Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Week 8 All Around the NFL Game Thread

2006Coltsbestever

15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Brock Purdy looks like Brock Turdy 3 weeks in a row now. 49ers aren't doing anything with that QB. Jimmy G > Brock Purdy. Look at Jimmy's record and the QB's he has beat in the playoffs, he got them to a SB and nearly won vs the Chiefs. As great as the 49ers FO has been, they have outsmarted themselves on this one. Go Lions in the NFC! They just wanted Jimmy gone, hell they even traded a slew of draft picks for Lance. Maybe Jimmy pee'd in Lynch's coffee. 

Your worst take...

Jimmy did okay, but he was not defeating all those great QBs and took them to SB, their defense did. Jimmy was good enough in covering some 3rd downs, and Purdy has done more than Jimmy had ever done in his career. Purdy was undefeated his first 10 games with little worse defense than Jimmy used to have, and that's an understatement. SF defense in Jimmy's days was a nightmare and they're still elite but nowhere at that level.

I don't know why anyone should be happy with Purdy struggling for few games, he was Mr.Irrelevant. He wasn't Johnny Cash Manziel to be happy to see him go down. What Purdy is going through is normal for all QBs, no one is Superman and Purdy will have his bad days.

But, any of the bad days Purdy has had so far in his career still look good and competent for the most part. 

I think you've not closely watched Captain Kirk's bad days, holy moly, he'd make a kindergarten kid look brighter on his bad day. 

1 minute ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Your worst take...

Jimmy did okay, but he was not defeating all those great QBs and took them to SB, their defense did. Jimmy was good enough in covering some 3rd downs, and Purdy has done more than Jimmy had ever done in his career. Purdy was undefeated his first 10 games with little worse defense than Jimmy used to have, and that's an understatement. SF defense in Jimmy's days was a nightmare and they're still elite but nowhere at that level.

I don't know why anyone should be happy with Purdy struggling for few games, he was Mr.Irrelevant. He wasn't Johnny Cash Manziel to be happy to see him go down. What Purdy is going through is normal for all QBs, no one is Superman and Purdy will have his bad days.

But, any of the bad days Purdy has had so far in his career still look good and competent for the most part. 

I think you've not closely watched Captain Kirk's bad days, holy moly, he'd make a kindergarten kid look bright on his bad day. 

What makes you think I am happy that Purdy is playing badly? I am just telling it like it is and trading 4 draft picks, including 2 1st rounders for Lance is on Lynch as one of the worst trades ever. All just because he wanted Jimmy out then! Jimmy G was a great game manager that won games. As far as Kirk goes, your bashing of him has become nauseating. He was playing good again until his injury yesterday. Lets see how the Vikings do without him. Kirk doesn't belong in a Vikings uniform because he has a fan base that bashes him constantly. Sad really.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What makes you think I am happy that Purdy is playing badly? I am just telling it like it is and trading 4 draft picks, including 2 1st rounders for Lance is on Lynch as one of the worst trades ever. All just because he wanted Jimmy out then! Jimmy G was a great game manager that won games. As far as Kirk goes, your bashing of him has become nauseating. He was playing good again until his injury yesterday. Lets see how the Vikings do without him. Kirk doesn't belong in a Vikings uniform because he has a fan base that bashes him constantly. Sad really.

Jimmy had had his chances with one of the best defenses in recent times, and he couldn't cross the line. He should prove his worth with Raiders now, and he's been below average once out of a good team. No wonder 49ers wanted to get rid of him. 

I don't understand repeated bashing of Purdy whenever he's had bad day. Previously, Chloe did last week. Hence my comments. 

It's true SF had one of the worst draft day trades in recent times for a bust in Lance, but what I admire is that never stopped them from being one of the best teams in NFC or the whole league for many years now, especially with Shanahan. It's okay to make mistakes as a GM, but if that mistake stops the team from being good, them it's a bad move. The fact that 49ers continue to be a force AND the fact that they're able to resolve the most difficult QB position has shown that Lynch is one of the best talent evaluators of this time and Shanahan is one of the best head coaches of this time. 

Kirk has his elite days and his poor days every year. That's nothing new. Overall, he'll finish his career like Drew Brees and his highlight reels of his whole career can be watched with admiration. But, the fact is Kirk just doesn't win Vikings a SB and that's where I draw the line. It's not bashing of Captain Kirk. It's about Vikings getting a SB win, when they've not had even 1 in 60+ years. That's more important than Kirk or any one player.

If Kirk goes to 49ers, I truly believe they'll win SB and Kirk could even win multiple Super Bowls with this 49ers team. It boggles my mind that Lynch didn't go for Kirk even when Shanahan reportedly wanted him. If I have to blame Lynch, I'd say that's a bad mistake on his part. Even now, SF could get Kirk next off-season if Purdy really gets worse. 

And, only way Kirk could win a SB would be if he plays for this 49ers team, otherwise it would be a repeat of his Vikings career with any other team. 

14 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Jimmy had had his chances with one of the best defenses in recent times, and he couldn't cross the line. He should prove his worth with Raiders now, and he's been below average once out of a good team. No wonder 49ers wanted to get rid of him. 

I don't understand repeated bashing of Purdy whenever he's had bad day. Previously, Chloe did last week. Hence my comments. 

It's true SF had one of the worst draft day trades in recent times for a bust in Lance, but what I admire is that never stopped them from being one of the best teams in NFC or the whole league for many years now, especially with Shanahan. It's okay to make mistakes as a GM, but if that mistake stops the team from being good, them it's a bad move. The fact that 49ers continue to be a force AND the fact that they're able to resolve the most difficult QB position has shown that Lynch is one of the best talent evaluators of this time and Shanahan is one of the best head coaches of this time. 

Kirk has his elite days and his poor days every year. That's nothing new. Overall, he'll finish his career like Drew Brees and his highlight reels of his whole career can be watched with admiration. But, the fact is Kirk just doesn't win Vikings a SB and that's where I draw the line. It's not bashing of Captain Kirk. It's about Vikings getting a SB win, when they've not had even 1 in 60+ years. That's more important than Kirk or any one player.

If Kirk goes to 49ers, I truly believe they'll win SB and Kirk could even win multiple Super Bowls with this 49ers team. It boggles my mind that Lynch didn't go for Kirk even when Shanahan reportedly wanted him. If I have to blame Lynch, I'd say that's a bad mistake on his part. Even now, SF could get Kirk next off-season if Purdy really gets worse. 

And, only way Kirk could win a SB would be if he plays for this 49ers team, otherwise it would be a repeat of his Vikings career with any other team. 

I think a lot of the Purdy bashing is because, most of the media was comparing him to Joe Montana already and fans have been slobbering over him doing the same thing. One of my huge pet peeves is when fans think so and so is already great without a huge sample size. Like with Stroud, dude has played 7 games and most people in here think he is a pro-bowler already. I think Stroud has played well but his team is 3-4 and he played bad yesterday in a loss to the Panthers. I need to see a QB play at least 2 full seasons (32 games) before I can say, I think he is the real deal. Not 10 or 7 games. Point is, I wish nothing but the best for Purdy, how the 49ers play really doesn't affect me being a Colts fan. I was just saying I would have stuck with Jimmy G and with the picks they gave up, they could have been unbeatable in reality

Regarding Kirk. He has a winning QB record over a long career, has 1 playoff signature win at the Saints in 2019, which he beat Drew Brees so that was a big one, and his numbers are great. I don't think he is a Hall of Famer but the Vikings could do much worse.

8 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Yes, he stole that TD away from my fantasy player Foreman though :) Was Evans backing up Henry all those years? I think he was stuck in the depth chart behind an elite RB and never got to showcase his skills so far. 

He was picked before Addison, I believe. It's cool 4 teams picked WRs in succession, and Vikings got the guy at the last spot. 

He was not rated well in the draft, probably due to being from lower division but there was much hype among the fans. Good he got chances in rookie year itself. And with Levis, DTR, Aiden O'Connell and Jaren Hall, it looks like this is the unique NFL season where around 9 rookie QBs (to my memory) have got to play for lengthy periods of a regular season game!

Has it ever happened in the NFL? I bet not, other than when many NFL teams played their inaugural seasons together. 

@NFLfan add rookie undrafted QB Tommy DeVito of Giants to the list.

The list keeps on growing. These QBs can say they really played QB for NFL team even if some of them end up being out of the league in a year. 

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think a lot of the Purdy bashing is because, most of the media was comparing him to Joe Montana already and fans have been slobbering over him doing the same thing. One of my huge pet peeves is when fans think so and so is already great without a huge sample size. Like with Stroud, dude has played 7 games and most people in here think he is a pro-bowler already. I think Stroud has played well but his team is 3-4 and he played bad yesterday in a loss to the Panthers. I need to see a QB play at least 2 full seasons (32 games) before I can say, I think he is the real deal. Not 10 or 7 games. Point is, I wish nothing but the best for Purdy, how the 49ers play really doesn't affect me being a Colts fan. I was just saying I would have stuck with Jimmy G and with the picks they gave up, they could have been unbeatable in reality

Regarding Kirk. He has a winning QB record over a long career, has 1 playoff signature win at the Saints in 2019, which he beat Drew Brees so that was a big one, and his numbers are great. I don't think he is a Hall of Famer but the Vikings could do much worse.

Agreed about those slobbering fans 

I think if you want to be great, you've got to learn to move on from being just good.

Same with Jimmy or Kirk. Yeah, it could get much worse, but it won't ever be better than good which is what matters. 

2 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Agreed about those slobbering fans 

I think if you want to be great, you've got to learn to move on from being just good.

Same with Jimmy or Kirk. Yeah, it could get much worse, but it won't ever be better than good which is what matters. 

I want to see Purdy win at least the Conference than that will be eye opening :thmup:. He has a great team around him. Jimmy G at least won the Conference championship, he took advantage what he had around him. Regarding the Vikings, there are 6 QB's coming out of the draft = Caleb Williams, Drake Maye, Michael Pennix, Bo Nix, JJ McCarthy, and Quinn Evers. All might end up good if not great Pro's. Vikings will have a great chance to get any of the QB's I listed expect Caleb because he will go #1.

No one is talking about the Baltimore Ravens. They are in first place in the AFC North with a 6-2 record. Other teams are getting attention, and in the meantime, the Ravens are quietly winning games. Lamar Jackson has been playing lights out. 

Maybe Baltimore isn't considered as sophisticated as other teams, or people expect them to fold at the end of the season.  I don't know, but kind of surprised that they are overlooked.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wonder what would have happened, if we had kept Peyton in 2011...traded the #1 pick for an enormous haul...and drafted Kirk before Washington did.    Obviously it's hindsight, now knowing how good Peyton was for a few more years, and how early Luck retired...along with the mess we seem to be in every year, as far as record goes.   

2 minutes ago, coltsblue1844 said:

I wonder what would have happened, if we had kept Peyton in 2011...traded the #1 pick for an enormous haul...and drafted Kirk before Washington did.    Obviously it's hindsight, now knowing how good Peyton was for a few more years, and how early Luck retired...along with the mess we seem to be in every year, as far as record goes.   

Who really knows. We were in rebuild mode so I am not even sure Peyton would have won that 2nd SB with us. Denver had a great defense the year he won with them. I think Kirk would have played good here, probably a playoff team more times than not.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Who really knows. We were in rebuild mode so I am not even sure Peyton would have won that 2nd SB with us. Denver had a great defense the year he won with them. I think Kirk would have played good here, probably a playoff team more times than not.

yeah, and with the haul we would have got for that #1 pick, we could have turned things around quickly...  The Rams sure got a ton to trade out of #2 (so Washington could pick RGIII).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coltsblue1844 said:

yeah, and with the haul we would have got for that #1 pick, we could have turned things around quickly...  The Rams sure got a ton to trade out of #2 (so Washington could pick RGIII).

Hindsight is something else. Just think in 2018 as Luck was recovering, we could have drafted Josh Allen for insurance at #6 to be a possible starter if anything happened to Luck again. Allen went to the Bills at #7 and the rest is history. Is Allen great? Probably not but he is very good and is arguably a top 5 QB today like Luck was in 2014 and 2018. Allen always gives the Bills a chance to win like Luck did. He reminds me of Luck, the way he runs and throws on the run, etc..

Hindsight is something else. Just think in 2018 as Luck was recovering, we could have drafted Josh Allen for insurance at #6 to be a possible starter if anything happened to Luck again. Allen went to the Bills at #7 and the rest is history. Is Allen great? Probably not but he is very good and is arguably a top 5 QB today like Luck was in 2014 and 2018. Allen always gives the Bills a chance to win like Luck did. He reminds me of Luck, the way he runs and throws on the run, etc..

Which, is why I was so high on us drafting Levis... all of the same physical tools, just needs good coaching and a decent team around him...and was the most "Pro Ready", considering his first OC at Kentucky went to the Rams to be OC

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

As far as Kirk goes, your bashing of him has become nauseating. He was playing good again until his injury yesterday. Lets see how the Vikings do without him. Kirk doesn't belong in a Vikings uniform because he has a fan base that bashes him constantly. Sad really

Proud The Karate Kid GIF

Was already sick that he got hurt, then next thought was, I guess Vikings fans can be happy now.... Disgusting.

You're 100% correct, they didn't and still don't deserve him.

Maybe they can get Case Keenum back.

4 hours ago, teganslaw said:

No one is talking about the Baltimore Ravens. They are in first place in the AFC North with a 6-2 record. Other teams are getting attention, and in the meantime, the Ravens are quietly winning games. Lamar Jackson has been playing lights out. 

Maybe Baltimore isn't considered as sophisticated as other teams, or people expect them to fold at the end of the season.  I don't know, but kind of surprised that they are overlooked.

Who said no one is looking at them. I bet $100 during NFL draft time for the Ravens to win the SB. @2006Coltsbestever pick to win the SB is also the Ravens.

Lost in this is the Bengals with only 3 losses, this is the time they make their run. They have a game at Baltimore left with the Ravens having the tie breaker. Bengals cannot afford any loss if they want to win that division. But there is a good chance the Bengals are on the road as a wild card as a #5 seed. Bengals have traditionally fared well vs the Ravens and their secondary. 

I just get the feeling this is the first year Patrick Mahomes plays a road playoff game as the AFC West winner but without the #1 seeding. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Who said no one is looking at them. I bet $100 during NFL draft time for the Ravens to win the SB. @2006Coltsbestever pick to win the SB is also the Ravens.

Lost in this is the Bengals with only 3 losses, this is the time they make their run. They have a game at Baltimore left with the Ravens having the tie breaker. Bengals cannot afford any loss if they want to win that division. But there is a good chance the Bengals are on the road as a wild card as a #5 seed. Bengals have traditionally fared well vs the Ravens and their secondary. 

I just get the feeling this is the first year Patrick Mahomes plays a road playoff game as the AFC West winner but without the #1 seeding. 

Yeah, I picked the Ravens to win the SB before the season. You did too. 2 great minds think alike. I think they will end up playing the Chiefs in the AFC Title Game. 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah, I picked the Ravens to win the SB before the season. You did too. 2 great minds think alike. I think they will end up playing the Chiefs in the AFC Title Game. 

My $100 bet was made on BetMGM on 2/11/24, just looked at it :) 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Championship Winner Jimmy is doing awesome as usual. Could see nothing wrong in him. He should easily win over the AFC. 

18 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Championship Winner Jimmy is doing awesome as usual. Could see nothing wrong in him. He should easily win over the AFC. 

Jimmy is on a crap team - easy to mock him now, put him back on the 49ers when he won a Conference Championship and he would be better than non-championship Purdy has been doing lately. 

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

That was a horrible pick six. Good lord Lions get your crap together. 

Jimmy is on a crap team - easy to mock him now, put him back on the 49ers when he won a Conference Championship and he would be better than non-championship Purdy has been doing lately. 

Lions all of a sudden look very vulnerable as well.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

With a bad coach who rode Brady’s fame. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He He... Totally the Second Coming of Tom Brady.

I can see why Belichick was the one who drafted him :D