Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Superbowl game

Myles

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I mean it wasn’t to this level but even the clip of Peyton going off on his oline wasn’t Peyton’s best moment and something you don’t want your leaders to do but it happens.  Not excusing Kelce he clearly went a step too far IMO but star players get a much longer leash than others and Reid is smart enough to know he needs Kelce to win this game and can deal with him after the game and I expect he will.  That’s why Reid has lasted so long he knows how to handle his players.

Big difference between being verbal and physical 

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

I mean it wasn’t to this level but even the clip of Peyton going off on his oline wasn’t Peyton’s best moment and something you don’t want your leaders to do but it happens.  Not excusing Kelce he clearly went a step too far IMO but star players get a much longer leash than others and Reid is smart enough to know he needs Kelce to win this game and can deal with him after the game and I expect he will.  That’s why Reid has lasted so long he knows how to handle his players.

That is different. I can't imagine Peyton pushing Dungy like that. That was a very bad look. Everyone is talking about it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

That is different. I can't imagine Peyton pushing Dungy like that. That was a very bad look. Everyone is talking about it.

Again, that’s why I said it didn’t rise to that level.  It was just an example of sometimes star players can get away with things others can’t.  If Sorgi had yelled at the oline like that he would have been gone.  

Clearly what Kelce did was worse and I fully agree it was a bad look I am just saying Reid knows he can’t bench Kelce in the Super Bowl.  He will address it after the game with him.

• Like 2

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Those of you that think Kelce bumping into Reid is a big deal makes me laugh. 

I think it’s a sign of one of the two differences in the game so far.  One is the 49ers dline and the other is KC is letting their emotions get the better of them.

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Those of you that think Kelce bumping into Reid is a big deal makes me laugh. 

Watching the clip I think it’s a little overblown. 

I didn’t see it when it happened and thought he legit had Reid flying the way people were talking about it. 

To me it looked like he grabbed Reid’s arm and stepped into him and Reid lost his balance. 

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

I think it’s a sign of one of the two differences in the game so far.  One is the 49ers dline and the other is KC is letting their emotions get the better of them.

Just watching it,  it wasn't a violent bump.  It was , hey,  get me involved..  they are friends . Folks that have never been in a locker room have no idea

2 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I didn’t see it when it happened and thought he legit had Reid flying the way people were talking about it. 

To me it looked like he grabbed Reid’s arm and stepped into him and Reid lost his balance. 

Grabbed his arm and went right into him. That’s not much better than shoving.

• Like 1

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Just watching it,  it wasn't a violent bump.  It was , hey,  get me involved..  they are friends . Folks that have never been in a locker room have no idea

I have and if I pulled that not only would I be benched, good chance one of the big boys would’ve put me on the ground.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

He shoved an elderly person. Reid is about 30 years older than Kelce. He is much stronger than Reid. Imagine if Mahomes would have done that. No one would be defending him.

• Like 2

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Yes, but to my point it’s one of several times in the first half KC has lost their composure.  That particular instance didn’t make a difference on the field but several of the other times have happened on the field and had an impact on the game.  Like I said, it a sign of one of the two differences in the game.  KC needs to get their emotions in check at halftime.

• Like 1

Just now, NFLfan said:

He shoved an elderly person. Reid is about 30 years older than Kelce. He is much stronger than Reid. Imagine if Mahomes would have done that. No one would be defending him.

To me shoving is putting your hands on someone and extending your arms to push them away. Kelce didn’t do that. He grabbed Reid’s arm and stepped into him to get close. Reid lost his balance. 

Not saying it isn’t a little too aggressive, but that didn’t read as a guy wanting to shove his elderly coach to me. 

1 minute ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

what kind of person would do that to an old man

My goodness.   The fact so many have never been in a locker room and comment about a culture you have no idea about is ridiculous.   Andy Ried and Travis are fine. Lol

Just now, Solid84 said:

To me shoving is putting your hands on someone and extending your arms to push them away. Kelce didn’t do that. He grabbed Reid’s arm and stepped into him to get close. Reid lost his balance. 

Not saying it isn’t a little too aggressive, but that didn’t read as a guy wanting to shove his elderly coach to me. 

If I walked up to you and into you, would you have a problem with it? If it was your father/son that I did that to?