Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Raiders and 1st injury report

dw49

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Oakland?    Will score at will?

You're not following the Raiders if you believe that….

I imagine the game plans will be similar for both defenses. Stop the run and force the offense to throw the ball. If Aiden O'Connell has a big day (Like when they played the chargers), I imagine that may be the nail in the coffin for Bradley

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

I imagine the game plans will be similar for both defenses. Stop the run and force the offense to throw the ball. If Aiden O'Connell has a big day (Like when they played the chargers), I imagine that may be the nail in the coffin for Bradley

It may be.   I’m not predicting a Colts win.  I just don’t see the Raiders scoring at will against against Indy.   Then again, I didn’t predict the Colts playing as badly as they did last week.   Hoping for some home field advantage these last two weeks. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

It may be.   I’m not predicting a Colts win.  I just don’t see the Raiders scoring at will against against Indy.   Then again, I didn’t predict the Colts playing as badly as they did last week.   Hoping for some home field advantage these last two weeks. 

Yeah, for me I think it depends on Pittman being back. If he’s back I think we have a shot, if he isn’t I don’t think we have a shot. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Oakland?    Will score at will?

You're not following the Raiders if you believe that….

I have followed both and have seen how gus defense makes any offense super stars , and by the way the raiders are now las vegas if you follow them you should know that. they also put 63 points on the board against the chargers. I know you just made a mistake saying oakland welcome to the world of us old guys lol.

8 hours ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

I have followed both and have seen how gus defense makes any offense super stars , and by the way the raiders are now las vegas if you follow them you should know that. they also put 63 points on the board against the chargers. I know you just made a mistake saying oakland welcome to the world of us old guys lol.

I’m not sure the Baltimore Colts can beat the Oakland Raiders, but I like our chances against the San Diego Chargers.  St. Louis Cardinals could be tough too.

17 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I’m not sure the Baltimore Colts can beat the Oakland Raiders, but I like our chances against the San Diego Chargers.  St. Louis Cardinals could be tough too.

Hoping the Houston Oilers upset the Houston Texans this week,would be a nice gift to us.

1 hour ago, indyagent17 said:

But he won’t 

‘Ol Gus has to be fighting for his job at this point. We all know the Colts aren’t the Legion of Boom as far as talent goes so something has to change doesn’t it? Blitzing the QB isn’t a penalty in the NFL is it? Chucking the WR is still allowed at the line of scrimmage isn’t it? Maybe Steichen will explain that to Gus this week…. or perhaps he just changes the locks on the doors at the end of the season and doesn’t bother telling Gus. One can dream…..

• Like 2

14 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

As you know from other posts I've made, I'm predicting a loss.

However.

If Braden Smith plays, that gives us a better matchup vs Maxx Crosby than Freeland.  It gives us a cleaner pocket.  And it gives us better run blocking.

If Pittman plays, it gives us our nearly guaranteed 1st down conversion.  And it takes coverage pressure off of our other receiving targets.  And gives us better run/pass threat balance.

The only unanswered questions I would have would be if we could generate a pass rush playing at home, and if Nick Cross can fill Julian Blackmon's shoes, and then some.

If all of these things fall our way, we have a good chance of winning the game.

(Still picking against us, though.)

• Like 1