Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 NFL Weekly Pick'em Games: Week 10

chad72

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

I swear, it’s some team for everyone.

I am never able to get the Ravens right 2 games in a row 

Falcons-Cards, Texans-Bengals, Lions-Chargers, Browns-Ravens, Commanders-Seahawks ALL OF THOSE decided today by 3 points or less. So was Bears-Panthers.

If you extend it to 4, include Patriots-Colts w/ Packers-Steelers too, making it 8 games decided by 4 or less this week. 

Make that 9 games decided by 4 or less this week. That is why it is going to get harder and harder to win 2 out of every 3 games moving forward for the AFC North teams and 1 out of every 2 games for all the wild card playoff fringe teams like the Colts. Teams get desperate as November and December come around.

• Like 1

Current standings going into Monday Night:

@chad7296-53

@2006Coltsbestever95-54, (1 back)

@EasyE95-54, (1 back)

@Moe92-57, (4 back)

@Chrisaaron102390-59, (6 back)

@w87r90-59, (6 back)

@VikingsFanInChennai88-61, (8 back)

@RollerColt85-64, (11 back)

@coltsva84-65, (12 back)

@Solid8474-43 - Honorable Mention. Can't qualify for the Trophy because he missed the 1st 2 weeks. 

This looks correct and everyone took the Bills tonight. Between Chad, EasyE, and myself it is real close. Everyone is picking pretty good.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@RollerColtlook at the bright side, through 10 weeks you are not in the lead for taking home the Toilet Trophy (last place), Toilet Bathroom GIF-that is a nice looking Trophy actually lmao .happy homer simpson GIF- So far Chad has me by 1 game so he is in the lead for this = First Place Shopping GIF by Target

Meh, give me another couple weeks to screw up and I'll be back down there. 

You know what I'm totally kicking * in right now though? Fantasy. I'm now 9-1. And that's with all of my top players on a bye. I noticed Dak was just sitting in free agency so I took him a few weeks ago, mainly just to keep others from taking him. Then after the myriad of injuries to the Texan WRs I grabbed Noah Brown and tossed him into my WR2 slot. That dude netted me 25 points!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

You know what I'm totally kicking * in right now though? Fantasy. I'm now 9-1. And that's with all of my top players on a bye. I noticed Dak was just sitting in free agency so I took him a few weeks ago, mainly just to keep others from taking him. Then after the myriad of injuries to the Texan WRs I grabbed Noah Brown and tossed him into my WR2 slot. That dude netted me 25 points!

I used to play Fantasy Football every year = from 2014-2019 seasons. I started in 2014 when someone wanted me to do it. Same group of guys, towards the end we had a couple of different people in a 12-man league. It was through Yahoo. I won my league in 2018 with Andrew Luck as my QB, I also had Hopkins that year. I was killing it. Luck and Hopkins were chewing up the league statistically. We quit playing once Covid hit in 2020. I consider that one of my best accomplishments regarding outsmarting 11 other people and they took it real serious. Some people think I am serious about our picks in here, I am to a point but is also fun, but those guys that were doing Fantasy would talk crap, study the game on their laptops constantly, etc.. It was comical. They took serious to a whole different level Serious Denzel Washington GIF.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I used to play Fantasy Football every year = from 2014-2019 seasons. I started in 2014 when someone wanted me to do it. Same group of guys, towards the end we had a couple of different people in a 12-man league. It was through Yahoo. I won my league in 2018 with Andrew Luck as my QB, I also had Hopkins that year. I was killing it. Luck and Hopkins were chewing up the league statistically. We quit playing once Covid hit in 2020. I consider that one of my best accomplishments regarding outsmarting 11 other people and they took it real serious. Some people think I am serious about our picks in here, I am to a point but is also fun, but those guys that were doing Fantasy would talk crap, study the game on their laptops constantly, etc.. It was comical. They took serious to whole different level Serious Denzel Washington GIF

Sounds exactly like my league. They'll spend every waking minute tinkering with their rosters throughout the week, leading up to the final minutes before kickoff.

Most of them look at me like I'm a joke, but out of all of them, little do they know, I'm the only one who's played football all the way from middle school to college AND coached it. I know talent when I see it. They've been pretty quiet this year LOL...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Sounds exactly like my league. They'll spend every waking minute tinkering with their rosters throughout the week, leading up to the final minutes before kickoff.

Most of them look at me like I'm a joke, but out of all of them, little do they know, I'm the only one who's played football all the way from middle school to college AND coached it. I know talent when I see it. They've been pretty quiet this year LOL...

Good luck, maybe you will take the trophy home. I did once. Now you know where I got the Toilet Trophy from too haha . I never actually won that. We had a regular trophy every year and a small toilet trophy for the Toilet Bowl Championship. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Good luck, maybe you will take the trophy home. I did once. Now you know where I got the Toilet Trophy from too haha . I never actually won that. We had a regular trophy every year and a small toilet trophy for the Toilet Bowl Championship. 

Thanks, to me it's not too big of a deal. Half the time I forget to even check my fantasy to be honest. Although now that HS football season is officially over I do have more time on my hands... 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

When we would draft in the league I was in, everyone would meet up at a bar and get the space reserved. Everyone would have their laptops out and their friends telling them who to pick, etc.. It was a like a draft war room. I still can't get over how funny that was Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV. The year I won, I beat the guy that won it the year before by like .5 points in the final game. He thought I cheated somehow and was about explode after he lost lmao . I would never do any trades either, that used to eat people up. Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@RollerColtlook at the bright side, through 10 weeks you are not in the lead for taking home the Toilet Trophy (last place), Toilet Bathroom GIF-that is a nice looking Trophy actually lmao . So far Chad has me by 1 game so he is in the lead for this = 

I'd take the toilet as trophy.. :goodluck: but why does the image look like it's throwing up?!

33 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Congrats... I have Dak in 2 QB league, he's been lame in recent years but something sparked him this season to play better, I think that drubbing they got from SF made him play with some juice that hasn't been seen in him since his rookie year. Noah brown is killing it, was he injured early in the season? He's played only 4 games or so, or they didn't utilize him at all until the Bye week or so.

I play in two Yahoo leagues with Vikings fans and this year I've started playing with Colts forum guys in ESPN where I've come out of 1-3 start to top 3 in last couple of weeks. It's fun if you don't spend too much energy into it, as the more you are into it the more the chances of getting frustrated. Like in the 2 QB draft, I prioritized RBs over QB and my top RB picks Chubb and Jones are injured all season, but that's how it goes. You play for the fun and how you get to handle different adversities throughout the season. 

• Like 2

Just now, coltsva said:

Don’t worry RollerColt, I’ve got your back on this. 

You've just had some bad breaks, you'll be back in the swing of things in the following weeks!

26 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I'd take the toilet as trophy.. :goodluck: but why does the image look like it's throwing up?!

Congrats... I have Dak in 2 QB league, he's been lame in recent years but something sparked him this season to play better, I think that drubbing they got from SF made him play with some juice that hasn't been seen in him since his rookie year. Noah brown is killing it, was he injured early in the season? He's played only 4 games or so, or they didn't utilize him at all until the Bye week or so.

I play in two Yahoo leagues with Vikings fans and this year I've started playing with Colts forum guys in ESPN where I've come out of 1-3 start to top 3 in last couple of weeks. It's fun if you don't spend too much energy into it, as the more you are into it the more the chances of getting frustrated. Like in the 2 QB draft, I prioritized RBs over QB and my top RB picks Chubb and Jones are injured all season, but that's how it goes. You play for the fun and how you get to handle different adversities throughout the season. 

Yep, I try not to get too invested into fantasy because at the end of the day it's mostly luck. Anything can happen to any player, really. 

Brown was indeed injured for a bit I think, but mostly he's just been overshadowed by Dell and Collins. With Stroud you honestly can't go wrong with any of those receivers. Someone's going to get the ball lol... 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Lot of things are a roll of the dice in FF. You put your best foot forward but sometimes it doesn't work out. Been there, done that. Won in different leagues, lost in different leagues.

You see your WR go down on the 1 yard line for the RB to cash it in, you curse your luck. You see a guy you don't want to get 13 points on MNF get a big bomb for 71 yards to give him 13.1 points to beat you, and never catch a pass again.

You have 59 minutes go well in a game and Tony Romo chokes and throws a pick in the last minute to give Alfred Morris 40 plus points to beat you and your 30 plus point lead in improbabilistic fashion on SNF even when you have a WR and kicker give you 7 points in the same game. This probably will never happen again in my FF lifetime, hopefully.

Then, I was also having Justin Tucker down by 20 points in a game where Tucker kicks a 61 yarder vs Detroit Lions on MNF to give me a 1 point win in an FF semis with the kicker scoring 21 points, never will happen again in my FF lifetime. 

It did require you to know about a lot of teams and matchups, was taking away from family time. So I quit it for good. Good luck!!! I let it ruin my nights sometimes and it becomes less fun if you take it too seriously. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

Lot of things are a roll of the dice in FF. You put your best foot forward but sometimes it doesn't work out. Been there, done that. Won in different leagues, lost in different leagues.

You see your WR go down on the 1 yard line for the RB to cash it in, you curse your luck. You see a guy you don't want to get 13 points on MNF get a big bomb for 71 yards to give him 13.1 points to beat you, and never catch a pass again.

You have 59 minutes go well in a game and Tony Romo chokes and throws a pick in the last minute to give Alfred Morris 40 plus points to beat you and your 30 plus point lead in improbabilistic fashion on SNF even when you have a WR and kicker give you 7 points in the same game. This probably will never happen again in my FF lifetime, hopefully.

Then, I was also having Justin Tucker down by 20 points in a game where Tucker kicks a 61 yarder vs Detroit Lions on MNF to give me a 1 point win in an FF semis with the kicker scoring 21 points, never will happen again in my FF lifetime. 

It did require you to know about a lot of teams and matchups, was taking away from family time. So I quit it for good. Good luck!!! I let it ruin my nights sometimes and it becomes less fun if you take it too seriously. 

Yep, a lot goes into winning the Trophy in FF. That is why when I won the league I was in 2018, it was a great accomplishment in a 12-man Yahoo league. I won the final game by .5 points, that is how close it was. I love our picks segment in here this year because we have 9 people that do it every week. Winning that would be a nice accomplishment because everyone that is picking is knowledgeable, but to me it is fun as well. FF I really had to take seriously because the dudes I was competing against were trash talking football junkies lmao . I was stressed out at times because there were 3 or 4 different people I wanted to beat badly every year. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I doubt it. He has been winning all along until now.

I do wonder why Leslie Frazier left. It seemed like it was not his decision to do so.

They said it was a personal sabbatical but not sure what to believe. Frazier like Bradley, didn’t like blitzing and not sure if the philosophical differences caused any tension there. I see McDermott blitzing more but the biggest issue they have is Josh Allen’s hot and cold play.

I would pair Josh Allen with a top notch OC like Ben Johnson and see where it takes his game.

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

They said it was a personal sabbatical but not sure what to believe. Frazier like Bradley, didn’t like blitzing and not sure if the philosophical differences caused any tension there. I see McDermott blitzing more but the biggest issue they have is Josh Allen’s hot and cold play.

I would pair Josh Allen with a top notch OC like Ben Johnson and see where it takes his game.

I think Allen could benefit from a offensive HC.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I think there might be a good chance both miss. Both have brutal schedules.

I agree. Burrow being injured to start the year killed the season for the Bengals. They have a tall order ahead of them. Ravens and Chiefs, Vikings (who have the longest winning streak @NFLfan), another date with the destructive Browns (who could win the division)... A Steelers defense that is championship level (UGH). A wasted year for the Bengals who will be losing a lot of their offensive weapons to free agency... The window, like the Bills, may have just shut... 

I knew that loss to the Rams in the Super Bowl was it. Could feel it in my bones that it was the best chance they had to finally win it all. And they blew it. Unless you are Mahomes or Brady, you don't get second chances. 

As far as the Colts... I still don't trust our offense with Minshew and our defense to make enough noise for the Colts... We'll lose to a team we should beat... 

I think the AFC playoffs will be: 

Chiefs

Texans

Dolphins

Browns

Steelers

Ravens

Jags

Bengals, Bills, Raiders, Chargers, Jets and Colts just miss out. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I agree. Burrow being injured to start the year killed the season for the Bengals. They have a tall order ahead of them. Ravens and Chiefs, Vikings (who have the longest winning streak @NFLfan), another date with the destructive Browns (who could win the division)... A Steelers defense that is championship level (UGH). A wasted year for the Bengals who will be losing a lot of their offensive weapons to free agency... The window, like the Bills, may have just shut... 

I knew that loss to the Rams in the Super Bowl was it. Could feel it in my bones that it was the best chance they had to finally win it all. And they blew it. Unless you are Mahomes or Brady, you don't get second chances. 

As far as the Colts... I still don't trust our offense with Minshew and our defense to make enough noise for the Colts... We'll lose to a team we should beat... 

Chiefs

Texans

Dolphins

Browns

Steelers

Ravens

Jags

The schedule does favor the Jaguars and Texans to remove 1 AFC North team out of 4. However, Steelers have been known to have late season crumbles, so you just keep playing the games and how things shape up. Bengals could sweep the Steelers and Jaguars haven't beaten anyone significant, Bengals do have more talent than the Colts, and Joshua Dobbs' charm probably wears off by the time the Bengals play them in December. :) 

You never know. Bengals have enough fortitude to make noise in the playoffs, whether they get in as a #5, #6 or #7, IMO.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Chiefs

Texans

Dolphins

Browns

Steelers

Ravens

Jags

It’s going to be hard for colts to get by Texans and the top 6 I think are pretty much locks unless one just falls apart. Colts are not playing like a playoff team but we will see after the bye if they are able to fix the offense. I don’t think colts will be in contention after the next 3 games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It’s going to be hard for colts to get by Texans and the top 6 I think are pretty much locks unless one just falls apart. Colts are not playing like a playoff team but we will see after the bye if they are able to fix the offense. I don’t think colts will be in contention after the next 3 games.

I think the Buccaneers defense will send us crashing back down to reality. And then the Steelers will be the nail in the coffin. 

It disgusts me to admit it but:

Tomlin > Steichen

No way we're beating Pittsburgh. 

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I think Allen could benefit from a offensive HC.

If they don't fire McDermott, I bet they go and get Brian Daboll and re-unite him with Josh Allen if Daboll gets fired from the Giants, which he likely might.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Chiefs

Texans

Dolphins

Browns

Steelers

Ravens

Jags

Window closing is just stupid talk for losers, as they fear everything in negativity.

Unless the GM and coaching are pathetic, window never closes for a great QB. 

If window closing is to be feared, Stafford would've never won a ring. He won after his career seemed to be going like Bradford's career.

With a QB like Burrow, you just gotta keep the defense replenished with good talent and some play makers on the offense, maybe with Chase as a constant in the roster throughout. 

1 minute ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Window closing is just stupid talk for losers, as they fear everything in negativity.

Unless the GM and coaching are pathetic, window never closes for a great QB. 

If window closing is to be feared, Stafford would've never won a ring. He won after his career seemed to be going like Bradford's career.

With a QB like Burrow, you just gotta keep the defense replenished with good talent and some play makers on the offense, maybe with Chase as a constant in the roster throughout. 

I don't consider myself a loser, thank you very much. 

2 hours ago, RollerColt said:

I think the Buccaneers defense will send us crashing back down to reality. And then the Steelers will be the nail in the coffin. 

It disgusts me to admit it but:

Tomlin > Steichen

No way we're beating Pittsburgh. 

Yep I agree 100%. If we do beat  Bucs I will change my mind on their chances.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chad72 said:

I see they fired Ken Dorsey. So, you were on to something.

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I see they fired Ken Dorsey. So, you were on to something.

I don't think Ben Johnson is coming there for a lateral position from the Lions where he has great OL play for Goff and his offense. It will only be if Sean McDermott is fired.

The other possibility is, if Sean McDermott is retained (though I think he is gone at the end of season), AND Brian Daboll with the Giants is fired, they might try to re-unite him with Josh Allen. If I am the Bills' management, I'd not rehash old arrangements, I would try something new and get rid of Sean, who will find a new place easily as DC, like Gus Bradley. Then I would go and hire Stroud's OC from the Kyle Shanahan tree (Bobby Slowik) or Ben Johnson from Lions (he has had 2 years of showcasing his talent).

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

I don't think Ben Johnson is coming there for a lateral position from the Lions where he has great OL play for Goff and his offense. It will only be if Sean McDermott is fired.

The other possibility is, if Sean McDermott is retained (though I think he is gone at the end of season), AND Brian Daboll with the Giants is fired, they might try to re-unite him with Josh Allen. If I am the Bills' management, I'd not rehash old arrangements, I would try something new and get rid of Sean, who will find a new place easily as DC, like Gus Bradley. Then I would go and hire Stroud's OC from the Kyle Shanahan tree (Bobby Slowik) or Ben Johnson from Lions (he has had 2 years of showcasing his talent).

Agreed. Ben is going for a head coaching position. 

I see him getting hired by the Panthers this offseason. He’s the type of guy who could have fun designing a playbook around Young. 

19 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Chiefs

Texans

Dolphins

Browns

Steelers

Ravens

Jags

This is tough and I don't want to sound like a Homer Homer Simpson Reaction GIF by MOODMAN, but we have an easier schedule than the Steelers do and still play them. I think the Steelers could miss and we squeek in. You would think the Bengals would get in but like the Bills, their schedule is brutal.

The games against the Steelers and Bengals are critical.

• Like 1

• NFLfan unpinned and unfeatured this topic