Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Potential/Average/Concern

CR91

59 minutes ago, gspdx said:

Nice house in good neighborhood for 200k.  Not where I live!

I agree that many people are under paid.  And @RollerColt is a prime example.   I thought about becoming a school teacher when I retired from the military but it just didn't make finacial sense.  I really appreciate what you do.

In Indiana you can get a real nice 3 bedroom, 2 full bathrooms/showers/nice Kitchen/big living room house for 200,000 in a decent neighborhood. Where do you live NY or Cali Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV, in one of the those states I guess it would be about 600,000 to afford anything like I talked about. I could never live in either of those states. If someone in NY moved here, they would be rich. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

In Indiana you can get a real nice 3 bedroom, 2 full bathrooms/showers/nice Kitchen/big living room house for 200,000 in a decent neighborhood. Where do you live NY or Cali Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV, in one of the those states I guess it would be about 600,000 to afford anything like I talked about. I could never live in either of those states. If someone in NY moved here, they would be rich. 

I live in Spokane Washington,  25 miles from the Idaho border. 

• Like 2

Just now, lester said:

Spokane is a really, really nice city. Its in the wrong state. :)

Well,  Washington is actually a pretty awesome state.  It really has it all.  I know people have issues with politics,  but if you are into hiking,  hunting,  camping,  fishing, skiing (water and snow) and many other outdoor activities,  this place has it all.  Plus in two hours I can be in NW Montana.  And I chose Spokane to live because homes are more expensive in the parts of Montana where my wife would live (gotta have an airport).

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, gspdx said:

Well,  Washington is actually a pretty awesome state.  It really has it all.  I know people have issues with politics,  but if you are into hiking,  hunting,  camping,  fishing, skiing (water and snow) and many other outdoor activities,  this place has it all.  Plus in two hours I can be in NW Montana.  And I chose Spokane to live because homes are more expensive in the parts of Montana where my wife would live (gotta have an airport).

Im on the kther side of the state, but I reside over in Sumner/ Lake Tapps area. This state, and the Pacific North West in general, is very beautiful. A good view of Mt Ranier can make most bad days good.

Its $600K minimum for a decent starter home around here. Anything less needs major work, or it is in a not desirable area. The not desirable area ones are still $500K.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, KB said:

Im on the kther side of the state, but I reside over in Sumner/ Lake Tapps area. This state, and the Pacific North West in general, is very beautiful. A good view of Mt Ranier can make most bad days good.

Its $600K minimum for a decent starter home around here. Anything less needs major work, or it is in a not desirable area. The not desirable area ones are still $500K.

I hear ya!  When we lived in Oregon we still spent quite a bit of time in the Olympic Peninsula and the North Cascades.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RollerColt said:

They make a heck of a lot more money than I do. Even those on the practice squad are making life changing money. 

To be completely honest, as an educator I feel more like trash nowadays. One of those moments where I feel like I’m failing as a man, a husband, a father and a teacher. I would absolutely never consider an honest working NFL player as trash. 

Dude what you do is far more important than any athlete.   Teachers are woefully underpaid.  You sir, are not trash.  Without you and other educators, we're all in trouble 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, CoachLite said:

Well they replaced Strausser with Sparano which solved a problem.

Yes.  Changed a year ago, so that issue was solved.   

FWIW:  while it was time for Strausser to go, he quickly got hired by Houston and did a very nice job for the Texans.  Strausser wasn’t a bad coach, but he was no longer the right coach.   That happens. 

• Like 1

FWIW:  over on Stampede is a quick story saying PFF has ranked the Colts OL as the 3rd best OL in the NFL.   3rd best.  Including calling our tackles the best duo in the NFL.  

This unit is average?   Sorry, not even a little.    

You can check either Stampede or PFF for verification.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

FWIW:  over on Stampede is a quick story saying PFF has ranked the Colts OL as the 3rd best OL in the NFL.   3rd best.  Including calling our tackles the best duo in the NFL.  

I think as fans of this team we’ve been spoiled.  Also a little bit of high expectations.  With the amount of money that has been put into the line, we expect them to get pancakes every play, and that’s not possible.  Also, with Nelson getting paid what he’s paid, we expect him to be the next coming of Larry Allen, which is a tall order.  Now I do agree, nelson atp is overpaid, but not egregiously.  But that’s the nature of the business and I wouldn’t want another guard.  

we really do have a good line with some solid depth.  And hopefully with a qb that will keep defenses on honest with his arm, legs, and threat of the RPO…this line can shine even more.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, shasta519 said:

Interestingly, the TE target volume share with AR (32%) was significantly higher than with Minshew (19%). Though it's hard to make much of an 84-pass sample. 

I think that’s due to the training wheels being put on AR vs Minshew who’s a vet and familiar with Shane.

i don’t have the exact frame of time, but it definitely was a 2-4 week stretch where the tight ends had more yards than our receiving room combined.  So if minshew wasn’t utilizing them as much and they still were at one point out-producing our receiving group, then that should show others how desperately this offense needed some explosion. 

and luckily, we’ll be adding AR back into the mix, a full offseason JT, and an AD with a chip on his shoulder.

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

You really need to let this go. I get it. Our opinions differ. Get over it

11 hours ago, KB said:

My mom and step-dad have a house in the 3rd best neighborhood ranked in Indiana. It's got 4 huge bedrooms, an upstairs, full basement, the kitchen and living room are huge, 4 full bathrooms/showers, 3 car garage, but the yard is little. Thier house as of now is only going for 600,000-625,000. You could live like a king here, because thier house looks like a house that a celebrity would live in, in a great neighborhood. high roller laughing GIF

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

My mom and step-dad have a house in the 3rd best neighborhood ranked in Indiana. It's got 4 huge bedrooms, an upstairs, full basement, the kitchen and living room are huge, 4 full bathrooms/showers, 3 car garage, but the yard is little. Thier house as of now is only going for 600,000-625,000. You could live like a king here, because thier house looks like a house that a celebrity would live in, in a great neighborhood. high roller laughing GIF

Here for the cheap cost of half a million you can have 1200 sqft, 1 bd, 1 bth in a home owners association lol. I wish that was an over exaggerating lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KB said:

Here for the cheap cost of half a million you can have 1200 sqft, 1 bd, 1 bth in a home owners association lol. I wish that was an over exaggerating lol.

I just talked to my mom, their house is 4200 SQ feet and I forgot to mention it is even all brick. She just told me they probably could get 650,000 for it but that would be pushing it. A house like theirs would be worth 2.5 million in NY she told me Season 4 Laughing GIF by The Simpsons

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just talked to my mom, their house is 4200 SQ feet and I forgot to mention it is even all brick. She just told me they probably could get 650,000 for it but that would be pushing it. A house like theirs would be worth 2.5 million in NY she told me Season 4 Laughing GIF by The Simpsons

That's awesome for your mom and step-dad. It would probably sell for something similar around here.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KB said:

That's awesome for your mom and step-dad. It would probably sell for something similar around here.

Yeah, I got my house in a decent neighborhood years ago for only 179,000, I could probably get 220,000 for it now and it is a 3-bedroom, brick, 2 full bathrooms/showers, nice kitchen and living room. No basement or garage though and a small yard but I live by myself. My neighbors are great, we look out for one another. That is why what @gspdxposted blew me away. 

• Like 3

Potential

QB/ WR

Average

OL DL

Concern

TE LB CB S

The biggest concern for me is the defense by far. Our CBs and safety’s struggled last year. We are basically running it back with the same group while other AFC South teams got some nice offensive weapons…

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah, I got my house in a decent neighborhood years ago for only 179,000, I could probably get 220,000 for it now and it is a 3-bedroom, brick, 2 full bathrooms/showers, nice kitchen and living room. No basement or garage though and a small yard but I live by myself. My neighbors are great, we look out for one another. That is why what @gspdxposted blew me away. 

It is crazy.  Pretty much everywhere out west.  Glad that all worked out for you:thmup:

• Like 1

On 7/1/2024 at 1:58 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

200k is a bit on the low side for all that you said.  Depending on the area of course, but in the better parts of indy you'd have to get kinda lucky to find one at that price. :P

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jason_ said:

200k is a bit on the low side for all that you said.  Depending on the area of course, but in the better parts of indy you'd have to get kinda lucky to find one at that price. :P

I had to fix up my house but that is what I have. The neighborhood isn't the greatest but it's not bad either. On a scale of 1-10, 1 being the worse, my neighborhood is a 6 at worse, i would even say a 7. There isn't like shootings in my area or hardly in crime. Now about 10 - 15 miles east of me, that is a different story lol. 

On 6/30/2024 at 9:47 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Ballard has publicly talked about how promising he thinks his TE room might be.  
Woods, Granson, Ogletree, Mallory and MAC.    Only MAC is questionable and that’s because the salary hasn’t matched expectations.  But the first four?   All are promising.   They’re just young and looking for opportunity.  But they are NOT trash. 

They aren't THAT young. Mallory is the junior member of the room and heading into only his second year...at age 25. The other TEs are playing their age 26 seasons (other than MAC).

Unproven players at that age are often fighting for roster spots on NFL teams. So having a room full of those type of players makes it questionable imo.

Hopefully someone steps up into that TE1a or TE1b role. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I had to fix up my house but that is what I have. The neighborhood isn't the greatest but it's not bad either. On a scale of 1-10, 1 being the worse, my neighborhood is a 6 at worse, i would even say a 7. There isn't like shootings in my area or hardly in crime. Now about 10 - 15 miles east of me, that is a different story lol. 

Just curios, what general are you at?  I'm in the middle of a home search right now

4 hours ago, shasta519 said:

They aren't THAT young. Mallory is the junior member of the room and heading into only his second year...at age 25. The other TEs are playing their age 26 seasons (other than MAC).

Unproven players at that age are often fighting for roster spots on NFL teams. So having a room full of those type of players makes it questionable imo.

Hopefully someone steps up into that TE1a or TE1b role. 

Im not talking about their actual age.  Im talking about their actual playing experience and the lack of it.  

Mallory drafted in 23

Woods and Ogletree drafted in 22

Granson drafted in 21

That’s a young tight end room.  Clearly Ballard didn’t care about their actual age, he went ahead and drafted them.  If he’s not concerned, then neither am I. 

Liatu is older.  So is Raimann.  Ballard didn’t care.   So I won’t.  

Hope that clarifies my viewpoint.