Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fix The Colts - 2024 Team

14 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

I may be in a minority here but a situational pass rusher would be very valuable to this team

When its 3rd and long Huff scares the QBs

On 3rd and long now, the QB has all day

How many times did we give up 3rd and 10 plus??

14 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I tend to agree with you here.  It appears Huff would be a great situational pass rusher.  Third and long for me seemed brutal for the Colts.  He just might be the perfect addition for the line.  

I would love for us to add Huff, but I think he wants to be a starter and spotrac.com has projected him to get $15-16m per year - that's too rich for a situational player I think.

• Like 1

2024 should be about fixing our offense.

Rd 1 Taliese Fuaga  let him play G year 1. Be the backup RT.

Rd 2 T'Vondre Sweat DT

Rd 3 Roman Wilson  WR

Rd 4 MaxMelton CB

Rd 5 Cole Bishop S

We would do well if CB signed a quality FA from the outside.

Ballard/Gus is a losing combination. 

Add veteran corner and safeties trade up for nabers or stay put and get brain Thomas Jr add a cover lb or oline depth in second add cover lb or online in third draft another corner in 4th draft a scattback in 5th or 6thadd another safety in 5th or sixth resign  pittman

On 1/26/2024 at 8:54 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Ohio…..

You may have forgotten.   The reason Hines wasn’t used in those rolls this year is because he suffered a bad off-season knee injury while jet skiing and didn’t play all season. 

I do remember.

Hines name was recently mentioned as a potential cap cut for the Bills.  I still wouldn't mind having him back and not just for return duties as he was dangerous as a WR option for us in the past.  Pending his recovery but the Colts am guessing are not going to resign Mckenzie and not sure want to leave Downs as the primary return man.  Much rather have a second-third string than a starter in the return game.

• Thanks 1

On 1/26/2024 at 9:45 AM, MikeCurtis said:

I also wanted to bring in a FS last year, but I didnt really expect CB to be aggressive 

First off, we were paying QBs last year at a big clip

And in the offseason LAST year...... this team was looking at another disaster of a year

One FA wouldnt have made a difference

THIS year is different (I hope)

We CLEARLY need a DE, FS, LB, CB, and WR in the offseason

We can get a WR and CB that can start day1 in the draft (And be better than what we have today)

I also believe that we might get a FS / LB that can play this year..... in the draft....  But I wouldn't count on it

Latu might be an option in round 1, but he will need to add some weight and it will take 2-3 years to get ready

.... IF he works out  

I could make a case for a DE and a FS in FA and draft what you can

Huff at 15M and a FS at 4-5M

The time IS ticking for a short period of time where we have QB and LT on cheap rookie deals

If we are going to be aggressive...... now is the time

But.... who knows what CB will do

Winfield may very well get franchise tagged. The other dynamic to his stat line was usage as a blitzer which something the Colts defense I didn't think really utilized their FS much.  Bottom line Winfield probably isn't what the Colts need as a best-fit solution.  Final overall cost to sing Winfield also affect our own bottom line to sign players that would truly help. 

I still think the Colts should focus on the defensive line.  Aging depth still like DaQuan Jones to replace Taven Bryan, Maurice Hurst to backup Buckner, and sad to say let Stewart go and replace with DJ Reader but add his former Bengals teammate Edge Carl Lawson (Jets).  All these players are better pass-rushers and run-defenders except Jones whom Stewart barely edged out.  

Looking at the Shrine Bowl practice standouts, Edge Mohamed Kamara (Colorado St) continues to make a name for himself that I have been high on for a while.  Maema Njongmeta (Wisconsin) ILB was another on my draft board continues to display his physical strength/awaerness while dropping back in coverage.  The only question with Njongmeta was why he lost favor with new HC Fickle at Wisconsin.

Moss done well at RB but AJ Dillon is a bigger-better man imo that will help in the run game.  Wouldn't mind adding him in FA. 

Depending on FA and what we do with our first draft pick, FS Calen Bulluck (USC) would be a possibility, LCB/FS Cooper DeJean (Iowa) as the first pick would pass on him either.  FS Jaylin Simpson (Auburn) is another very high possibility.  If we go military and have to defer for a few years as an UDFA check out Trey Taylor (Air Force).  With the emergence of Nick Cross at the end of the season it wouldn't shock me to see Blackmon gone in FA.  Javon Bullard (Georgia) was seen as a true SCB-SS that would be strong in our zone coverage. 

Obviously, plenty of options and different routes we can take and risk of whom might still be on the draft board.  Look what both the Lions and Texans done this year with solid draft classes.  The Colts have their work cut out for them for sure to remain competitive against the Jaguars and Texans.  Not worried YET about the Titans.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OhioColt said:

The Colts have their work cut out for them for sure to remain competitive against the Jaguars and Texans.  Not worried YET about the Titans.

I agree

The Texans have a great QB, The Jags have a great QB

I do believe that we need at least one more offensive weapon

But

The holes are tremendous on the defense

We improved on sacks, but we are near the bottom on putting pressure on the QB

If we take no steps, we will have very long Sundays, watching the Texans and Jags throw the ball around

So far CB has used FA sparingly, bringing in cheap FAs to bolster the middle and bottom of the roster.

I hope he opens up the wallet this year at ONE spot DE 

We will see 

One FA who I would think would be of interest to Ballard is S Jeremy Chinn of the Panthers.  Reminds me of Malik Hookers situation.  Started off looking very promising but has been hampered a little with injuries and is now entering FA.  He’s 6’3” 200 Ibs with playmaking ability.  I wouldn’t think he would be an expensive add and could be the experienced veteran to help the secondary.  Hooker found a nice home in Dallas btw. 

Another player who could fit is WR Darnell Moody of the Bears.  Very fast receiver who can get separation but is kind of stuck in an offense that is not pass oriented with Fields as his quarterback and Flus as his HC. I could see him as a nice addition to the WR room and possibly grabbing the WR1 spot as our speedy deep threat to complement Pittman and Downs.  I don’t think he would be expensive either.  

Both of these players strike me as players Ballard would tend to look at who might not grab any headlines in FA but who would be nice potential veteran upgrades to the roster.  Both young enough to be here for quite awhile if they work out.