncle I have on my father's side. From the time I was 13 up to about 19, every year for Christmas my mom would always gift me $300, my father $100, my uncle $5 - yeah $5 and he thought he was king when I opened his card up with that in it Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV- I guess it's the thought that counts, back then with $5 I could buy a BigMac meal :banana:.

7 hours ago, Happy2BeHere said:

It’s not free…it’s built into the ridiculously high price they charge for the season tickets. 

Its just an advertising gimmick is all.

What’s ridiculous about the price if people consistently buy them by the masses? If the stadium was half empty I would say the price is probably an issue… but it isn’t and hasn’t been. 

My dad always taught me that when selling, you cannot make judgments on what someone means when they say they don’t want to spend a lot of money. You and me might have far different opinions on what that means, and it doesn’t even have to reflect our financial situations. 

“the market is what the market is.” - Chris Ballard 

8 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

What’s ridiculous about the price if people consistently buy them by the masses? If the stadium was half empty I would say the price is probably an issue… but it isn’t and hasn’t been. 

My dad always taught me that when selling, you cannot make judgments on what someone means when they say they don’t want to spend a lot of money. You and me might have far different opinions on what that means, and it doesn’t even have to reflect our financial situations. 

“the market is what the market is.” - Chris Ballard 

Like I posted above I would never buy season tickets. I used to get 4 cheap tickets every year to games like the Jags and Texans. Make a day out of it with 3 other friends, eat at St Elmo, and party all day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Like I posted above I would never buy season tickets. I used to get 4 cheap tickets every year to games like the Jags and Texans. Make a day out of it with 3 other friends, eat at St Elmo, and party all day.

Yep. And with young children, I don’t either. I have in the past, it’s just not a value to me in my current situation. I know millionaires that would never eat at St. Elmo’s. It’s just what your value on things is. But when people value them, the market is going to be higher and that is where ticket prices (for more than just football games) are going to be. Taylor Swift sold out football stadiums around the world for hundreds and even thousands of dollars. A great deal of that generation don’t have their own homes and are in large debt. Market is what is. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Yep. And with young children, I don’t either. I have in the past, it’s just not a value to me in my current situation. I know millionaires that would never eat at St. Elmo’s. It’s just what your value on things is. But when people value them, the market is going to be higher and that is where ticket prices (for more than just football games) are going to be. Taylor Swift sold out football stadiums around the world for hundreds and even thousands of dollars. A great deal of that generation don’t have their own homes and are in large debt. Market is what is. 

St Elmo's is good, pricey but good. It was just part of our day and I ate there 2 or 3 times a year. 2 or 3 times a year I splurged but regarding season tickets, just never went that route. Before going to a game I had to plan it out weeks ahead of time to get my group of friends to go.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

St Elmo's is good, pricey but good. It was just part of our day and I ate there 2 or 3 times a year. 2 or 3 times a year I splurged but regarding season tickets, just never went that route. Before going to a game I had to plan it out weeks ahead of time to get my group of friends to go.

St Elmo’s is great. And I don’t think it’s near expensive as other places of similar caliber. It’s the most consistent restaurant I’ve ever been to (more than once). 

Season tickets is a commitment and people don’t realize how long a season is until you commit to 8 games a year… they are long days, especially if you are hour (s) away from Indy. And especially if they lose. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

St Elmo’s is great. And I don’t think it’s near expensive as other places of similar caliber. It’s the most consistent restaurant I’ve ever been to (more than once). 

Season tickets is a commitment and people don’t realize how long a season is until you commit to 8 games a year… they are long days, especially if you are hour (s) away from Indy. And especially if they lose. 

St Elmo's is great, using the word good doesn't do it justice. Yeah season tickets can be a pain because there might be 2 or 3 games you can't go too because of family or just not feeling like dealing with crowds/traffic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

St Elmo's is great, using the word good doesn't do it justice. Yeah season tickets can be a pain because there might be 2 or 3 games you can't go too because of family or just not feeling like dealing with crowds/traffic.

https://www.wishtv.com/news/i-team-8/lawsuit-forces-colts-fans-to-find-new-tailgating-spots/

And then things like this happen right before the season starts. Crazy

• Like 1

On 8/10/2024 at 7:59 AM, Goatface Killah said:

I think its plain rude to give people last years Rudolph the rain deer Christmas ornaments as a free gift after spending almost 2 grand to watch this calibre of NFL action.

37 minutes ago, ImissPeyton18 said:

I think its plain rude to give people last years Rudolph the rain deer Christmas ornaments as a free gift after spending almost 2 grand to watch this calibre of NFL action.

I think worrying about a free gift for a purchase is redonkulous 

You didnt buy the tickets for a free tchotchke's 

6 hours ago, ImissPeyton18 said:

You paid for the tickets. Thats it. If you dont think the event is worth it, dont buy them. 

Why would you choose a light up horse anyways? Its obviously for kids. 

Stop complaining. It seems like all anyone does anymore is * and moan about everything. What makes you think people care? I couldnt care less if you dont think they are worth it. Plenty of other people do. 

5 hours ago, ChuggaBeer said:

I think worrying about a free gift for a purchase is redonkulous 

You didnt buy the tickets for a free tchotchke's 

These people just love to run everything down. 

Nothing is good enough for them. They are special and only deserve the very best.