Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

College Basketball 2023-24 thread

I'm gonna say.. after getting run around the 3 point line by Bama Ill take the 4 dudes sitting around the 3 point line waiting for the Edey double team.

UConn better not bring one double.. Let Edey score ALL the points on someone his own size for once 😂

18 hours ago, Myles said:

I think the Huskies are too deep and strong for Purdue.  

I really hope the Boilers come out firing on all cylinders, Huskies are relentless. If Edey/Kauffman aren’t can play thier game, and Smith/Loyer/Jones do their thing, with a little bit of Gillis sprinkled in, they can win.

LETS F’N GOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

image.jpeg.aeaea525a8b844019bb4681cdf550743.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Clingon can’t hold edey’s jockstrap. He’s had multiple non-call hacks and fouls on the offensive board. He’ll have 4 with 8 minutes left in this game if the officials will call it as it is. Purdue still yet to shoot a 3. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Clingon can’t hold edey’s jockstrap. He’s had multiple non-call hacks and fouls on the offensive board. He’ll have 4 with 8 minutes left in this game if the officials will call it as it is. Purdue still yet to shoot a 3. 

They finally made a 3. I agree Edey is a lot better than Clingon. He is owning him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They finally made a 3. I agree Edey is a lot better than Clingon. He is owning him. 

they aren’t calling on clingon. At all. When a coach is complaining on the sideline so badly that the commentators are calling him out on it, it’s bad. Hurley has nothing to whine about, his bigs aren’t in foul trouble… they should be

• Like 2

Purdue only making 1 3 isn't going to cut it. They need to make at least 4 or 5 in this 2nd half. Only down 36-30 so it isn't over. Edey has played great. I will say this, Hurley is a big cry baby, never realized it until now. Hell, they are getting away with a lot and he still is crying. Painter hasn't complained once.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Purdue only making 1 3 isn't going to cut it. They need to make at least 4 or 5 in this 2nd half. Only down 36-30 so it isn't over. Edey has played great. I will say this, Hurley is a big cry baby, never realized it until now. Hell, they are getting away with a lot and he still is crying. Painter hasn't complained once.

yeah I don’t like what I see. It’s a manipulation tactic, and it appears to work. But man, I’m never rewarding that as a ref. I’m making a point to shut him up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

yeah I don’t like what I see. It’s a manipulation tactic, and it appears to work. But man, I’m never rewarding that as a ref. I’m making a point to shut him up. 

This Clingon guy has fouled Edey numerous times when Edey has shot his hook, and nothing called. Complete garbage. 

• Like 2

Great guard play by UConn. Experience versus non experience. Purdue needs the talent at guard they are getting in this coming recruiting class, and they need the experience the young guys are getting tonight. Wish edey would have been as effective as he was at the start, but didn’t get much help. 

uconn made some wild shots, which really put it out of reach. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Clingan has 1 Foul, how is that possible? Every game Edey has played in, the other player always gets in foul trouble.

Lol it took 50 mins four our center to both foul out... Who wouldve thought. 2 centers fouling out against Purdue.. and they will be lucky to lose by less than 20 

Just now, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Yeah because we didn't have to double the big guy

That’s on manipulation of the foul sheet later part of the first half. Counted 3 fouls that weren’t called on clingan. 

not that it would have mattered, because guard play was the difference. But Clingan didn’t hold his weight at all tonight. Neither did the rest of the boilers. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

That’s on manipulation of the foul sheet later part of the first half. Counted 3 fouls that weren’t called on clingan. 

not that it would have mattered, because guard play was the difference. But Clingan didn’t hold his weight at all tonight. Neither did the rest of the boilers. 

He played some good defense but just let up because of fouls.. that was brutal but from the last 5 games I watch Purdue I should've known.. but they were absolutely gonna let edey do whatever as long as the other dudes didn't hit threes. Every team had to double so edey could kick it out

Newton was the difference but the REFS let UConn get away with everything in the 1st half. Clingan didn't impress me at all and should have been called for 3 fouls within the 1st 7 or 8 minutes. He was hacking Edey and got away with it early. Purdue deserves blame for losing because of making only 1 3. That is unacceptable.

• Like 1

That was horrible in so many ways. Edey couldn’t do it all by himself, guard play just flat out sucked. UConn was relentless, Purdue couldn’t hang. 

Hats off to UConn….Proud of my Boilers to make it this far, complete turnaround from last year, just ran out of gas.

My God this UConn coach is an obnoxious tool.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

He played some good defense but just let up because of fouls.. that was brutal but from the last 5 games I watch Purdue I should've known.. but they were absolutely gonna let edey do whatever as long as the other dudes didn't hit threes. Every team had to double so edey could kick it out

Good strategy. They have the guards to do it. Take two guys and 9 fouls and limit edey to just under 40 points and keep the guards from matching his 40. 

2 minutes ago, HOZER said:

That was horrible in so many ways. Edey couldn’t do it all by himself, guard play just flat out sucked. UConn was relentless, Purdue couldn’t hang. 

Hats off to UConn….Proud of my Boilers to make it this far, complete turnaround from last year, just ran out of gas.

My God this UConn coach is an obnoxious tool.

I have never had an opinion on Hurley before, but he showed his true colors tonight. To me he came off like an entitled crybaby whining about calls when things were going his way and then in winning it all sounded obnoxious. He is no Coach K or Bobby Knight, Bobby would slap him upside the head and our 1976 team went undefeated. Go undefeated and give me a call Mr. Hurley. Actually our 1987 team that only lost 3 games would take UConn to the cleaners with Alford, Smart, and Garrett. 

• Like 1

Reading recap of how Dan Hurley turned Iu fans into Purdue fans last night with his sideline antics. 😂 

I doubt that he cares, because it’s obviously who he is. But man, how embarrassing for a 51 year old professional. 

• Like 1

I didn't bet on this game. Almost went for Purdue, but glad I decided against. It sounds like I didn't miss much by not watching the game. 

Not familiar with U Conn coach Dan Hurley. Is he like the male version of Kim Mulkey? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

I didn't bet on this game. Almost went for Purdue, but glad I decided against. It sounds like I didn't miss much by not watching the game. 

Not familiar with U Conn coach Dan Hurley. Is he like the male version of Kim Mulkey? 

You didn't miss much. Purdue hung tough in the 1st half but relied on the big guy way too much. They weren't shooting 3s at all either and that killed them. In this day and age, if a team makes one 3, you aren't beating Humpty Dumpty and his 4 friends. In a game like that, Steve Alford alone would have made 3 or 4 3s.

College Basketball was at its best from 1976-1996 (the golden era) because players back then stayed 3 or 4 years on average on 1 team. Examples are IU in 1976 and 1987, North Carolina in 1982, Georgetown in 1984, Duke in 1992, and Kentucky in 1996. Those teams had pro players playing for them before they were pro's. In todays game, it is rare for anyone to stay for 4 years is why one can't really say that this UConn team is one of the best all-time.

12 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Worst officiating in a championship game I’ve ever seen. Complete manipulation of the foul sheet. 

I agree.  All season the refs called fouls that they did not last night.  UConn had the big guards who were allowed to play overly physical.  

• Like 1