Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: 2024 Schedule drops May 15. Update ***Schedule posted on page 5***

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’m still at the same 9-8 prediction.  I don’t pretend to know which games we will win or lose, but 9-8 feels about right. 

The Colts have a better team.  

But they playing a harder schedule against better quarterbacks than last year.   The entire AFC South appears better. 

Richardson has a re-do on his rookie year.  But it appears the Colts have had a very effective plan for working with AR from the time he was hurt right up until today.   That will help.  But AR will still make rookie mistakes.   Those are inevitable.  

So for every plus, there would appear to be a minus.  For me, that adds up to 9-8.  I don’t know if that will get us to the playoffs, but I hope so. 

I created a thread asking how many wins the Colts will have. It's early but with Free Agency close to being over, Draft over, and the schedule being out, I figured I would just ask for fun. I am going 11 because our last 5 games are all very winnable. 10 will probably be the popular pick is my guess. You should vote 9, it's all in fun anyway. :thmup:. 9 is still a good choice and a safe one because we still don't know if AR can stay healthy.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I created a thread asking how many wins the Colts will have. It's early but with Free Agency close to being over, Draft over, and the schedule being out, I figured I would just ask for fun. I am going 11 because our last 5 games are very all winnable. 10 will probably be the popular pick is my guess. You should vote 9, it's all in fun anyway. :thmup:. 9 is still a good choice and a safe one because we still don't know if AR can stay healthy.

I think winning more than 9 is possible, it’s not unreasonable,  but I’m just not sure it’s likely.   But I promise I’d much rather be wrong and the Colts win 10 or more than be right and win 9.

And because I believe in Steichen and his staff and I’m a believer in AR,  I’m really looking forward to the 2024 season. 

• Like 2

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

I think winning more than 9 is possible, it’s not unreasonable,  but I’m just not sure it’s likely.   But I promise I’d much rather be wrong and the Colts win 10 or more than be right and win 9.

And because I believe in Steichen and his staff and I’m a believer in AR,  I’m really looking forward to the 2024 season. 

I think if we stay relatively healthy, especially AR, 9 is the floor, 11 is the ceiling. I can see only winning 9 if we don't win the close games. There are always 2 or 3 real close games that can go either way that can sway a record 2 games or so.

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think if we stay relatively healthy, especially AR, 9 is the floor, 11 is the ceiling. I can see only winning 9 if we don't win the close games. There are always 2 or 3 real close games that can go either way that can sway a record 2 games or so.

The thing is….  Since AR has almost zero experience, I can see him having a very good game.   But at the end, the Colts are down by 4 and need a TD to win.   And he’ll get picked off because he didn’t see the safety or the linebacker.  The Colts will come up short.  Those are the kind of losses I expect AR to have.  A good game, but his last throw loses the game.  

Just the nature of what all young quarterbacks go thru….  Including guys like Peyton and Elway who struggled at the start and both of them were far more experienced than AR.   So I expect growing pains.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The thing is….  Since AR has almost zero experience, I can see him having a very good game.   But at the end, the Colts are down by 4 and need a TD to win.   And he’ll get picked off because he didn’t see the safety or the linebacker.  The Colts will come up short.  Those are the kind of losses I expect AR to have.  A good game, but his last throw loses the game.  

Just the nature of what all young quarterbacks go thru….  Including guys like Peyton and Elway who struggled at the start and both of them were far more experienced than AR.   So I expect growing pains.  

Yeah, that could very well happen. History tends to say so. 

13 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Did AR look like a guy who makes bad decisions? Something I was kind of shocked by was how good his decision making was. Sure he might have some rookie struggles since he didn’t play much. But I don’t think that’s a given. He might not. We just have to see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Did AR look like a guy who makes bad decisions? Something I was kind of shocked by was how good his decision making was. Sure he might have some rookie struggles since he didn’t play much. But I don’t think that’s a given. He might not. We just have to see.

The kid only had about 200 snaps +/-. Who knows what he might do once he gets some real playing time?  And once he gets more playing time,  opposing teams will have more tape on him.  They will show AR things he’s never seen before.   It happens to all young quarterbacks.  

Please remember, I’m a huge AR fan.  I love the kid.  But there’s no shortcut for experience.  So I expect there will be a learning curve for him as there is for all young quarterbacks. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The kid only had about 200 snaps +/-. Who knows what he might do once he gets some real playing time?  And once he gets more playing time,  opposing teams will have more tape on him.  They will show AR things he’s never seen before.   It happens to all young quarterbacks.  

Please remember, I’m a huge AR fan.  I love the kid.  But there’s no shortcut for experience.  So I expect there will be a learning curve for him as there is for all young quarterbacks. 

3 more years right,??? ( Again) 

Lol

With me I have always been more of an optimist about my sports teams. I am not the type that says they are going to win the Championship if I think there are several teams better than them, but If I know we have a good team and can compete, I usually think we will have a winning a season. History does show most rookie QBs do struggle or 2nd year QBs do, that didn't play much in year 1. Having said that, even though a small sample size, I seen a lot of great things out of AR last season that tells me he is ready. Houston had no answer for him every time he would take off and run, another example was the Rams game. His poise and that come back he had showed me he is a good passer under pressure as well. He also was controlling the Titans game before his injury. 

If you want to be great, the entire team shows up for every opportunity to Set the Pace. We paid a ton of dollars to JT, to create a 2 headed monster, you need to be present with AR who Appears to be working his tail off. Again, we are only received  photos of the offseason OTA’s to form this speculation 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

If you want to be great, the entire team shows up for every opportunity to Set the Pace. We paid a ton of dollars to JT, to create a 2 headed monster, you need to be present with AR who Appears to be working his tail off. Again, we are only received  photos of the offseason OTA’s to form this speculation 

I think only Rookie camp is going on, so JT won't be there yet along with every other veteran player. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Let’s go Colts fans!!! Where is JT! Is the camera person just not taking pics of our franchise player??? Or did he have other plans. Is there a wedding or family event? 

Most likely, JT is off camera.  And if he’s not there, it’s with permission.  Nothing to worry about…. 

11 hours ago, tweezy32 said:

Weak sauce, but remember, we are the Colts and lost to the Falcons last year when they were weak sauce! I expect to lose to a team like that this year.

And best the ravens. Besides a couple great teams and a couple terrible ones, there's always surprises 

1 minute ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

@RollerColt

Yes, Cincy has a great opportunity to start fast, and quite frankly they need to. October will be where they make a statement for the division: Ravens twice and the Eagles in between. They should be able to take care of the Steelers later in the season. Browns on the other hand oddly just have Burrow's number. I expect a split on that series but wouldn't be shocked if the Browns sweep. End of the schedule looks pretty easy as well: Titans, Browns, Broncos, Steelers. Pretty much every game is winnable. 

If Burrow and the Bengals want to return to the Super Bowl, this year is the year to do it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Yes, Cincy has a great opportunity to start fast, and quite frankly they need to. October will be where they make a statement for the division: Ravens twice and the Eagles in between. They should be able to take care of the Steelers later in the season. Browns on the other hand oddly just have Burrow's number. I expect a split on that series but wouldn't be shocked if the Browns sweep. End of the schedule looks pretty easy as well: Titans, Browns, Broncos, Steelers. Pretty much every game is winnable. 

If Burrow and the Bengals want to return to the Super Bowl, this year is the year to do it. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Yeah, let's hope this opportunity does not go waste. 

15 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Yeah, let's hope this opportunity does not go waste. 

I will say that last tweet you posted is the definition of Burrow's career. Bengals much like Indy always start out slow and in a 0-1 or 0-2 hole to dig out of. 

Be nice if both teams change that narrative this year!

5 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I will say that last tweet you posted is the definition of Burrow's career. Bengals much like Indy always start out slow and in a 0-1 or 0-2 hole to dig out of. 

Be nice if both teams change that narrative this year!

There have been genuinely injury timeouts in most of those years, but they've gotta break out of that habit going forward. 

• Like 1