Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC South and AFC Playoff picture/ Remaining Schedules (MERGE) Updated OP + on page 61 - post week 17. AFC Clinching Scenarios page 61

w87r

The best case scenario for me would be winning the South at 10-7 and then a WC team beats KC in the 1st round of the playoffs by kicking a GW FG.  I want to see the camera zoom in on the sad reactions of Mahomes wife Brittany and Taylor Swift after the FG is made.  Then I won't have to see them or hear about them until next season.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I messed up. Lol

In week 18, I want there to be a bunch of 9-7 teams heading into Sunday.  I want to see a tv screen that has multiple split images of the reactions of NFL fans as several teams are eliminated within a span of 90 seconds.  A playoff contender misses a GW FG, gets eliminated, and their fans cry while the other teams fans rejoice as their teams are still alive.  About 30 seconds later, another team makes a GW FG and eliminates another team...and so on.  The final dagger occurs when the Jags lose to Tenn and the script is flipped from last year's finale - Indy is down by 24-17, scores a TD with seconds left and decides to go for 2...winning it 25-24.  A lot of Antacid would be sold that evening in Houston.    

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

they have panthers just in time to get right. 

Yup and while today was so crazy in the AFC the Bills were lucky to escape with a win against the Chargers last night.  As bad as we looked today we have as good a chance as any of the teams if not better.  Hopefully getting Pittman and Smith back along with playing at home will do the trick.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Yup and while today was so crazy in the AFC the Bills were lucky to escape with a win against the Chargers last night.  As bad as we looked today we have as good a chance as any of the teams if not better.  Hopefully getting Pittman and Smith back along with playing at home will do the trick.

Seeing Pittman in shades does not have me confident he will be back. Smith is so important. If he does not play they need to bench Freeland. Pats did beat bills already lol.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

This sounds like a team that is collapsing and a complete mess.  Pederson could lose his job if they don’t make it.

I hope Peterson keeps that job. He is not doing that bad of a job. Injuries hit that team pretty good.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Seeing Pittman in shades does not have me confident he will be back. Smith is so important. If he does not play they need to bench Freeland. Pats did beat bills already lol.

Pittman was close to playing.  I have to think he will make it this time. The vast majority take Smith for granted.  He is really good and we miss him.  Hopefully this week.  If not it’s Jared time.  Have to do something.

• Like 1

Just now, richard pallo said:

Pittman was close to playing.  I have to think he will make it this time. The vast majority take Smith for granted.  He is really good and we miss him.  Hopefully this week.  If not it’s Jared time.  Have to do something.

He cleared and had a relapse.  Having shades means he is probably still having symptoms. 

7-3 Broncos at the half.

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He cleared and had a relapse.  Having shades means he is probably still having symptoms. 

7-3 Broncos at the half.

Having shade’s could also mean they are being cautious.  Either way I think he has an extra week with no plane rides.  I’m feeling good about his chances.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

Having shade’s could also mean they are being cautious.  Either way I think he has an extra week with no plane rides.  I’m feeling good about his chances.

I hope so. 

This is me just talking. But there is still some Reich stank in the colts locker room with these guys not being able to win important games. Steichen still has some work to do to get these guys believing they are good and deserve to be a playoff contender.

11 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

7-3 Broncos at the half.

Or they are being cautious.  If he cleared this week until the play ride I like his chances to clear with another week and no plane ride this time.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It’s good if broncos lose this game but it will make me nervous we could be closer to a 2 way tie by end of season. This season has been weird so I don’t want to count Bengals out. Especially with possibility of browns sitting players the last game.

This is a crazy game.

Not too worried about the 2 way tie. Pretty confident in the Bengals losing another game.

Who knows this might move back to 9-8 getting last spot...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, w87r said:

This is a crazy game.

Not too worried about the 2 way tie. Pretty confident in the Bengals losing another game.

Right but then that means colts can’t lose. Chiefs haven’t looked great. 

Something up watch tomorrow if raiders upset chiefs is then the colts game is even bigger.

Just now, JediXMan said:

With the way Zappe is playing who knows about the Bills game lol.

Patriots already beat bills once. Bills are on a mission so I don’t see it.

• Like 1

• w87r changed the title to AFC South and AFC Playoff picture/ Remaining Schedules (MERGE) Updated OP + on page 42 - post Sunday 4pm games week 16
On 11/19/2023 at 8:07 PM, w87r said:

Updated Week 16 Standings:

* - Still to play

x - clinched playoffs 

AFC South Standings:

Jags 8-7, 4-1, 6-5(Panthers, @Titans)

Colts 8-7 , 3-2, 6-4(Raiders, Texans)

Texans 8-7, 2-2, 5-5(Titans, @Colts)

Titans 5-10, 0-4, 3-7(@Texans, Jaguars)

AFC Playoff Picture:

x-1. Ravens 11-3, 3-2, 7-3, .520, .506 (@49ers, Dolphins, Steelers)

x-2. Dolphins 11-4, 4-1, 7-3, .393, .321 (@Ravens, Bills)

*3. Chiefs 9-5, 3-1, 7-2, .495, .444 (Raiders, Bengals, @Chargers)

4. Jaguars 8-7, 4-1, 6-5, .577, .509 (Panthers, @Titans)

5. Browns 10-5, 3-2, 6-3, .536, .524 (Jets, @Bengals)

6. Bills 9-6, 2-2, 5-5, .495, .500 (Patriots, @Dolphins)

7. Colts 8-7, 3-2, 6-4, .485, .429 (Raiders, Texans)

Still in the Hunt:

8. Texans 8-7, 2-2, 5-5, .469, .464 (Titans, @Colts)

9. Steelers 8-7, 4-1, 6-5, .520, .531 (@Seahawks, @Ravens)

10. Bengals 8-7, 0-5, 3-7, .561, .527 (@Chiefs, Browns)

11. Broncos 7-7, 2-2, 4-5, .515, .500 (Patriots, Chargers, @Raiders)

*12. Raiders 6-8, 2-2, 4-5, .469, .369 (@Chiefs, @Colts, Broncos)

Updated OP post 4pm games 

Dolphins clinched playoffs 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

I think 9-8 gets us in because would be 7-5 in conference.

Yeah if it falls all the way back to 9-8, I feel confident it would probably go to us, even greater chance of 3 or more tied there. (As long as our win is against the Texans.

It's a real possibility too.

Let's just say the Bills have the #6(hypothetically)

That would leave the:

Colts 1-1

Texans 1-1

Bengals 1-1

Steelers 1-1

Broncos 2-1(if they lose tonight)

Or just any of the 3 for that matter. Very real possibility it gets back to 9-8.

Hopefully we just win out and not worry about it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, w87r said:

This is a crazy game.

As long as we beat the Texans, we have a good shot.  Assuming the Broncos lose, that is.  9-8 might do it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Does anyone have the answer if colts are 9-7 and Texans are 8-8 going into week 18 and Texans win. Who gets tiebreaker.

We would have the better conference record.

For them to be at 8-8 coming into game means they lost to titans, which would make us have same record, same division record, split H2H.

So down to conference, we would have 5 losses they would have 6.

• Like 1

Just now, w87r said:

We would have the better conference record.

For them to be at 8-8 coming into game means they lost to titans, which would make us have same record, same division record, split H2H.

So down to conference, we would have 5 losses they would have 6.

Yeah I think titans could beat them. It’s in Houston so we will see if stroud is back.

Broncos scored. Could be down to one procession.