Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rousseau vs. Paye

rock8591

Anyone remember all of the DeMarcus Ware vs. Shawnee Merriman comparisons immediately after the 2004 draft?

IMO, the comparison between Kwity Paye and Gregory Rousseau seems to have some similar thought pattern. I have a feeling that Rousseau will have the best season (Merriman) between the two, in the course of their careers, but Paye will have the overall career (Ware).

When it comes to pure sacks, Rousseau has more the first two seasons, while Paye is far superior against the run. Thus far this season, Paye has had a much faster start as well.

Anyone else having this deja vu?

• Like 1

Paye has also missed a bunch of games too. His biggest issue is being able to stay healthy. Every time he starts building momentum, he get hurt and misses a bunch of games. IIRC last year he had 4 sacks in 4 games and then got hurt. If he stays healthy he’s better than Rousseau.

• Like 2

Paye may only average 8 sacks a year his entire career. He gets alot of tfls and is great vs. the run. Sometimes we are used to DEs getting double digit sacks because of watching Freeney and Mathis for years. While in total our DEs have less sacks, our DTs have nearly quadruple that of the DTs in Freeney/Mathis time. This year so far we lead in tfls and last year was 2 sacks from all time Colts list.

On 9/18/2023 at 5:59 PM, Fluke_33 said:

Why compare any player to a colts player of a same position then?   

Good question. I don't know why a comparison needs to be made, that's kind of my point. 

If Paye is playing well and producing, what's the point of the comparison in the first place?

1 hour ago, Superman said:

Good question. I don't know why a comparison needs to be made, that's kind of my point. 

If Paye is playing well and producing, what's the point of the comparison in the first place?

I thought that after I posted my reply.  Who cares?  I like who we have.   

Not to dissimilar from Manning v. Brady discussions.  I live in patriots land and don't ask for it but have to argue it all the time. 

And now there's the AR v. Stroud v. Young thread...