Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wentz signs with KC to backup Mahomes

21 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He will still be ringless because they won't 3-peat and I will put money on it. Nobody has ever won 3 straight SB's, they have a great team, but it isn't happening. 

He actually did get a ring as a backup with Philly ON IR after Foles took over, my bad haha 

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He will still be ringless because they won't 3-peat and I will put money on it. Nobody has ever won 3 straight SB's, they have a great team, but it isn't happening. 

You seem certain that KC won't repeat a third Super Bowl. Are you "4 imprint certain"? Sorry, I keep seeing those commercials and couldn't resist. 😀

BTW, it will be difficult for them to repeat, but not impossible. I wouldn't put money on them to win again, though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

i think most would put money on it but they could do it and will be in the hunt.  

They were the favorite to start the 2022 season and won.

They were the favorite to start the 2023 season and won.

Not sure they will be the favorite to start the 2024 season but they might be.  

9 hours ago, teganslaw said:

You seem certain that KC won't repeat a third Super Bowl. Are you "4 imprint certain"? Sorry, I keep seeing those commercials and couldn't resist. 😀

BTW, it will be difficult for them to repeat, but not impossible. I wouldn't put money on them to win again, though.

Not saying there is a 0% chance, they do have Mahomes but no team has ever won 3 SBs in row. Pats never even did it, Cowboys of the 90s didn't either. In football, injuries, parity - are key, and luck of the ball bouncing your way 3 years in a row in the playoffs just never happens. Bills even had them beat but missed a FG, 49ers gave away that SB. You not only have to be great but lucky just to repeat. I think the Ravens are still on par with the Chiefs and if Burrow is healthy, watch out for Cincy.

24 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

We can only guess at this time on what will happen  BUT why would the networks & advertisers be against the chiefs 3 peating? :thinking:

They wouldn't.   They bring great ratings 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Open Roster spots - 12(from my roster lock post)       Positional Battle QB3:(1 open spot) Ehlinger Slovis  Bean -------------------------------------------- Positional Battle RB3:(1 open spot) Sermon  Goodson Pennix  Scott Vet FA?   Possible FA Additions: Akers Elliott  Cook Hunt Penny -------------------------------------------------------------------- Roster Battle WR6:(might not keep 6?) Dulin(favorite if we keep 6) Montgomery  Winfree White Cleveland  Fernea Bynum ---------------------------------------- Roster Battle TE4:(1 open spot) Alie-Cox  Granson Murray Tomlinson  ------------------------------------------------ Positional Battle OL9/10:(1-2 open spots) Witt Sills Hambright  Kidd Tucker Pinter French  Anderson  --------------------------------------------------- Positional Battle DL9/10:(1-2 open spots) Leo Land Avery Adebawore  Bryan  Laulu  Johnson  Coe  ---------------------------------------- Position Battle LB5/6:(1-2 open spots) Stuard McGrone Olubi Anderson  Ajiake Young  -------------------------------------------- Position Battles CB4:(1 open spot) Speed Baker Jr Abraham  Vet FA?   Position Battles NB2:(1 open spot) Lammons Abraham    Possible FA Additions: Nelson  Gilmore Witherspoon  Howard Adoree Jackson JC Jackson  Levi Wallace ----------------------------------------------- Position Battle FS1/2:(2 open spots) Thomas Scott Simpson  Vet FA?   Position Battle S4:(included with players above) Denbow   Possible FA Additions: Simmons  Diggs  Eddie Jackson  Hyde         What's your 12?   Here is list of my locks.   I'll make my list in a little bit. Think it will play out something like this. Positional groups #"s.   QB3 - 1 RB3 - 1 WR6 - 1 TE4 - 1 OL9/10 - 1 DL9/10 - 1 LB5/6 - 1 CB4 - 1 NB2 - 1 S3/4 - 2   That leaves 1 roster spot for and 2nd OL,DL,LB, only one positional group.  
    • Mitchell is going to need watching after by grown-ups. He had a low level response to where he was drafted. And Ballard passing on him tells me AD has issues and they are known in the community.   I believe he will have great support from teammates and coaches so hopefully his friends and family help him do things right.  Watching his moves taking guys deep looks very mature and Exciting. Oh ya!
    • That wasn't exactly my point.  I think if he was targeting AM, he would have simply picked him at 46.    IMO, he traded down because CAR offered and he wasn't stuck on any one player on his board, not because it was a strategy to get AM plus another pick, which is what I think you are saying.  When he says that "nobody knows how this stuff plays out", I don't think he is saying "I knew how it was going to play out from pick 46 to 52, and I knew nobody was going to snipe us for AM, so I wanted to get another pick too."     I think he saw AM was clearly the highest BPA on his board when they were on the clock....maybe a few picks ahead like around the time pick 50 was on the clock.   I think if he was flat out targeting AM around the time, say, when pick 43 was on the clock, he would have just picked him at 46, and not gambled if he really wanted AM then.   That's how I interpret his quote.    
    • I think it's more about the D-Coordinator and the individual player. Leonard was great because of speed and coverage skills. He fit into that defense. If you saw another of him, you'd hopefully want him. The league is tilted more and more toward passing. You have 3-4 linemen and everyone else has to cover to some extent. Sideline to sideline LB's who can cover are still valuable, but it's a less rare skill set than a cover corner or a pass rusher. 
  • Members

• IndyD4U

IndyD4U 1,434

• C_Lew

C_Lew 176

• MFT5

MFT5 325

• chad72

chad72 18,294

• NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan 21,251

• Kyle