Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Week#2 All Around the NFL Game Thread

NFLfan

5 hours ago, NFLfan said:

How does the Washington offense look with their new OC? I see that the Chiefs only scored 17 against the Jags. Is the Jags defense that good?

How did Stroud look?

Washington offense seems to be at least decent if not down right good.

Yes the Jags D, especially their dline, is really good.  

i thought Stroud looked excellent.  He’s approaching the first 100 passes of his career with no INTs.  That’s impressive.  It’s even more so when you factor in I think I had more rushing yards than the Texans do this year and that he’s been sacked 11 times in two games.  I know their line is beat up but I fear he gets Andrew Lucked and just gets beat to hell.  

• Thanks 1

NFL should be ashamed of putting the Panthers/Saints game on Monday night. They knew these teams are mid-level at best. The only thing this does is showcase Bryce Young. The offenses are awful, and the defenses aren't even great, they are just better than the poor offenses on the field by the fault. It's one of those games that is impossible to enjoy. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I get the weapons are bad. But he just does not look in control. I think stroud and Richardson have looked the part. Not seeing it from young yet. Needs to use his legs more.

Okay, good point. But I'm not familiar that much with Panthers players. I know Adam from vikings and they picked up Miles. Is there others they have that are suppose to be promising?

Just now, EasyE said:

I'm just trying to look at fantasy moving later in the season.haha

I have a decent amount of Panthers in my $206 worth of bestball contests. This game was infuriating to watch during the first half. I don't depend on them for points a lot as a main option, but they were good for a third combo team in some leagues.

• Like 1

Just now, EasyE said:

What happened I was on the other game??

They said he got hit right on the knee and ABC wouldn’t show the replay because as Joe Buck put it “the Chubb injury is not to be seen” but they showed it on the replay in the stadium and the crowd let out a loud grown when they saw it and Steelers fans cheered for him as he was being carted off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I have a decent amount of Panthers in my $206 worth of bestball contests. This game was infuriating to watch during the first half. I don't depend on them for points a lot as a main option, but they were good for a third combo team in some leagues.

Exactly, I try to find players later in season that might be really good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

They said he got hit right on the knee and ABC wouldn’t show the replay because as Joe Buck put it “the Chubb injury is not to be seen” but they showed it on the replay in the stadium and the crowd let out a loud grown when they saw it and Steelers fans cheered for him as he was being carted off.

Wow! Thanks for the update.

2 minutes ago, IinD said:

Yeah poor Chubb.

That was a Willis McGahee type injury.

Yeah no injury is good. That's a shame I waned colts to draft him. 

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah they just talked about it.  Chubb had a planted leg and took a hit right on knee from Fitzpatrick and his knee collapsed on the hit.  They did show Chubb laying on the ground holding his knee howling in pain.

Uhg

In case anyone is wondering the Browns don’t have a first round pick but yes I think they would at least call the Colts about Taylor.  I don’t know if they have enough to work a deal with the Colts for him or if the Colts are interested in trading him.  I do think they could bring Hunt back though.

• Like 2

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

In case anyone is wondering the Browns don’t have a first round pick but yes I think they would at least call the Colts about Taylor.  I don’t know if they have enough to work a deal with the Colts for him or if the Colts are interested in trading him.  I do think they could bring Hunt back though.

I could see them bringing Hunt back..

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Both could happen IMO. This is the first major injury at RB where I think an actual trade could be made for Taylor. Hunt is a good option to reunite as well. It just depends on how desperate they are. Jerome Ford is a decent no2, but he won't fill the shoes of Chubb. Taylor is certainly a possibility. A 2nd rounder is possible IMO with a pick in 2025 if that would happen IMO.

Good post 8818.

34 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I get the weapons are bad. But he just does not look in control. I think stroud and Richardson have looked the part. Not seeing it from young yet. Needs to use his legs more.

He also has a crap coach calling the plays 

• Like 1