Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

French Recognition

compuls1v3

He played okay.  He had one really bad snap.  A lot of pressure for Gardner was coming right up the gut and the Colts ground game was more behind between the guards and tackles than normal but that might have had more to do with who the Bucs have in the middle.  His PFF grade reflects him being okay and a big down grade from Kelly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

I think @John Hammonds has been a big supporter, and I'd like to say French has done a great job filling in for Kelly.  Against one of the best run defenses, helped rush for close to 145yds.

I know myself and 1959colts have always liked Wesley, he seems to be improving the more he plays. Lack of power more the technique has been the issue and still his main weakness. With Kelly likely gone after this season he appears to be the in house front runner to start (Pinter may challenge if he comes back healthy).

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

I think @John Hammonds has been a big supporter, and I'd like to say French has done a great job filling in for Kelly.  Against one of the best run defenses, helped rush for close to 145yds.

Seriously you are jesting.  He is way below average for his position.  He has a long way to go to be even considered for a starting role.  He’s only getting to play because Pinter is out.  Actually I could see us drafting a center to replace Kelly.  I think he might retire after this year.  His wife has to be worried about all of his concussions.  This year I want Kelly back asap.  French is not ready for prime time on a every day basis.

49 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Seriously you are jesting.  He is way below average for his position.  He has a long way to go to be even considered for a starting role.  He’s only getting to play because Pinter is out.  Actually I could see us drafting a center to replace Kelly.  I think he might retire after this year.  His wife has to be worried about all of his concussions.  This year I want Kelly back asap.  French is not ready for prime time on an every day basis.

I agree if Kelly isn’t back next year the Colts will either draft a center or snag one in free agency.  

28 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

Encouraging comments on French.  Pulling for him.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

He played okay.  He had one really bad snap.  A lot of pressure for Gardner was coming right up the gut and the Colts ground game was more behind between the guards and tackles than normal but that might have had more to do with who the Bucs have in the middle.  His PFF grade reflects him being okay and a big down grade from Kelly.

Whatever PFF says - French passed the eye test, IMO.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Happy2BeHere said:

I came in this thread because it said French recognition…but everyone is speaking English here…:sarcasm:

Comment of the day right there!

On a sidenote……have you noticed that no broadcast team has taken advantage of French Fries lined up next to each other. They will babble on about a former TE turned OT or a bball player now playing TE…..but they’ve literally missed an easy layup every game!

• Like 1

French Kiss, French Fries, French Onion, French Braid, French Horn, French Dressing, French Vanilla, French Toast, French Press, French Twist, French Bread.....

I am sure I missed something, fill in the blanks...this should be enough French Recognition :) 

8 hours ago, compuls1v3 said:

My fault.  I thought that was you. He played well in all his starts this year,  including against the Ravens, and the Buccaneers. 

No, no, I've been on record saying that French shouldn't be playing At All.  If you're looking for the Anti-French guy in the bunch, I'm your guy.  :D 

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

French Kiss, French Fries, French Onion, French Braid, French Horn, French Dressing, French Vanilla, French Toast, French Press, French Twist, French Bread.....

I am sure I missed something, fill in the blanks...this should be enough French Recognition :) 

French Lick?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, richard pallo said:

This makes me think they are trying to make him a center.

https://www.colts.com/team/players-roster/wesley-french/

Biography

COLLEGE:

Saw action in 39 games (23 starts) at Western Michigan (2015-20) along the offensive and defensive lines.

He earned starts at left tackle (13), center (six) and nose guard (four).

French compiled 22 tackles (13 solo) and 1.5 tackles for loss.

In 2021, he started all 13 games at left tackle.

Started all six games at center in 2020 and helped Western Michigan rank in the top-10 in the nation in points per game (41.7).

He was named CoSIDA Academic All-District accolades.

Did not see game action in 2019 after suffering a foot injury.

In 2018, he appeared in 13 games (four starts) and tallied 22 tackles (13 solo) and 1.5 tackles for loss.

Earned Academic All-MAC honors.

Appeared in three games in 2017 and didn't register any statistics.

In 2016, he saw action in four games and didn't record any statistics.

Did not see game action in the 2015 season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1