Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023/24 NFL Weekly Pick'em Playoff Contest Thread

On 1/13/2024 at 10:55 PM, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Picks for early games

(5) Cleveland Browns at (4) Houston Texans (4-6)

(6) Miami Dolphins at (3) Kansas City Chiefs (7-10)

NFC

(7) Green Bay Packers at (2) Dallas Cowboys (11-13)

(6) Los Angeles Rams at (3) Detroit Lions (1-3)

(5) Philadelphia Eagles at (4) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-3)

AFC

(5) Cleveland Browns at (4) Houston Texans (4-6)

(6) Miami Dolphins at (3) Kansas City Chiefs (7-10)

(7) Pittsburgh Steelers at (2) Buffalo Bills (7-10)

On 1/9/2024 at 12:03 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

NFC

#7 Packers at #2 Cowboys (7-10)

#6 Rams at #3 Lions (1-3)

#5 Eagles at #4 Bucs (1-3)

AFC

#7 Steelers at #2 Bills (7-10)

#6 Dolphins at #3 Chiefs (4-6)

#5 Browns at #4 Texans (4-6)

So far 2-2 on my picks. Got the Rams/Lions margin of victory right. 

OK, questions for participants:

@Solid84 @Moe @2006Coltsbestever @VikingsFanInChennai @jvan1973 @runthepost @ChuggaBeer @Chrisaaron1023 @EasyE @coltsva

There were 4 who got both the winner of the Lions-Rams game AND the margin correct.

@Solid84 @Moe @w87r and @2006Coltsbestever

There were 3 who got just the margin correct.

@chad72 myself, @EasyE and @VikingsFanInChennai

The margin of victory was placed as a separate way to earn 2 or 1 bonus points. So, for the Lions-Rams game, if I award 3 points to the first 4 who picked both the winner and the margin correct, while awarding 2 bonus points to the bottom 3 for JUST the margin, would that be consistent with your understanding of the rules?

I want to make sure I go with the group consensus so that it doesn't seem like a conflict of interest because I just happened to get the margin correct here. Let me know your thoughts.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, chad72 said:

@Solid84 @Moe @2006Coltsbestever @VikingsFanInChennai @jvan1973 @runthepost @ChuggaBeer @Chrisaaron1023 @EasyE @coltsva

There were 4 who got both the winner of the Lions-Rams game AND the margin correct.

The margin of victory was placed as a separate way to earn 2 or 1 bonus points. So, for the Lions-Rams game, if I award 3 points to the first 4 who picked both the winner and the margin correct, while awarding 2 bonus points to the bottom 3 for JUST the margin, would that be consistent with your understanding of the rules?

I want to make sure I go with the group consensus so that it doesn't seem like a conflict of interest because I just happened to get the margin correct here. Let me know your thoughts.

I'm fine with it.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yeah I am good with that. In other words, you still get points even if you get the pick wrong but the margin right. Correct?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I am good with that. In other words, you still get points even if you get the pick wrong but the margin right. Correct?

Yep. I feel it keeps folks engaged in the game with more incentives to continue for the next round 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Yep. I feel it keeps folks engaged in the game with more incentives to continue for the next round 

Great

5 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

goodness gracious... why did i take my horrible picking to the playoffs?! lol

I should switch BOTH picks tonight hahah

There's always ways to get worse lmao that's how it goes

20 hours ago, chad72 said:

Alright, I’m changing the Bills margin of victory to 4-6 for Monday afternoon over Steelers

@Solid84 @2006Coltsbestever just showed you all again how changing my picks or margin (from 14-20 to cost myself lol) has cost me throughout the year. Some things never change.

Meanwhile, @Solid84 nailed the 14-20 point margin to score more bonus points. :) 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, coltsva said:

Finally, a format where I can get the pick completely wrong and still be partially right! 

It's different but fun. There are so little games to pick from, we had to add something else.

Meanwhile, I was Mr .500 this week. I went 3-3, + I did get the margin of victory right for the Lions/Rams game.

• Like 1

In order of submission of picks:

@jvan1973 3-3 with 1 margin of victory (Bills-Steelers) correct for a total of 4 points

@chad72 3-3 with 1 margin of victory (Lions-Rams) correct for a total of 5 points

@Solid84 4-2 with 2 margins of victories (Lions-Rams and Bills-Steelers) correct for a total of 7 points

@coltsva 3-3 with 1 margin of victory (Bills-Steelers) correct for a total of 4 points

@w87r 4-2 with 1 margin of victory (Lions-Rams) correct for a total of 6 points

@runthepost 4-2 with 1 margin of victory (Bills-Steelers) correct for a total of 5 points

@Chrisaaron1023 2-4 with 0 margin of victories correct for a total of 2 points

@Moe 3-3 with 1 margin of victory (Lions-Rams) correct for a total of 5 points

@2006Coltsbestever 3-3 with 1 margin of victory (Lions-Rams) correct for a total of 5 points

@EasyE 4-2 with 1 margin of victory (Lions-Rams) correct for a total of 6 points

@ChuggaBeer 3-3 with 0 margin of victories correct for a total of 3 points

@VikingsFanInChennai 3-3 with 1 margin of victory correct (Lions-Rams) for a total of 5 points

So, the leaderboard can be deciphered from above. Let me know if it all looks accurate based on your picks submitted. Keep participating. I will place the divisional round picks next.

@Solid84

@w87r

@EasyE

ARE THE CLEAR TOP 3.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

@jvan1973 3-3 with 1 margin of victory (Bills-Steelers) correct for a total of 4 points

@chad72 3-3 with 1 margin of victory (Lions-Rams) correct for a total of 5 points

@Solid84 4-2 with 2 margins of victories (Lions-Rams and Bills-Steelers) correct for a total of 7 points

@coltsva 3-3 with 1 margin of victory (Bills-Steelers) correct for a total of 4 points

@runthepost 4-2 with 1 margin of victory (Bills-Steelers) correct for a total of 5 points

@2006Coltsbestever 3-3 with 1 margin of victory (Lions-Rams) correct for a total of 5 points

@EasyE 4-2 with 1 margin of victory (Lions-Rams) correct for a total of 6 points

@VikingsFanInChennai 3-3 with 1 margin of victory correct (Lions-Rams) for a total of 5 points

So, the leaderboard can be deciphered from above. 

Thank you for the tally.

So, apart from Bills game and Lions game, margin of victory remained elusive.

It was tougher than I thought, so the points system seem to be good to give a bit higher margin for error. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, chad72 said:

@Solid84 went 4-2, and got 2 margin of victories for 7 points. Impressive.

@EasyE and @w87r also went 4-2, got 1 margin of victories right for 6 points.

I did ok with 5 points, I am disappointed that I only went 3-3 on my picks. Dallas is a big pile of poo lmao .

• Like 2

Alright, do you guys want to double the points for the divisional round picks to 2 points per winner picked? Then 4 points for championship game winners picked? Then 8 points for SB winner picked. That way, most folks would have a chance at least till the SB or before the SB?? Margins of victory points remain the same for the bonus points and are evaluated separately from winner or loser.

Let me know what you all think.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Alright, do you guys want to double the points for the divisional round picks to 2 points per winner picked? Then 4 points for championship game winners picked? Then 8 points for SB winner picked. That way, most folks would have a chance at least till the SB or before the SB?? Margins of victory points remain the same for the bonus points and are evaluated separately from winner or loser.

Yeah, lets go for it! 

• Like 1

Just now, chad72 said:

Alright, do you guys want to double the points for the divisional round picks to 2 points per winner picked? Then 4 points for championship game winners picked? Then 8 points for SB winner picked. That way, most folks would have a chance at least till the SB or before the SB?? 

How about 2 per win and 3 for margines? Ups both categories by 1.

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

How about 2 per win and 3 for margins? Ups both categories by 1.

I don't want to introduce too many variables. Keep one thing constant but the other variable??

It also makes it easier to track, lol :) 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, chad72 said:

So, the leaderboard can be deciphered from above. Let me know if it all looks accurate based on your picks submitted. Keep participating. I will place the divisional round picks next.

@Solid84

@w87r

@EasyE

ARE THE CLEAR TOP 3.

Join Me Come On GIF by Rockstar Games

2 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Can I Join You Season 10 GIF by The Big Bang Theory

I'll join you soon. I thought I was heading to basement, but I seem to have got the benefit of Law of Averages. 

You actually did ok, 5 isn't bad. I got 5, Chad and Moe did as well. 5 keeps you in it. I still can't believe Dallas and Philly both lost, that is why I went 3-3. Sirianni and that silly grin is going fishing now Fishing Fail GIF by Conesulfoz, Dallas on the other hand was this Fire This Is Fine GIF by MOODMAN

OK, here it is.

@jvan1973 @Solid84 @w87r @coltsva @runthepost @2006Coltsbestever @EasyE @Moe @ChuggaBeer @Chrisaaron1023 @VikingsFanInChennai

Divisional round pick winners count double. Margins of victories remain the same. Every subsequent round, the winner points' double. So 2 for divisional round winners, 4 for championship game winners, 8 for SB winner. Margin of victory points remain the same. Just wanted to make this clear to all so that we have everyone with a chance till the end, at least most because even if you didn't pick the Bills to make the SB, if they make the SB, you get to choose again unlike an NCAA bracket where if your horse is done, you are done

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, chad72 said:

This seems like 

Sad Bunny GIF

I'll go with it. 

Divisional Round:

AFC

Texans @ Ravens

Chiefs @ Bills

NFC

Buccaneers @ Lions

Packers @ 49'ers

Scoring for right predictions: +1 for wild card round, +2 for divisional round, +4 for conference championship, +8 for Super Bowl - ALL predictions can be changed up to game time

Bonus scoring (points in parentheses)Predict range of margin of victory right. The options are

1. 1-3 (+2)

2. 4-6 (+2)

3. 7-10 (+2)

4. 11-13 (+2)

5. 14-20 (+1)

6. 20+ (+1)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Divisional Round:

AFC

Texans @ Ravens

Chiefs @ Bills

NFC

Buccaneers @ Lions

Packers @ 49'ers

Scoring for right predictions: +1 for wild card round, +2 for divisional round, +4 for conference championship, +8 for Super Bowl - ALL predictions can be changed up to game time

Bonus scoring (points in parentheses)Predict range of margin of victory right. The options are

1. 1-3 (+2)

2. 4-6 (+2)

3. 7-10 (+2)

4. 11-13 (+2)

5. 14-20 (+1)

6. 20+ (+1)

Divisional Round:

AFC

Texans @ Ravens -- (4-6)

Chiefs @ Bills -- (1-3)

NFC

Buccaneers @ Lions -- (4-6)

Packers @ 49'ers -- (7-10)

1. 1-3 (+2)

2. 4-6 (+2)

3. 7-10 (+2)

4. 11-13 (+2)

5. 14-20 (+1)

6. 20+ (+1)

• Like 2

Alright, divisional round picks, here we go, let me lead the way (in order of the NFL schedule)

Texans at Ravens (margin of victory 1-3)

Packers at 49ers (margin of victory 7-10)

Bucs at Lions (margin of victory 4-6)

Chiefs at Bills (margin of victory 4-6)

• Like 3

Just now, chad72 said:

Alright, divisional round picks, here we go, let me lead the way (in order of the NFL schedule)

Texans at Ravens (margin of victory 1-3)

Packers at 49ers (margin of victory 7-10)

Bucs at Lions (margin of victory 4-6)

Chiefs at Bills (margin of victory 1-3)

We're really close with the same winners and even the same margines in the 3 games lol.

I do think the Ravens win though. Comfortably even. I currently have a 4-6 margine in favor of the Ravens, but I maybe change to an even bigger margine.

5 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

We're really close with the same winners and even the same margines in the 3 games lol.

I do think the Ravens win though. Comfortably even. I currently have a 4-6 margine in favor of the Ravens, but I maybe change to an even bigger margine.

I chose 1-3 because of Lamar's playoff record and scared of the Stroud factor and because I am choosing 1 road team to upset (though I expect most folks to pick Chiefs as the road team to make noise). The Ravens at home might be different though. If it is Ravens, I would go 7-10, to be honest. Stroud is good enough to keep it a 1 score game but Justin Tucker could ice a few things for them.

@Solid84 EDIT: Just changed my Chiefs-Bills margin to 4-6, I can see a 21-17 or 24-20 type of game with them, those are the type of games the Chiefs have lost and with their D, it is hard to score more than 24 on the Chiefs, 21 is hard enough.

• Like 1