Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

3 Colts Legends Make the Semifinal Round for the 2024 Hall of Fame

sb41champs

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Bob Sanders will be next and deservedly so. I have been on Irsay's case to get this done but I doubt he reads what we post, maybe he does? He is a big social media guy. Not having Bob in isn't right, he was a big reason why we won the SB we did, and he is the only Colt in NFL history to win DPOY. The ovation he would get would be unreal! 

Back to Andrew, give it 2 more years and I think things will be fine. The way he retired (timing of it) just made a lot of people dislike him. I still love the guy for what he gave the franchise even though I was mad at the timing of his retirement.

Making it to the playoffs and advancing will help take some of the sting away of Luck retiring.  It’s amazing how much better winning again will make everyone feel.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Bob Sanders will be next and deservedly so. I have been on Irsay's case to get this done but I doubt he reads what we post, maybe he does? He is a big social media guy. Not having Bob in isn't right, he was a big reason why we won the SB we did, and he is the only Colt in NFL history to win DPOY. The ovation he would get would be unreal! 

Back to Andrew, give it 2 more years and I think things will be fine. The way he retired (timing of it) just made a lot of people dislike him. I still love the guy for what he gave the franchise even though I was mad at the timing of his retirement.

What if (no, I don't wish this!) Jim dies before Andrew get into the ROH?  Do you think he goes in right away or a few years after Jim himself gets there (would that even happen?  An owner in the ROH??).

37 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

What if (no, I don't wish this!) Jim dies before Andrew get into the ROH?  Do you think he goes in right away or a few years after Jim himself gets there (would that even happen?  An owner in the ROH??).

If Jim Passed away, I think he would go in right away and understandably so. He won a SB for a small market team which is rare so that accolade gets him in, + his daughters would put him in. The only Colts as of now that I can think of that belong that aren't in are Bob Sanders, Andrew, and if Jim did pass away. His dad Robert Irsay is in, so Jim belongs and hopefully it is just by retirement if it happens. 

• Thanks 1

Indianapolis Colts ROH in order when inducted:

Robert Irsay

Bill Brooks

Ted Marchibroda

Chris Hinton

Jim Harbaugh

Tony Dungy

Marvin Harrison

Edge James

Eric Dickerson

Marshall Faulk

Jeff Saturday

Bill Polian

Peyton Manning

Reggie Wayne

Dwight Freeney

Robert Mathis

Tarik Glenn

Bob Sanders, Andrew Luck, and eventually Jim Irsay will get in and should. Adam Vinatieri should make it as well, JMO. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree with almost everything you say here. Except I think it will take a little longer than 2 years for Luck to get in the ROH. The timing of his retirement may not be entirely his fault (Colts likely asking him wait on the decision to retire in the hope he’d change his mind) but it has hurt the team for years. Get this team back to consistently contending and the sting of the post Luck years will be in the rear view mirror. Until then…. no ROH. 
Bob Sanders, on the other hand, should already be up there. Hope that happens soon. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Robert Irsay

Bill Brooks

Ted Marchibroda

Chris Hinton

Jim Harbaugh

Tony Dungy

Marvin Harrison

Edge James

Eric Dickerson

Marshall Faulk

Jeff Saturday

Bill Polian

Peyton Manning

Reggie Wayne

Dwight Freeney

Robert Mathis

Tarik Glenn

Bob Sanders, Andrew Luck, and eventually Jim Irsay will get in and should. Adam Vinatieri should make it as well, JMO. 

I was not a Colts fan and didn’t really follow football when Harbaugh was here.  Was he really that good for the Colts or were expectations so low in the mid 90’s?  I’ve actually wondered this a few times. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ArmchairQB said:

I was not a Colts fan and didn’t really follow football when Harbaugh was here.  Was he really that good for the Colts or were expectations so low in the mid 90’s?  I’ve actually wondered this a few times. 

1995 was a special season - that is what got Jim in. We technically won the AFC that year and it was due to Harbaugh with his comeback wins. I say technically because the REFS screwed us. Pitt scored a TD where a WR stepped out of bounds right in front of the REF - he was looking right at, then the WR came back in and caught a TD, we lost by 4 points. There were 2 or 3 other calls in that game that were outrageous as well that went against us but before I get accused of saying the REFS alter games, I will zip it. Anyone with common sense knows he we got screwed until the Cows starting Mooing Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV. League wanted Dallas vs Pitt, 2 great franchises to revive the 70's rivalry. I am not alone in thinking this. That was 1 time, I was glad Dallas won, Pitt and their REFS wasn't cheating Troy, Emmitt, and Michael lmao . They met their match against that team.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ArmchairQB said:

Harbaugh doesn’t belong in a ring of honor. The Colts were so bad from 1978 through the 80’s they were desperate to add people. Harbaugh couldn’t keep Don Majkowski on the bench in 1994. The Colts went and signed Craig Erickson in 1995. He stunk and got benched. Harbaugh and a good Indy defense had a magical season. Lindy Infante and Ted Marchibroda did a great job teaching him to be a better QB. 

For a year and a half, Harbaugh played real good football.  He stunk in 1997. Held the ball too long. Took a bunch of sacks. He wasn’t going to throw receivers open. He needed WIDE OPEN receivers.  By the end of the year you could argue Paul Justin was more effective. 

1995 was a magical season though and they were one play away from the Super Bowl multiple times in the AFC Championship. In 1996 they beat the defending champs too. Most of us believe they would have beat Dallas. 

Don’t get me going on Bob Irsay being up there.  That is an embarrassment.  Even more than some of the banners they chose to hang. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

1995 was a special season - that is what got Jim in. We technically won the AFC that year and it was due to Harbaugh with his comeback wins. I say technically because the REFS screwed us. Pitt scored a TD where a WR stepped out of bounds right in front of the REF - he was looking right at, then the WR came back in and caught a TD, we lost by 4 points. There were 2 or 3 other calls in that game that were outrageous as well that went against us but before I get accused of saying the REFS alter games, I will zip it. Anyone with common sense knows he we got screwed until the Cows starting Mooing Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV. League wanted Dallas vs Pitt, 2 great franchises to revive the 70's rivalry. I am not alone in thinking this. That was 1 time, I was glad Dallas won, Pitt and their REFS wasn't cheating Troy, Emmitt, and Michael lmao . They met their match against that team.

I recall the one bad call where Kordell Stewart ran out of the back of the endzone and came back in to catch the TD.  I believe the ref even moved back a step to allow him to do so. 

Coryatt dropped an interception that would have won the game.  Lamont Warren went down on a shoestring tackle on 3rd and 1 that would have sealed the game. He had a hole you could drive a truck through. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

I recall the one bad call where Kordell Stewart ran out of the back of the endzone and came back in to catch the TD.  I believe the ref even moved back a step to allow him to do so. 

Coryatt dropped an interception that would have won the game.  Lamont Warren went down on a shoestring tackle on 3rd and 1 that would have sealed the game. He had a hole you could drive a truck through. 

Yeah it was Stewart, clearly out and right in front of the REF. That was a gigantic momentum changer and gave them 7 points. 

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Robert Irsay

Bill Brooks

Ted Marchibroda

Chris Hinton

Jim Harbaugh

Tony Dungy

Marvin Harrison

Edge James

Eric Dickerson

Marshall Faulk

Jeff Saturday

Bill Polian

Peyton Manning

Reggie Wayne

Dwight Freeney

Robert Mathis

Tarik Glenn

Luck won’t make the hall of fame. Sorry. Just lacks the longevity or major wins to even sniff the nomination.

Andre Johnson in before Reggie Wayne is a crying butt shame. Reggie has better stats and two Super Bowl appearances, one ring. Multiple playoff games. Andre doesn’t. Not sure how the committee allowed that to happen.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ArmchairQB said:

He was the winningest QB we had from 1984 to 1998. But he honestly was more like Minshew, above average but not great. 1995 was a heck of a season and two very bad ref calls and missed calls screwed the colts from winning. A Steelers WR ran two feet out of bounds, all along the side lines in the white, came back in and caught a 50+ yard bomb that set up the Steelers go ahead TD. All on 3rd and long. Should have been a penalty and not a catch. 

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

Luck won’t make the hall of fame. Sorry. Just lacks the longevity or major wins to even sniff the nomination.

Andre Johnson in before Reggie Wayne is a crying butt shame. Reggie has better stats and two Super Bowl appearances, one ring. Multiple playoff games. Andre doesn’t. Not sure how the committee allowed that to happen.

Who said anything about Luck making the Hall of Fame? I said ROH, Mr Peter Griffin Homer Simpson Reaction GIF.

23 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Luck will be in the ROH eventually, and deservedly so. 

I’ll Agree to disagree. Otherwise, we’ll end up in the same boat as always, debating the same points and detailing a thread. I respect your opinion, I have no qualms with it. However, I don’t agree and neither of us is going to change the others mind.  Have a wonderful weekend my friend

54 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I’ll Agree to disagree. Otherwise, we’ll end up in the same boat as always, debating the same points and detailing a thread. I respect your opinion, I have no qualms with it. However, I don’t agree and neither of us is going to change the others mind.  Have a wonderful weekend my friend

It won’t happen until colts are winning playoff games again and possibly a SB.  That’s the only way fans finally get past Luck.