Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Quiet on the Home Front?

Maybe it's just me.  It seems mighty hush-hush from Colts Owner Jim Irsay.  I believe that could be due to a phenomenon that, going forward, will be attributed to the "Steichen Effect."  Any thoughts on this apparent change in the weather?

Maybe, if Colts end the season with a bad loss, he'll explode and have many more things to say (at least in private to GM and HC)?

Maybe, he'll understand this is AR's first year, and he looked good and the team won more games with backup QB and we could rebuild around AR.

You never know, which side the cat on the fence would go! 

5 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Maybe, if Colts end the season with a bad loss, he'll explode and have many more things to say (at least in private to GM and HC)?

Maybe, he'll understand this is AR's first year, and he looked good and the team won more games with backup QB and we could rebuild around AR.

You never know, which side the cat on the fence would go! 

Traditionally, he's pretty patient with his team. He was a GM after all, so he knows it takes time. 

He knows QBs, and he knows the situation with AR. 

I'll also say this, he actually has been active on X. 

So it's not like he's gone dark or anything. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Traditionally, he's pretty patient with his team. He was a GM after all, so he knows it takes time. 

He knows QBs, and he knows the situation with AR. 

I'll also say this, he actually has been active on X. 

So it's not like he's gone dark or anything. 

I guess i need to pay attention to TWIX.  :^)

• Like 1

Winning covers a lot of difficulties. 

Jim has to be feeling so much better regarding the state of his Colts at this time.

The regret of giving Frank a big new contract and the following dumpster fire that followed.

The joy of David Tepper of Carolina hiring Frank, wiping out much if not all of the tens of Millions Frank was owed. Nice!

The Great decision to get Steichen away from the  "Genius Howie" and Sirianni and the following results, maybe allows Jim to kick back with his feet up on the desk and think happy thoughts.

I'll betcha GM Jim is scouting for the draft, and looking for prospects as our next potential DC.

• Like 2

He is nervous about this game. He knows how big it is, so he is probably avoiding Social Media and people in general. A win tomorrow would be our biggest win since we beat the Broncos in the Divisional Round in 2014/15 IMO. With a win tomorrow, he knows it will be tough for anyone = media/fans to be critical of the franchise moving forward which he can feel good about. This game is really huge for Ballard, a win here makes him look really good, + some of our fanbase love to kick the guy a lot about his team building it seems homer simpson GIF.

Jim’s the ring leader of the circus. When a distraction is needed, he is the guy. Look at the distractions he created during the JT negotiations this year. He might be crazy, but he’s our crazy and he’s far from stupid. When you have a good thing going, you let it roll.