Davante Adams

Keenan Allen

Cooper Kupp

DK Metcalf

Of course, we do my friend. I agree. 

I was being sarcastic...Ha!!

• Like 1

On 1/14/2024 at 2:35 PM, Solid84 said:

The Colts are already the 4th youngest team in the league. At some point you actually have to retain your veterans instead of booting them every chance you get.

And yet every season the Colts let majority of the players go in FA and continue to build through the draft.  Linebackers especially we have a talent for them in the draft and yet let Walker and Okereke both walk.  Those sting every year since.  The league is a business and have to spend your cap space wisely.  We can all play armchair GMs all we want it's not our money to spend but we all can dream of creating a dream team and build a dynasty.  Some players I get we all want but they don't fit our system.  Glad we don't typically overpay for players that eventually never live to their previous potential more times than not.   These are fun exercises for sure and obvious someone takes notice.  In the end were just fans and are along for the ride but always nice to dream and root on the home team wherever we may live.  

Do I think it's wise to sign Madubuke over Stewart no and clearly the cheaper option and best for the team.  Tyler Davis (Clemson) is very similar to Stewart as a run-stopper just pray stays healthy and can perform better than most than often fail as IDL.

On 1/15/2024 at 8:48 AM, Indeee said:

Of course, we do my friend. I agree. 

I was being sarcastic...Ha!!

If Courtland Sutton is let go to FA, getting him would be good enough, while signing Pittman too. Or Aiyuk.. there are such tier 2 WRs, who could operate at a very high level that Colts don't have right now.

As for getting Elite WR1 talent, drafting that guy is probably the right choice and you get to have him in rookie deal. It's as important as having QB in rookie deals these days, as these guys would demand close to 30 million a year later. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

If Courtland Sutton is let go to FA, getting him would be good enough, while signing Pittman too. Or Aiyuk.. there are such tier 2 WRs, who could operate at a very high level that Colts don't have right now.

As for getting Elite WR1 talent, drafting that guy is probably the right choice and you get to have him in rookie deal. It's as important as having QB in rookie deals these days, as these guys would demand close to 30 million a year later. 

I agree about drafting one. I think that's the way to go at this point. Just have to hope they focus and get the right guy. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

The only positions that would make sense for the rookie deal argument for me are quarterback, LT, and ER.   Pierce and Downs are already on rookie deals and nothing much to report there but promise.  Trading for one now makes the most sense because you will get that immediate impact for your offense when time is of the essence for the quarterback and LT positions.  That’s why the Bills traded for Diggs and the Eagles traded for Brown.  Hopefully Ballard is shopping our first pick for an explosive receiver. 

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

The only positions that would make sense for the rookie deal argument for me are quarterback, LT, and ER.   Pierce and Downs are already on rookie deals and nothing much to report there but promise.  Trading for one now makes the most sense because you will get that immediate impact for your offense when time is of the essence for the quarterback and LT positions.  That’s why the Bills traded for Diggs and the Eagles traded for Brown.  Hopefully Ballard is shopping our first pick for an explosive receiver. 

That's one way of doing it, but would Ballard part with first round draft pick? It will take more than that as well to land someone like Jefferson or Adams. Also, you'll have to be really sure that your QB is capable of making use of those resources, especially in game winning situations. If Richardson is the real deal, you can do it but you might wanna ensure that well. May be next year? Bills waited until third year of Allen's rookie deal to go for the trade when opportunity arose, knowing well that Allen could accurately target elite receivers more often than not. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

That's one way of doing it, but would Ballard part with first round draft pick? It will take more than that as well to land someone like Jefferson or Adams. Also, you'll have to be really sure that your QB is capable of making use of those resources, especially in game winning situations. If Richardson is the real deal, you can do it but you might wanna ensure that well. May be next year? Bills waited until third year of Allen's rookie deal to go for the trade when opportunity arose, knowing well that Allen could accurately target elite receivers more often than not. 

I think Shane and Ballard have seen enough of AR to feel confident enough to trade the pick now.  Ballard’s press conference opened that door for me.

15 hours ago, Solid84 said:

Saw Gabe Davis is a free agent this offseason. Say we land Bowers at 15, could Davis be a target in FA?

Love to have a generational player like Bowers at TE. 

Gabe Davis is a capable FA wouldn't complain about.

Another potential cap space cut seen was Edge Emmanuel Ogbah (Dolphins) who saw his playing time diminish and is on the decline at age 30.  Ogbah has still shown flashes and could probably get a one-year prove it deal or more.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2024 at 10:57 AM, Solid84 said:

Saw Gabe Davis is a free agent this offseason. Say we land Bowers at 15, could Davis be a target in FA?

Davis has been near a bust from a consistency standpoint. He's basically an underwhelming 2. We already have enough of those guys..Ha!!

On 1/17/2024 at 9:57 AM, Solid84 said:

I doubt it. If we get Bowers then the only type of player we're missing is a speedy receiving threat. I don't know if they'll sign out but our WR room will be pretty full. Maybe they sign him as a backup in case of injuries.

PFF released their 2024 NFL FA rankings for IDLs.

Got to love what Grover Stewart has done for the Colts and living here in Ohio I wouldn't mind seeing our Colts add DJ Reader (Bengals).  According to PFF Reader is graded as the 10th highest run defender among interior defensive lineman and 11th as a pass-rusher.  Reader did tear his right quad tendon late in Week 15 and am hoping his recovery process impacts his market value but Reader was 3.1 points better in run-defense, 15.4 points improved in pass-rush grade over Grover and had a better run-stop rate by 0.6%.

We did learn how valuable Stewart absence was to the team and DaQuan Jones (Bills) would be a nice insurance policy behind Reader and may initially start.  Jones much like Stewart not the better run-defender (3.2 points) but does excel as a pass-rusher.  

LDT Maurice Hurst (Browns) also is a high target player am hoping the Colts are interested in to add quality depth behind Buckner.  Hurst has flashed potential but again his injury history is a cause for concern with most recent pectoral injury.  In 2021 was a calf injury and missed the entire 2022 season with a torn bicep suffered in training camp.  I will take 75-76 grades in both run and pass as a backup.  Helps had a 14.1% pass-rush win rate.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2024 at 8:00 PM, Indeee said:

Davis has been near a bust from a consistency standpoint. He's basically an underwhelming 2. We already have enough of those guys..Ha!!

It's bad take to call him a bust. This year, he had more than 60% of receiving yards (~750 from 45 catches at 16.6 yards per catch) in much less than half of Diggs' receiving yards (~1150 from 107 catches). 

He's not going to be consistent, as he's more of a big play threat but getting 700 yards in mostly big plays is what you'd expect from a vertical threat. Being consistent just is not his cup of tea. Teams that need his production even at that inconsistent rate will surely get him (which is quite appreciated), and he'll serve his purpose. 

1 hour ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

It's bad take to call him a bust. This year, he had more than 60% of receiving yards (~750 from 45 catches at 16.6 yards per catch) in much less than half of Diggs' receiving yards (~1150 from 107 catches). 

He's not going to be consistent, as he's more of a big play threat but getting 700 yards in mostly big plays is what you'd expect from a vertical threat. Being consistent just is not his cup of tea. Teams that need his production even at that inconsistent rate will surely get him (which is quite appreciated), and he'll serve his purpose. 

My friend, that is the reason I called him a bust from a consistency standpoint.  This team can ill afford to have any more players on this team that are not consistently catching balls. We already have one in Pierce as an example.

I'm not sure he will be available however Higgins is a guy or Keenan if the Chargers move on, are players we should invest in. They consistently get open and catch the ball when given the opportunity.

It shocks me that this fan base has settled for these mediocre receivers that we have had since the manning years. I mean Harrison, Wayne, Clark, Collie, Stokely, Gonzales, Garcon... All these guys did was CATCH the ball consistently all over the place. Always open, always were thrown to.

Stokely, Wayne, and Harrison all had 1000-yard seasons at the same time. Yes, it's about the QB however the receivers still have to get open and make the catches too. We have been nowhere near that for over a decade now. It's ridiculous to say AR is going to bring that back (idea of more than 1 1k yard receiver in the same season) with the group we currently possess. It's not happening. 

We need better skill position players who are consistent, and Gabe Dave isn't it. < Yes, I know his last name is Davis but me and my buddies have always called him Gabe Dave... :funny:

A true number-one Cornerback and consistent game-wrecking DE that can rack up double-digit sacks every season is a start. I think they need to look into the Safety position and bring in another guy who can push the younger guys while being able to make an impact in both the run and passing game. Adding more explosive play-makers on offense is a MUST! Surround AR5 with as much talent as humanly possible while you can. Shane Steichen showed what he could do and deserves the chance to be able to add talent through both FA and the draft and have the leverage to bring in the guys he covets no matter the cost. Gotta add more depth and competition across the offensive line as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dark Superman said:

A true number-one Cornerback and consistent game-wrecking DE that can rack up double-digit sacks every season is a start. I think they need to look into the Safety position and bring in another guy who can push the younger guys while being able to make an impact in both the run and passing game. Adding more explosive play-makers on offense is a MUST! Surround AR5 with as much talent as humanly possible while you can. Shane Steichen showed what he could do and deserves the chance to be able to add talent through both FA and the draft and have the leverage to bring in the guys he covets no matter the cost. Gotta add more depth and competition across the offensive line as well.

I agree 1000%

Someone CBs like Koolaid, (Nice name)  Cooper Dejean, or Nate Wiggins, could start immediately and make this defense much stronger

In the second round at our pick there should  WRs that we could pick

X. Leggettt, X Worthy, T Franklin, Dez Walker,

MAYBE AD Mitchell (We may have to trade up in the 2nd to get him

In the third round there are Safeties that could start for this team and improve the output

Beau Brade, J Hicks, J Bullard

In the 4th there are LBs like Junior Colson, that could actually start at LB

That leaves DE

There are two players that I think the Colts should pursue

DE - Bryce Huff a FA from the Jets - They have many folks to resign and reports are that they are allowing him to go to free agency   The kid played 1/2 of the snaps and was 3rd in pressures in NFL and had 10 sacks  He is 26

OR

DE - D Hunter a FA from the Vikings, They also have many folks to resign and it appears they will use their TAG on their WR He is a great rusher and plays the run well   He is 28 (I believe)

IMHO - Draft well

Get into FA with just ONE pickup

Sign your main FAs

This team could compete with anyone

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I agree 1000%

Someone CBs like Koolaid, (Nice name)  Cooper Dejean, or Nate Wiggins, could start immediately and make this defense much stronger

In the second round at our pick there should  WRs that we could pick

X. Leggettt, X Worthy, T Franklin, Dez Walker,

MAYBE AD Mitchell (We may have to trade up in the 2nd to get him

In the third round there are Safeties that could start for this team and improve the output

Beau Brade, J Hicks, J Bullard

In the 4th there are LBs like Junior Colson, that could actually start at LB

That leaves DE

There are two players that I think the Colts should pursue

DE - Bryce Huff a FA from the Jets - They have many folks to resign and reports are that they are allowing him to go to free agency   The kid played 1/2 of the snaps and was 3rd in pressures in NFL and had 10 sacks  He is 26

OR

DE - D Hunter a FA from the Vikings, They also have many folks to resign and it appears they will use their TAG on their WR He is a great rusher and plays the run well   He is 28 (I believe)

IMHO - Draft well

Get into FA with just ONE pickup

Sign your main FAs

This team could compete with anyone

Hunter is the better DE if you ask me.  He’s the more well rounded player.  Huff is excellent as a pass rusher but the undrafted player is terrible against the run.  He would be a situational pass rusher on long passing downs.

15 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Hunter is the better DE if you ask me.  He’s the more well rounded player.  Huff is excellent as a pass rusher but the undrafted player is terrible against the run.  He would be a situational pass rusher on long passing downs.

I dont disagree, but Huff is said to have improved greatly against the run this past year, not at Hunters level, but he wont kill the team

The expected contract for Huff will be 15M ish

The expected contract for Hunter will be 20-22M ish

If we are serious about getting better..... THIS year.....  we have to improve a defense that was 28 in points allowed and 27th in pressures

I REALLY hope that we dont just keep adding to the bottom of the roster, but actually make a SINGLE FA move

23 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I dont disagree, but Huff is said to have improved greatly against the run this past year, not at Hunters level, but he wont kill the team

If we are serious about getting better..... THIS year.....  we have to improve a defense that was 28 in points allowed and 27th in pressures

I REALLY hope that we dont just keep adding to the bottom of the roster, but actually make a SINGLE FA move

I don’t disagree on making a big FA move.  Huffs pff grade was 45.2 against the run.  That’s bad.  I would rather have Hunter even at the higher cost.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Does Ballard have any history of signing guys to contracts that you want?   Not that I’m aware of.   

The largest I can remember is Justin Houston 2/24.   Ebukam was 3/24. 

I just dont see the Colts spending $15-22 mill on anyone. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I don’t disagree on making a big FA move.  Huffs pff grade was 45.2 against the run.  That’s bad.  I would rather have Hunter even at the higher cost.

Thanks for that.  I didn’t know that

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Does Ballard have any history of signing guys to contracts that you want?   Not that I’m aware of.   

The largest I can remember is Justin Houston 2/24.   Ebukam was 3/24. 

I just dont see the Colts spending $15-22 mill on anyone. 

On this one.  I hope he does

How does the same guys get more pressure?

We can improve the back end with a better FS and a new CB

But if we don’t start getting pressure we will waste another year

• Like 1

8 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Hunter would be a pipe dream but do you think Minnesota is going to let him go? And if they decide to move on from Hunter, he's going to command a HUGE contract and I can't see Chris Ballard ponying up that type of money on a free agent.

Questions already in Las Vegas whether O’Connell is competent to play QB at the most important position in team sports with expected growing pains of sorts and underperforming after flashing star potential another week.  Carr is gone and Garoppolo was benched last season.  The quarterback I think the Raiders would be targeting with Pierce as the new HC is LSU’s Jayden Daniels where the two crossed paths at Arizona State.  The Raiders have the 13th pick in the 2024 NFL Draft but would have to add draft capital to move up.  Wouldn't shock me to see the Bears trade back out of the first pick again and add more draft capital. 

New Raiders GM Tom Telesco orchestrated the trade that sent Khalil Mack from the Raiders to the Bears.  Mack could very well be a Chargers cap cut candidate but a reunion of sorts finishing out his career as a Raider could be possible.  Colts could trade for Maxx Crosby and the Raiders can fill his role with Mack while learning on last year’s first round defensive end pick Tyree Wilson.  Both Paye and Odeyingbo are upcoming free agents would we need to resign both next season with Crosby?  After running some Over the Cap salary calculations am not sure that the Colts resign Pittman and look to Round 2 to add his replacement with this assumption of trading away our first-round pick for Crosby. 

The wait and see approach that Ballard stood his ground on has now passed.  Kenny Moore is clearly a leader on the team coming off one of his best career seasons playing a versatile position that demands a lot.  Well liked in the locker room and been the leader on and off the field.  Re-eval Moore has been grossly underpaid as one of the best NCB in the game.  The Colts need to resign him and back pay him his true value after all these years.

Last year I really wanted the Colts to bring in FS Jessie Bates III from Cincinnati and while Cross and Blackmon played above-average at SS we clearly had issues at the FS spot.  We missed on bring home an Indiana kid in Bates so hopefully we don't make the same mistake twice and miss out on FS Antoine Winfield, Jr (TB Bucs).  It's been said defenses win games and adding Crosby on the Edge and FS Winfield who is another All-Pro should make this team dangerous.   Winfield's coverage grade with no pressure was a 73.2, coverage grade on throws in =< 3s was 71.3, forced incompletion rate was 9.0%, and run-defense grade was an excellent 93.4. 

If you had a chance to read my earlier post about PFF releasing IDL grades and rankings than add DJ Reader (Bengals) to replace Grover Stewart, DaQuan Jones (Bills) replaces Tyvan Bryan, and Maurice Hurst (Browns) adds depth behind Buckner since Adebawore had the typical rookie struggles last season.  

Cap space-wise I was still around ~17m available in cap space but outside of resigning Kenny Moore the rest hit FA market.   I will have to spend more time calculating salaries again tonight.  The biggest stick shock for me was the projected price on Reader.  His recovery process may impact his market value and injuries may be an issue. Projections 3-year 45-48m contract (15.25 APY) and 25-30m guaranteed.  Well more than I figured Grover Stewart would command around the 10-12.5m range more likely.  

Did see two other possible cap cut candidates that if we have cap space wouldn't mind adding as well.  MLB Demario Davis (Saints), even at 35 years' old he still an upgrade at MLB.  Bring back Nyheim Hines (Bills) as the Colts will need a return specialist and we all should remember Hines was very effective as a pass-catching RB.  Evaluate Hines coming off a torn knee ligament.  Remember lobbying saying we needed to pay Hines and we did under Reich only to trade him to the Bills who never did use Hines in a running back/receiver role.  

9 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

9 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I mean, Hunter graded out at 51.7 at run defense and Huff at 48.0. Also, Hunter turns 30 this year and Huff will only be 26.

7 hours ago, Dark Superman said:

Hunter would be a pipe dream but do you think Minnesota is going to let him go? And if they decide to move on from Hunter, he's going to command a HUGE contract and I can't see Chris Ballard ponying up that type of money on a free agent.

Who knows what will happen?

But

They need to get their QB signed and the super star WR signed this offseason

They have 29M cap space before they sign anyone (they have other FAs just like we do)

Some of the "talking heads" think he will hit FA

6 hours ago, OhioColt said:

Last year I really wanted the Colts to bring in FS Jessie Bates III from Cincinnati and while Cross and Blackmon played above-average at SS we clearly had issues at the FS spot.  We missed on bring home an Indiana kid in Bates so hopefully we don't make the same mistake twice and miss out on FS Antoine Winfield, Jr (TB Bucs).  It's been said defenses win games and adding Crosby on the Edge and FS Winfield who is another All-Pro should make this team dangerous.   Winfield's coverage grade with no pressure was a 73.2, coverage grade on throws in =< 3s was 71.3, forced incompletion rate was 9.0%, and run-defense grade was an excellent 93.4. 

only to trade him to the Bills who never did use Hines in a running back/receiver role.  

I also wanted to bring in a FS last year, but I didnt really expect CB to be aggressive 

First off, we were paying QBs last year at a big clip

And in the offseason LAST year...... this team was looking at another disaster of a year

One FA wouldnt have made a difference

THIS year is different (I hope)

We CLEARLY need a DE, FS, LB, CB, and WR in the offseason

We can get a WR and CB that can start day1 in the draft (And be better than what we have today)

I also believe that we might get a FS / LB that can play this year..... in the draft....  But I wouldn't count on it

Latu might be an option in round 1, but he will need to add some weight and it will take 2-3 years to get ready

.... IF he works out  

I could make a case for a DE and a FS in FA and draft what you can

Huff at 15M and a FS at 4-5M

The time IS ticking for a short period of time where we have QB and LT on cheap rookie deals

If we are going to be aggressive...... now is the time

But.... who knows what CB will do

9 hours ago, Dark Superman said:

Neither do I.  I was just commenting on another poster’s post.

7 hours ago, Solid84 said:

I mean, Hunter graded out at 51.7 at run defense and Huff at 48.0. Also, Hunter turns 30 this year and Huff will only be 26.

Hunter was 61.5 not 51.7 and Huff 45.2 in run defense according to pff.  Huge difference.  

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Hunter was 61.5 not 51.7 and Huff 45.2 in run defense according to pff.  Huge difference.  

Not the seaonal grades. I’m literally looking at the seasonal/cumulative grades right now:

Hunter 51.7 run defense

Huff 48.0 run defense

1 hour ago, Solid84 said:

Not the seaonal grades. I’m literally looking at the seasonal/cumulative grades right now:

Hunter 51.7 run defense

Huff 48.0 run defense

The Pff grades that I quoted were from their article ranking the top 150 FA of this year’s  FA class.  They used them in comparing each player to a comp player.  If they published the grades in one of their major articles I would think they would use the correct grades that you would use in player comparisons.  That just makes common sense to me.  They are showing a significant disparity between the two.

8 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

The Pff grades that I quoted were from their article ranking the top 150 FA of this year’s  FA class.  They used them in comparing each player to a comp player.  If they published the grades in one of their major articles I would think they would use the correct grades that you would use in player comparisons.  That just makes common sense to me.  They are showing a significant disparity between the two.

Do you have a link to the article?

Edit: Nevermind, found it. 

*All data in tables reflects two years prior to UFA contract signing

The grades you posted aren’t from this season alone. 

1 hour ago, Solid84 said:

Do you have a link to the article?

Edit: Nevermind, found it. 

The grades you posted aren’t from this season alone. 

They used the grades that they believe give you the best overall comparison.  One year doesn’t really tell you much imo.  They decided not to use just one season where they could have.  Makes total sense to me.

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

They used the grades that they believe give you the best overall comparison.  One year doesn’t really tell you much imo.  They decided not to use just one season where they could have.  Makes total sense to me.

I agree judging on just this one season is probably not ideal especially when he's been a pretty solid run defender in prior years, but I do think it's worrisome his run defense grades drops so significantly this season.

I may be in a minority here but a situational pass rusher would be very valuable to this team

When its 3rd and long Huff scares the QBs

On 3rd and long now, the QB has all day

How many times did we give up 3rd and 10 plus??

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I may be in a minority here but a situational pass rusher would be very valuable to this team

I tend to agree with you here.  It appears Huff would be a great situational pass rusher.  Third and long for me seemed brutal for the Colts.  He just might be the perfect addition for the line.  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, OhioColt said:

Questions already in Las Vegas whether O’Connell is competent to play QB at the most important position in team sports with expected growing pains of sorts and underperforming after flashing star potential another week.  Carr is gone and Garoppolo was benched last season.  The quarterback I think the Raiders would be targeting with Pierce as the new HC is LSU’s Jayden Daniels where the two crossed paths at Arizona State.  The Raiders have the 13th pick in the 2024 NFL Draft but would have to add draft capital to move up.  Wouldn't shock me to see the Bears trade back out of the first pick again and add more draft capital. 

New Raiders GM Tom Telesco orchestrated the trade that sent Khalil Mack from the Raiders to the Bears.  Mack could very well be a Chargers cap cut candidate but a reunion of sorts finishing out his career as a Raider could be possible.  Colts could trade for Maxx Crosby and the Raiders can fill his role with Mack while learning on last year’s first round defensive end pick Tyree Wilson.  Both Paye and Odeyingbo are upcoming free agents would we need to resign both next season with Crosby?  After running some Over the Cap salary calculations am not sure that the Colts resign Pittman and look to Round 2 to add his replacement with this assumption of trading away our first-round pick for Crosby. 

The wait and see approach that Ballard stood his ground on has now passed.  Kenny Moore is clearly a leader on the team coming off one of his best career seasons playing a versatile position that demands a lot.  Well liked in the locker room and been the leader on and off the field.  Re-eval Moore has been grossly underpaid as one of the best NCB in the game.  The Colts need to resign him and back pay him his true value after all these years.

If you had a chance to read my earlier post about PFF releasing IDL grades and rankings than add DJ Reader (Bengals) to replace Grover Stewart, DaQuan Jones (Bills) replaces Tyvan Bryan, and Maurice Hurst (Browns) adds depth behind Buckner since Adebawore had the typical rookie struggles last season.  

Cap space-wise I was still around ~17m available in cap space but outside of resigning Kenny Moore the rest hit FA market.   I will have to spend more time calculating salaries again tonight.  The biggest stick shock for me was the projected price on Reader.  His recovery process may impact his market value and injuries may be an issue. Projections 3-year 45-48m contract (15.25 APY) and 25-30m guaranteed.  Well more than I figured Grover Stewart would command around the 10-12.5m range more likely.  

Did see two other possible cap cut candidates that if we have cap space wouldn't mind adding as well.  MLB Demario Davis (Saints), even at 35 years' old he still an upgrade at MLB.  Bring back Nyheim Hines (Bills) as the Colts will need a return specialist and we all should remember Hines was very effective as a pass-catching RB.  Evaluate Hines coming off a torn knee ligament.  Remember lobbying saying we needed to pay Hines and we did under Reich only to trade him to the Bills who never did use Hines in a running back/receiver role.  

Ohio…..

You may have forgotten.   The reason Hines wasn’t used in those rolls this year is because he suffered a bad off-season knee injury while jet skiing and didn’t play all season. 

5 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

You should direct your comment to the utter mediocrity of our LB's in zone coverage, and how much better they were at it than our secondary.

And how can one overlook the lazy, simple defense led under the guise of our HC and his ancient, seemingly bewildered LB, and Secondary coaches.

Something is wrong with our defensive side drafting and "development", so look no further than Ballard, Dodds.