Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offseason discussion / Ballard Grievances (merge)

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Try being a Bengals fan as well… Some people on here act as if the Colts are their identity, and if the team sucks it means they also suck. 

Or a Lions fan.  I know that both the bengals and Lions have had success in the very recent past but they were the poster boys for losing for a looooooong time in the NFL.  

18 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I don’t want to trade for a WR. We can get that in the draft. I like our offense. But this secondary is trash.

agreed.  We tried going after sneed, failed.  But I’m ok with why it didn’t happen.  I didn’t like how long we stayed in negotiations.  We do need to grab a FS and a vet CB.  Also need a DE. 

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Every person ads  value to this forum

like this?

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Ballard is the almost GM. Well I tried GM.

Value is a funny thing… Beauty in the eye of the beholder, I guess. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

That is pretty rude. Every person ads  value to this forum.. 

Sorry, but no, not everyone adds value to the forum.

Everyone can have differing opinions.

of course they can.  it's how they express those opinions that potentially gets someone labelled as a "hater".

You must value yourself highly if you think your opinion is the only one that is right

show me anywhere I said that my opinion is the only one that is right?  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

agreed.  We tried going after sneed, failed.  But I’m ok with why it didn’t happen.  I didn’t like how long we stayed in negotiations.  We do need to grab a FS and a vet CB.  Also need a DE. 

to be fair, we don't know how long the Colts stayed in negotiations.

• Like 1

Its not as simple as Ballard just being gone. He will leave a mess behind that we will have to clean up (3 years) and we better hope he doesn't ruin AR's progression in the process and waste the prime of JT because that's where this is heading. Expecting the Colts to compete with teams that are more talented and not winning is going to hurt the head coach too. Get ready to hear another "we were young" excuse after next season. The excuses people make for Ballard after 8 years of mediocrity is amazing. I'm convinced Ballard could trade AR for a 6th round pick and people would be on here justifying it and how Ballard knows more than us. Remember, Ballard has proven nothing before getting this job, NOTHING!!!! People act like he had a track record like Polian so we should give him the benefit of the doubt. The Colts have pretty much become irrelevant in the NFL now and that's sad considering how hard it was for them to become relevant again through the Manning and Luck years.

• Like 2

Just now, DavePSL said:

Its not as simple as Ballard just being gone. He will leave a mess behind that we will have to clean up (3 years) and we better hope he doesn't ruin AR's progression in the process and waste the prime of JT because that's where this is heading. Expecting the Colts to compete with teams that are more talented and not winning is going to hurt the head coach too. Get ready to hear another "we were young" excuse after next season. The excuses people make for Ballard after 8 years of mediocrity is amazing. I'm convinced Ballard could trade AR for a 6th round pick and people would be on here justifying it and how Ballard knows more than us. Remember, Ballard has proven nothing before getting this job, NOTHING!!!! People act like he had a track record like Polian so we should give him the benefit of the doubt. The Colts have pretty much become irrelevant in the NFL now and that's sad considering how hard it was for them to become relevant again through the Manning and Luck years.

It’s almost like having a franchise QB is the key to winning in the NFL and that’s something the Colts haven’t had since Luck until maybe Richardson…

• Thanks 3

I think the Texans and the Colts are two teams that are in two different places.

The Texans won the division last season and are trying to make a splash in FA and compete with the big boys - KC, Buffalo, Bengals and Ravens. They are no longer content with just winning the division. 

The Colts on the other hand are just trying to win the division taking a step forward from last season.

Maybe this is why Ballard is being conservative. Because coming in 2nd place in the division could be a step up and meet Irsays approval giving Ballard another year

Ballard isn't stupid and this could be his goal

4 minutes ago, Jason_ said:

to be fair, we don't know how long the Colts stayed in negotiations.

I actually think we do, and it was a lot shorter than the amount of time people spent talking about it...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PRnum1 said:

I think the Texans and the Colts are two teams that are in two different places.

The Texans won the division last season and are trying to make a splash in FA and compete with the big boys - KC, Buffalo, Bengals and Ravens. They are no longer content with just winning the division. 

The Colts on the other hand are just trying to win the division taking a step forward from last season.

Maybe this is why Ballard is being conservative. Because coming in 2nd place in the division could be a step up and meet Irsays approval giving Ballard another year

The Colts are still trying to find out if Richardson is the guy and can stay healthy.  The Texans know Stroud is the guy.  That’s a huge difference and if you think about it explains both teams approaches to this off-season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

have you ever read 1984? The ministry of truth is strong on this forum… I can’t even type the word to indicate what happens when things disappear (just like I expect this post to vanish into thin air in a few moments) because it is, well, again- can’t use the word… 

God forbid the U.S. turns to policing speech like it is on this forum… 

LOL

God forbid the company that owns this forum be able to set up the terms of service that they want and appoint people to enforce those terms.  This isn't exactly something new.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Superman said:

I actually think we do, and it was a lot shorter than the amount of time people spent talking about it...

Yeah maybe I am wrong but I believe the reports that pretty much said the Colts called the Chiefs to see what it would cost to get Sneed and then found Sneed’s asking price and moved on.  

3 minutes ago, DavePSL said:

Pop Corn GIF by WWE

tell us more about the “mess” he’s going to leave us in?

I'm sure we have a really good idea, but to be fair we don't truly know and never will unless Ballard comes out and tells us.  

I'm in IT.  I don't like dealing in absolutes and never will unless I am 100% sure I am right. lol :) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

I agree with the first sentence, but not necessarily the rest.  The Texans saw enough of Stroud to know he can be a franchise QB.  The Colts haven't actually seen that yet from Richardson due to injuries.  That's the difference between the 2.  I don't think it has anything to do with contentment about a division win.

Ballard isn't stupid and this could be his goal

This approach is not winning colts the division.  If your not in it to win the division then step aside and let someone else run the team.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jason_ said:

LOL

God forbid the company that owns this forum be able to set up the terms of service that they want and appoint people to enforce those terms.  This isn't exactly something new.  

I never said they don’t have the right to do so. Just question why they feel the need to. Have you ever been on some of the other teams forums? LOL! My word… Feels like you should have to verify your age to participate. I’ve watched harmless posts disappear, when others stay up that certainly would fall under prohibited posting under the terms of service. That’s all… hypocrisy. You know, sort of like those that complained about Houston trading for Diggs when they not long ago said absolutely not to the idea of the Colts trading for him. 

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

The Colts are still trying to find out if Richardson is the guy and can stay healthy.  The Texans know Stroud is the guy.  That’s a huge difference and if you think about it explains both teams approaches to this off-season.

This is a chicken or the egg argument. 

Maybe AR would be the guy if Ballard gave him weapons like Diggs or Calvin Ridley and Hopkins ?

Let's not forget that Hurts did not take off until he had AJ Brown and Davonta Smith.

To withhold weapons until AR PROVES he's the guy is a recipe for failure for our young QB

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DavePSL said:

This is true. Not to mention will the new GM WANT RICHARDSON or want to keep Steichen.  

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This is true. Not to mention will the new GM WANT RICHARDSON or want to keep Steichen.  

did Ballard have the choice of hiring his own Head coach when he took this job? Did he really want Carson Wentz? 

just curious 

• Like 1

Just now, PRnum1 said:

Maybe AR would be the guy if Ballard gave him weapons like Diggs or Calvin Ridley and Hopkins ?

Let's not forget that Hurts did not take off until he had AJ Brown and Davonta Smith.

To withhold weapons until AR PROVES he's the guy is a recipe for failure for our young QB

Except the biggest reason they don’t know about Richardson is they haven’t seen enough of him because he got hurt not because he didn’t have enough weapons.  The Colts need to see him do it longer and stay healthy before they go “all in”.  

It is. But tell you the truth I am not worried about the offense. What I don’t want is him having to play Superman. That’s a recipe for injury again. If he feels colts can’t stop anyone the chances are he will take more risks.

Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

did Ballard have the choice of hiring his own Head coach when he took this job? Did he really want Carson Wentz? 

just curious 

Ballard had his choice yes. You forget he bailed. Irsay and Polian bailed him out helping them get Reich.

22 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

That is pretty rude. Every person ads  value to this forum. Everyone can have differing opinions. You must value yourself highly if you think your opinion is the only one that is right. 

No one acts like that. This is a forum where we can all share out opinions. Doesn’t mean we don’t have an identity or have other interests.

So you consider that rude, but then you go and call the staff dumb. Do you not see the irony?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Except the biggest reason they don’t know about Richardson is they haven’t seen enough of him because he got hurt not because he didn’t have enough weapons.  The Colts need to see him do it longer and stay healthy before they go “all in”.  

How many more evaluation years are we going to have to wait. We have had enough of let’s wait and see.

• Like 1

Ballard had his choice yes. You forget he bailed. Irsay and Polian bailed him out helping them get Reich.

I’m not referring to McDaniels Chloe. I’m referring to the head coach that he inherited his first year here. 

• Like 1

How many more evaluation years are we going to have to wait. We have had enough of let’s wait and see.

One evaluation year would be nice.

I expect the Colts to add a good WR prospect in the draft. That's been my stance since the end of the last season, and continues to be my expectation. If the draft ends and we look the same at WR, my tone on Ballard and Co. will shift. I do not think the Colts are withholding weapons from Richardson. Apparently, I think more highly of the Colts offensive skill players than most people. And I still think they need to add a WR.

I was not interested in Diggs or Ridley, so their signings don't move the needle for me. 

Also, I think it can be risky to add a mercurial WR to a room with a young QB and an emerging core. I'm sure the Texans have thought it through, but the Diggs trade could go either way.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I'm afraid you don't quite understand. 

If he has weapons that can get open he will just throw to them.

If he has WRs that can't get open that will lead to more running which will greatly increase the probability of injury.

Once again it is the chicken or the egg argument 

I expect the Colts to add a good WR prospect in the draft. That's been my stance since the end of the last season, and continues to be my expectation. If the draft ends and we look the same at WR, my tone on Ballard and Co. will shift. I do not think the Colts are withholding weapons from Richardson. Apparently, I think more highly of the Colts offensive skill players than most people. And I still think they need to add a WR.

I was not interested in Diggs or Ridley, so their signings don't move the needle for me. 

Also, I think it can be risky to add a mercurial WR to a room with a young QB and an emerging core. I'm sure the Texans have thought it through, but the Diggs trade could go either way.

how deep do you think the class is to get a quality receiver added? 2nd or 3rd round reasonable? 

If he has WRs that can't get open that will lead to more running which will greatly increase the probability of injury.

To be fair here the WR are going to end up more open with Taylor and AR in the back field. Thdy can’t stack the box with the running threat and AR arm. Thdy can add a good WR in the draft who can contribute right away. Hopefully it’s in the first because colts need more premium talent on this roster.  We can get a good WR at 46 but I don’t think we will be able to get the elite one we will be able to get at 15.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This team hasn’t won crap with Ballard. I think it’s sad other fans want to mock other fans who are tired of mediocrity.  Imagine if you didn’t strive  to be better at your job. Results show they have not been great.

you said it all

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

I wasn’t talking about the WRs at all, my point is the Colts don’t know about Richardson because they haven’t seen enough of him because he was hurt.  So they need to see more of him in general to know if he’s truly a franchise QB and not just a guy who had a good four game stretch because other teams didn’t have a lot of film to prepare for him.  They also just need to know he can stay healthy.  

The Texans already know those things about Stroud so it makes sense to go all in to put guys around him for the remainder of his rookie deal.  

The Colts don’t, this is part of that Richardson getting hurt would set the team back people were talking about last year when Richardson got hurt.  

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

I wasn’t talking about the WRs at all, my point is the Colts don’t know about Richardson because they haven’t seen enough of him because he was hurt.  So they need to see more of him in general to know if he’s truly a franchise QB and not just a guy who had a good four game stretch because other teams didn’t have a lot of film to prepare for him.  They also just need to know he can stay healthy.  

The Texans already know those things about Stroud so it makes sense to go all in to put guys around him for the remainder of his rookie deal.  

The Colts don’t, this is part of that Richardson getting hurt would set the team back people were talking about last year when Richardson got hurt.  

That isn’t a way to run a franchise. What will be the excuse next year.

• Like 2