Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Preview Saints vs Colts Plus injury reports

Restinpeacesweetchloe

22 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

With Brent’s out I wonder if we might finally see cross out there and using 3 safeties. We need to see cross play because Blackmon is a FA.

At this point I want to bring Blackmon back. He looked like the best safety against the Browns. 

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

With Brent’s out I wonder if we might finally see cross out there and using 3 safeties. We need to see cross play because Blackmon is a FA.

I doubt it. Probably just more of Baker? If they do try to shake things up, I think they go with one of the other backup corners

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I doubt it. Probably just more of Baker? If they do try to shake things up, I think they go with one of the other backup corners

Hopefully they are smart enough to realize they can’t put him out there. We have a couple that should get the chance over baker. Hopefully we get someone by Tuesday.

37 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

You earn your playing time in practice.  Cross obviously isn’t impressing in practice.  If he’s not ready I don’t want him out there.  

32 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

But who do we have?

Hall and the new guy we just got should get a chance.

30 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

You earn your playing time in practice.  Cross obviously isn’t impressing in practice.  If he’s not ready I don’t want him out there.  

He was really good in camp. I think this is just a situation where there just isn’t snaps for him.

39 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Hall and the new guy we just got should get a chance.

He was really good in camp. I think this is just a situation where there just isn’t snaps for him.

Not sure if speed would be ready? Hall would have to be called up from PS, and they have Lammons there too

58 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Freeland at RT then. Hope they have a plan for how to help him if he struggles. Luckily the Saints don't have DE on Garrett's level.

Yeah Freeland will actually finally get a little break this week from the past few weeks. I think Jordan only has one sack.

Looks like Johnson might be able to go. That is a big break for the colts. Although kamara is a different type of runner so maybe not quite as important as last week trying to plug the middle,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Sucks about Brents, our Secondary is really the only group that scares me as far as not being consistently good. I wish we still had Gilmore, but we don't.

We will see if they can win this weekend and maybe find a corner in the trade market Monday or Tuesday.  These next 3 games should be wins. Doesn’t mean they will but 3 wins will go a long way to help us make a playoff push. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We will see if they can win this weekend and maybe find a corner in the trade market Monday or Tuesday.  These next 3 games should be wins. Doesn’t mean they will but 3 wins will go a long way to help us make a playoff push. 

I really don’t think a trade is coming.  Brents will be back this year.  Flowers back next year.  This is a temporary problem.  The Colts are deep into depth at corner and this is when you get this deep.  I don’t like Baler being out there either but I dont think there is a significantly better corner out there in free agency and I don’t expect a trade.