Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Shaq gets in-game tribute today

NewColtsFan

57 minutes ago, IinD said:

Anyone have the full tribute? Was just curious because they only showed Leonard waving from his suite.

Nothing from the actual tribute. Would like to see the clips they put together for his tribute.

Nit sure there were actual clips?   Might’ve been?   I was watching and suddenly there was Shaq and his family in a suite and crowd reaction shots.   There might’ve been more….    Not sure.  

Either way, so glad the Colts did this. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Nit sure there were actual clips?   Might’ve been?   I was watching and suddenly there was Shaq and his family in a suite and crowd reaction shots.   There might’ve been more….    Not sure.  

Either way, so glad the Colts did this. 

I was at the game.  It was awesome.

Here's a little clip from the four letter network:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38985108/recently-cut-lb-shaquille-leonard-gets-tribute-colts

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, John Hammonds said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38985108/recently-cut-lb-shaquille-leonard-gets-tribute-colts

I imagine the Colts will release the whole video shortly.(this week sometime)

That was pretty much the end of the tribute and then showing him.

• Like 2

Another thing that it showed was how much the players love Jim and that's something I've always loved.

Regardless of what he might say or his occasional drama headline (JT drama this past summer), players love him and he usually treats old Colts with respect.

He parties with Edge who probably literally grew up on the other spectrum of life. Keeps guys like Reggie (now) and guys like Thorton around forever. Kept Jeff and gave him a head coaching shot (regardless if you think it was a tank job)Patty loves him, I've heard tons of great convos/stories about him from D.Free, Mathis, Peyton etc..

It was a cool moment today especially in the cutthroat world of sports. Leonard and his family looked like they had a great time and that was awesome. Irsay gets credit for that.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

Was there as well. The crowd was loud on Tampa's 3rd and 4th down attempts, but I think the cheers for Leonard were the loudest it was all game. Have to admit I got a little emotional when he and his family were on the big screen.

• Like 2

One thing about the Colts - a player that has represented the Shoe is rarely just a number, they take care of their own. From Peyton’s 2011 contract money to Freeney’s last year in Pagano’s system to giving Edge a SB ring to not cutting ties with Andrew even though he put us in a difficult spot, they’ve been kind to those that served them well and a decade or two later, that’s what they will remember the Colts most for.

Contracts are short term, the legacy of players’ treatment is definitely long term and it’s not lost on the Colts. Hats off to them for being consistent there and having a great legacy most fans can be proud of. 🫡

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Dark Superman said:

Damn, that makes me happy knowing he attended the game and got to see how appreciated and loved he is in Indianapolis. I wish they could get Andrew Luck to a game and do the same for him. He deserves it more than anyone.

Too soon. Way too soon. Maybe , maybe if AR turns out to be a wise choice and we’re back to winning, until then, Irsay won’t risk the boos that would be forthcoming. 

Just now, NFLfan said:

That is wonderful. Very classy move on the part of everyone -- Leonard, the team and the fans.

Agreed, I can’t wait to see the video. 

deep down, part of me wonders if Leonard comes back , albeit on a smaller contract. It’d be a shrewd move by Ballard for sure and not sure I’d want it to happen but weirder things have occurred

• Like 1

5 hours ago, csmopar said:

Too soon. Way too soon. Maybe , maybe if AR turns out to be a wise choice and we’re back to winning, until then, Irsay won’t risk the boos that would be forthcoming. 

Too soon? It's been over four years and the only reason the fans reacted the way they did was because of Adam Schefter breaking the news during the final preseason game. Trust me, the day Andrew Luck shows up during a Colts game for his induction into the ring of honor that place is going to explode in cheers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dark Superman said:

Too soon? It's been over four years and the only reason the fans reacted the way they did was because of Adam Schefter breaking the news during the final preseason game. Trust me, the day Andrew Luck shows up during a Colts game for his induction into the ring of honor that place is going to explode in cheers.

Yes too soon. Go look at any Luck thread, here, Facebook, Reddit, etc, over half the response are people still upset over it. Guarantee the boos would be plenty loud enough to be heard. 

now, give it a few years and have AR play lights out and erase some of the burn, then yeah, maybe.

furthermore, until the entire 2006 team is lifted into the RoH, Luck nor anyone else since 2012, should be in it.