Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor comments on his contract/Request trade (Merge)

GoColts8818

4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

The Colts want the contract terminated by the New League Year.

If thats true then he will play out the season and be gone next year.  If its not true then they will make an offer or tag him in 2024

Hes not making 10 mil now, they dont have to do anything with him yet other than play him.  hes not making too much this season 

4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

The Colts want the contract terminated by the New League Year.  They are not going to keep this going into next summer's TC.

They've got a young superhero to rally around, promote, Symbolize the horsehoe, etc.   JT is not in the plans unless he'll be happy role-playing at about $6-7M in perpetuity.

Source?

• Like 3

Just now, csmopar said:

Source?

yeah he really shouldn't be saying that as though its an absolute fact.  Its his take on the situation but isnt really proven.  It could be true, i think its more accurate to say they want to see how he does and what the fit is like before making an offer

6 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

If thats true then he will play out the season and be gone next year.  If its not true then they will make an offer or tag him in 2024

Hes not making 10 mil now, they dont have to do anything with him yet other than play him.  hes not making too much this season 

He will play out the season and be gone next year.  Exactly.

How that is going to play out is yet to be seen.   If it gets bad enough, he may be gone without compensation to the Colts. 

He's not going to be tagged.  Its more cap than SS wants to spend on a RB, IMO.   

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Or maybe you could actually provide proof to back up your sensationalist claims

What claim?

Can't you tell.  Its my opinion of what is unfolding and why.  How could there be a source for that other than me?   

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

He will play out the season and be gone next year.  Exactly.

How that is going to play out is yet to be seen.   If it gets bad enough, he may be gone without compensation to the Colts. 

He's not going to be tagged.  Its more cap than SS wants to spend on a RB, IMO.   

What has SS said in regards to what he wants to spend on a RB?   He is a first time HC.  He isn't the GM.   The GM handles the financial end of things.   SS wants good ball players

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

JMV speculated that could be the training staff.

Theres a weird discrepancy over the back thing.  I dont really understand it

Is he faking an injury?  is he actually hurt and denying it?  i dont get it

Just now, jvan1973 said:

What has SS said in regards to what he wants to spend on a RB?   He is a first time HC.  He isn't the GM.   The GM handles the financial end of things.   SS wants good ball players

Sure.  They want good ball players at every position.  The salary cap makes that impossible (unless you're the LAR), so 31 teams have to prioritize.  

It goes back to positional value.  Something that I'm hoping SS can teach Ballard about.

45 minutes ago, AKB said:

but the thing is every running back wants the ball. every skill position wants the ball. 

i doubt he views it as being just a pawn to take heat off AR. at the end of the day it seems like he wants a record deal, more than any other RB right now, and it isn't gonna happen. timing is bad. 

A lot of vet RBs want less usage.  

34 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The only way he don’t come back I think is pierce gets over 1k yards and colts are able to get Harrison junior. 

I dont see the Colts picking Harrison if he is there. Plus, we dont know what the team will look like next year and if they are picking in the top 5, they will have some serious holes. I would see DE and/or LT if Rainmann washes out as bigger needs

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Sure.  They want good ball players at every position.  The salary cap makes that impossible (unless you're the LAR), so 31 teams have to prioritize.  

It goes back to positional value.  Something that I'm hoping SS can teach Ballard about.

Ballard has been in the NFL longer than SS

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Pat Mcafee said Taylor is treating  what he called the unsung Heroes in the colts building badly. JMV speculated that could be the training staff.

Do your u or anyone know what PMacs been saying about this saga?

5 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

Its possible and appears to becoming more likely.  They could tag and trade him too though

Wouldn't the team trading for JT want to spend franchise tag value for him?  Or a long term contract close to that?

What team would do that?

Isn't the RB group complaining about that right now?

Just now, Nickster said:

Wow.  

hmmmm.....wasnt i saying this a couple of days ago that Taylor may not be all he was made out to be?? Like i said, more than  a few pod casts reporters were kind of taken a back by his lack of accountability last year. I do think that before this gets out of control and a lot of mud gets slung, it is time to pull the trigger

4 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I dont see the Colts picking Harrison if he is there. Plus, we dont know what the team will look like next year and if they are picking in the top 5, they will have some serious holes. I would see DE and/or LT if Rainmann washes out as bigger needs

Ballard went out of his way saying Pittman is part of what we do. Praised him like a son. Pittman is the kind you kept around long term. I don’t be shocked if he is a captain this year. It’s a padding league. You need WR.

24 minutes ago, DougDew said:

The Colts want the contract terminated by the New League Year.  They are not going to keep this going into next summer's TC.

They've got a young superhero to rally around, promote, Symbolize the horsehoe, etc.   JT is not in the plans unless he'll be happy role-playing at about $6-7M in perpetuity.

Doug…..

You can argue that the Colts want the Taylor situation RESOLVED by next Spring, one way or the other.   

But I don’t know how you argue that the Colts want Taylor’s contract TERMINATED?!?   Taylor’s contract is what gives the Colts leverage.   Taylor’s contract helps give Taylor value in any possible trade next spring.  Terminating JT’s contract is the LAST thing the Colts want.   The contract keeps the Colts in the driver’s seat.  Next spring, the Colts may want to trade him.   Terminating the contract stops that from happening. 

You might want to re-think that view. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

hmmmm.....wasnt i saying this a couple of days ago that Taylor may not be all he was made out to be?? Like i said, more than  a few pod casts reporters were kind of taken a back by his lack of accountability last year. I do think that before this gets out of control and a lot of mud gets slung, it is time to pull the trigger

You want to off him?  That’s extreme Moose.

Seriously though , I’ve known a few pros.  Got some insider stuff.   These guys are just like everyone else.  Demons, skeletons, and flaws.

Public image and actual image ain’t the same thing.

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Doug…..

You can argue that the Colts want the Taylor situation RESOLVED by next Spring, one way or the other.   

But I don’t know how you argue that the Colts want Taylor’s contract TERMINATED?!?   Taylor’s contract is what gives the Colts leverage.   Taylor’s contract helps give Taylor value in any possible trade next spring.  Terminating JT’s contract is the LAST thing the Colts want.   The contract keeps the Colts in the driver’s seat.  Next spring, the Colts may want to trade him.   Terminating the contract stops that from happening. 

You might want to re-think that view. 

I simply meant that they want Taylor off the books by the beginning of the New League Year.

Unless he capitulates into a RBBC role that SS likely wants.  Which JT can do tomorrow and that would solve the entire problem.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

I simply meant that they want Taylor off the books by the beginning of the New League Year.

Unless he capitulates into a RBBC role that SS likely wants.  Which JT can do tomorrow and that would solve the entire problem.

The Eagles didn't have a RBBC.   Why would SS want that here?

2 minutes ago, Nickster said:

You want to off him?  That’s extreme Moose.

Seriously though , I’ve known a few pros.  Got some insider stuff.   These guys are just like everyone else.  Demons, skeletons, and flaws.

Public image and actual image ain’t the same thing.

Well I am Canadian and we have very strict gun laws, so pulling the trigger is not very likely lol.  I just dont want this to continue to steam roll. I think Taylor is going to be  a head ache all season long even if he plays and has a good season.  Based on all this stuff, I think he is gone next year no matter the year he has. 

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

Well I am Canadian and we have very strict gun laws, so pulling the trigger is not very likely lol.  I just dont want this to continue to steam roll. I think Taylor is going to be  a head ache all season long even if he plays and has a good season.  Based on all this stuff, I think he is gone next year no matter the year he has. 

He certainly isn't doing himself any favors

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

The Eagles didn't have a RBBC.   Why would SS want that here?

Stop correcting insignificant things. 

Philly did not have a franchise guy they they valued long term.   That's the disconnect between SS/Ballard/Irsay and JT at the moment.  IMO.

Just now, DougDew said:

Stop correcting insignificant things. 

Philly did not have a franchise guy they they valued long term.   That's the disconnect between SS/Ballard/Irsay and JT at the moment.  IMO.

You are the one that said RBBC.  The offense SS just came from didn't have a RBBC.   

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

You are the one that said RBBC.  The offense SS just came from didn't have a RBBC.   

RBs other than Sanders had 107 carries and 40 targets to Sanders 259 and 26.

they were at least committeeish 

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Do you get bogged down with literalism like Dustin Hoffman in Rainmann?

In the context of contracts given to RBs, which is the topic of the thread, they have a RBBC system.  

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Do you get bogged down with literalism like Dustin Hoffman in Rainmann?

In the context of contracts given to RBs, which is the topic of the thread, they have a RBBC system.  

Two hundred forty SIX