Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Around the NFL 2024 Off-season signings, trades and other news

w87r

56 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I think they could have gotten more. They panicked. Other teams got more for other players who are not as talented. As @stitches  wrote, a team could have even used him as a running back. The Bears gave him away. I don't have the time now but I am sure I can find QBs with less talent and less promise who were traded for more.

Sam Howell, 4th and 6th got traded for a a 3d and 5th... if you use the regular trade chart that's equivalent to late 3d or early 4th round pick. 

Pickett and a 4th were traded for 3d and 2 7ths... this is the equivalent of a mid-4th. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, NFLfan said:

But he did not win or lose those by himself. Pittsburgh got a steal in the trade. Chicago could have received more. Most people agree.

He didn’t win or lose the games by himself agreed. One stat that jumps out besides only winning ten games in three years is he only passed for over 300 yards one time. These are the reasons the Bears are moving on. Most people only see the highlights of what Fields did in the games. He was so inconsistent in the routine plays. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, smittywerb said:

both want to get paid.  I can see Higgins getting traded but they may pay hendrickson

Hendrickson just signed the contract extension last year for 16 million a year. So now he ponders retirement. Please retire!

17 hours ago, smittywerb said:

Also. Amon St. Brown just reset the WR market.  You can bet JJ and Hill and maybe Chase going to get +$30mill/yr

Yikes, and here we thought 3 years $70 mil. for Pittman was steep. :) Ballard did good, then and now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Yikes, and here we thought 3 years $70 mil. for Pittman was steep. :) Ballard did good, then and now.

I honestly thought what Pittman got was more than fair.  I projected $21-22 per and he got $23.  Can’t be mad at that.

2 hours ago, Blueblood23 said:

Hendrickson just signed the contract extension last year for 16 million a year. So now he ponders retirement. Please retire!

yeah, think he saw what others are getting and now he’s like I want more.  Similar to what that lineman in Dallas was doing.  Signed the extension and became the highest paid lineman, and once he wasn’t the highest paid lineman anymore, he wanted more money lol

hendrickson is 29 so I definitely see him wanting a pay day before tips on out of the nfl.