Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chris Ballard on Pat McAfee Show about the draft

stitches

5 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Probably won’t but I could see two years for Simmons. Not sure diggs has enough left in the tank for two years.  Colts will need to find a younger long term replacement at FS

Simmons is someone the NFL and every referee unit continues to have their eye on during every play. The moment he does a big hit (he usually doesn't care about how and where he hits), the league is gonna serve him a 4 game ban. He would spend most of the year suspended, unless he plays by rules which he doesn't seem to want. 

Do you think Ballard gets that type of player, with year long availability in question? There's a reason he's available in FA, not because he's waiting, but because only the teams that are okay with his style of play and its consequences will get him before the start of the season. Not sure Colts is that team. 

Kinda wish we would've been more patient with Hooker.

I have faith we will find somebody to fill the free safety spot for next year. 

I think the youngens we have playing corner are pretty good, but need to be allowed to play tighter coverage.

need somebody who can play centerfield and still tackle well

22 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Simmons is someone the NFL and every referee unit continues to have their eye on during every play. The moment he does a big hit (he usually doesn't care about how and where he hits), the league is gonna serve him a 4 game ban. He would spend most of the year suspended, unless he plays by rules which he doesn't seem to want. 

Do you think Ballard gets that type of player, with year long availability in question? There's a reason he's available in FA, not because he's waiting, but because only the teams that are okay with his style of play and its consequences will get him before the start of the season. Not sure Colts is that team. 

FWIW:   I just googled “Justin Simmons, suspensions”.  And from multiple articles I haven’t found that Simmons has been suspended at all.  

But his fellow safety, Kareem Jackson,  has been suspended twice totaling roughly $800k.    All Simmons has done is publicly defend Jackson.   I don’t see why refs would watch Simmons any more closely than any other Safety.   He’s not signed because he’s waiting for the right team to offer the right amount. 

• Like 3

On 5/7/2024 at 8:58 PM, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I don't know.   I live near Denver and they are my second team.  Simmons is a good safety and I don't think he's known to play dirty, if that is what you are alluding to.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if Cross is fast?  I know we traded up to get him so I imagine his RAS score was high and he was a younger than usual draft pick.  I think they are hoping this is the year he shows a big jump at FS.  Hopefully he’s fast.  That said I don’t think they can wait too long before signing a veteran.  This team is ready for a run.  Imo FS is the Achilles heel right now.  So what they do there is a very important decision in my opinion.

13 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Does anyone know if Cross is fast?  I know we traded up to get him so I imagine his RAS score was high and he was a younger than usual draft pick.  I think they are hoping this is the year he shows a big jump at FS.  Hopefully he’s fast.  That said I don’t think they can wait too long before signing a veteran.  This team is ready for a run.  Imo FS is the Achilles heel right now.  So what they do there is a very important decision in my opinion.

He was the fastest safety in his draft class