Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Week#2 All Around the NFL Game Thread

NFLfan

41 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Brutal injury for Chubb. So bad they wouldn’t show the replay.

They didn't show it because it's disturbing. You can find the replay on Youtube if you're curious. I feel bad for the guy. It's definitely a career-altering type of thing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

The Vikings signed Guard Dalton Risner. We needed help in the interior OL.

@Jared Cisneros Remind me of Risner's strengths. Thank you.

Great news....

I just see Chubb got injured.. and Yahoo says  the injury was so bad broadcast wouldn't show replay. Is it worse? 

Maybe, Kareem Hunt is going back to Cleveland.

Good that Vikings finally got Risner, if he could pass block well, that'd be enough. Vikings HC and GM don't care about the running game, so it doesn't matter if he's poor at run blocking! We run only 10 running plays maximum per game?

It's funny Vikings forums talked all off-season how the RBs in the roster can give consistent running plays. In reality, the coach didn't care. 

3 minutes ago, masterlock said:

They didn't show it because it's disturbing. You can find the replay on Youtube if you're curious. I feel bad for the guy. It's definitely a career-altering type of thing. 

Was it that bad? I'm glad I was not looking at how he got hurt. One of the worse injuries I saw was to Napoleon McCallum. Just the thought of it makes me shudder. It was so bad. I hope that is not what happened to Chubb. He was playing so well.

2 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

just see Chubb got injured.. and Yahoo says  the injury was so bad broadcast wouldn't show replay. Is it worse? 

I looked at the TV and saw Chubb run for a few yards. I took my eyes away from the TV. Then I heard Buck say that Chubb and Minkah Fitzpatrick were hurt. He said Chubb's injury was so bad that it won't be shown. Then he said the Steelers fans saw a replay and "gasped".

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Was it that bad? I'm glad I was not looking at how he got hurt. One of the worse injuries I saw was to Napoleon McCallum. Just the thought of it makes me shudder. It was so bad. I hope that is not what happened to Chubb. He was playing so well.

Yeah.. just saw it. It's bad. He was being dragged down by another defender already and Fitz went straight into the one leg that was anchoring Chubb. And it bent badly. The season is over, hopefully he could be back in the NFL and it's not as bad as it looked.

Not sure if defenders need to shoot into a playmaker who's being already dragged down. Tackling is one thing, this one was hit like Andrew Sendejo used to turn himself into a missile. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I looked at the TV and saw Chubb run for a few yards. I took my eyes away from the TV. Then I heard Buck say that Chubb and Minkah Fitzpatrick were hurt. He said Chubb's injury was so bad that it won't be shown. Then he said the Steelers fans saw a replay and "gasped".

I found it on youtube. It's a bad knee injury but I don't think it was that bad as Theismann and Alex Smith. But TV is different these days. I'm heart broken for Chubb one of my favorite RBs..🙏

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Injury reminds me the injury Alex Smith had in Washington, kinda .. for Chubb, it bent at the knee cap area so he may need surgery in multiple parts, I have no clue but it looked that bad 

5 minutes ago, EasyE said:

I found it on youtube. It's a bad knee injury but I don't think it was that bad as Theismann and Alex Smith. But TV is different these days. I'm heart broken for Chubb one of my favorite RBs..🙏

I watched it over and over in slow motion.. It was bad.. Sorry I didn't see it all first time.. Pray for him🙏

2 minutes ago, EasyE said:

I watched it over and over in slow motion.. It was bad.. Sorry I didn't see it all first time.. Pray for him🙏

I don't want to see it. If it is as bad as you seem to say, it seems to be a career ender. It makes me sad. That is why I believe in paying players. This guy's career may be over. He was playing well.

That Napoleon McCallum knee injury was gruesome to watch. The patella bone is in the front. It went to the back of the knee. That injury ended his career. I think it was a preseason injury. He was a Raiders running back.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I don't want to see it. If it is as bad as you seem to say, it seems to be a career ender. It makes me sad. That is why I believe in paying players. This guy's career may be over. He was playing well.

That Napoleon McCallum knee injury was gruesome to watch. The patella bone is in the front. It went to the back of the knee. That injury ended his career. I think it was a preseason injury. He was a Raiders running back.

I don't think it's career ending. But it could be a factor whether his mind is right again. It's heart breaking for good RB and a fan. I agree, these RBs need payed. Period! They touch the ball 2nd most in games besides QBs. Wish I had a say.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Overwhelmed, Yes that's true...

But, it's week 2 as a Rookie.

That's how most QB trajectory goes. It's nothing out of ordinary. 

Actually, AR seems to be the exception, in many ways but every QB will have different struggles... 

Stroud and Richardson have not looked overwhelmed though.

Young was the can’t miss prospect.

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Looks like he dislocated it and they fear there is several ligament tears.

I hope it is less than it looked. I was a RB in High School I had concussions and back then it didn't matter and they didn't have medical safety precautions like they have now. I wish they did, all I seen running the ball at times was just blur and a headache. 

18 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Stroud and Richardson have not looked overwhelmed though.

Young was the can’t miss prospect.

It's not true... A "Can't miss prospect" in QB position in recent drafts or last many years was Watson, Stafford, Burrow, Luck (some would say Lawrence as well)... The team having #1 pick is surely taking him only, and there's zero debate about that.. and even then, Watson was not taken until later...

Young was only advertised as more ready than any other QB in this poor draft class, that doesn't mean he couldn't be afforded to miss. For teams who don't have even have QB position filled, he's good prospect.

Richardson has looked better, but if not for his running ability, he'd have underwhelmed if he only has to rely on his passing abilities to make plays. That's what rookie QBs would feel in early stages of their rookie year until they get to see what really works for them. 

Stroud has looked underwhelmed so often, so not sure I see the same thing 

And, Young hasn't looked underwhelmed all the time as you or Holder seemed to say. He's had very good chain moving drives and good plays in two games already.

That's how most rookie QBs look at they learn to play in NFL competition, Lawrence didn't look good for more than a year.. it's only week 2 now 

37 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

It's not true... A "Can't miss prospect" in QB position in recent drafts or last many years was Watson, Stafford, Burrow, Luck (some would say Lawrence as well)... The team having #1 pick is surely taking him only, and there's zero debate about that.. and even then, Watson was not taken until later...

Young was only advertised as more ready than any other QB in this poor draft class, that doesn't mean he couldn't be afforded to miss. For teams who don't have even have QB position filled, he's good prospect.

Richardson has looked better, but if not for his running ability, he'd have underwhelmed if he only has to rely on his passing abilities to make plays. That's what rookie QBs would feel in early stages of their rookie year until they get to see what really works for them. 

Stroud has looked underwhelmed so often, so not sure I see the same thing 

And, Young hasn't looked underwhelmed all the time as you or Holder seemed to say. He's had very good chain moving drives and good plays in two games already.

That's how most rookie QBs look at they learn to play in NFL competition, Lawrence didn't look good for more than a year.. it's only week 2 now 

There were questions about Watson in the draft.  Lawerence was regarded as the best QB prospect since Luck and Luck since Elway so I think Lawerence fits can’t miss.  I’d agree Young was not a can’t miss he was just viewed as the best QB in this class which isn’t the samething.  

38 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Richardson looks a lot more poised despite being inaccurate. He does not look overwhelmed.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

There were questions about Watson in the draft.  Lawerence was regarded as the best QB prospect since Luck and Luck since Elway so I think Lawerence fits can’t miss.  I’d agree Young was not a can’t miss he was just viewed as the best QB in this class which isn’t the samething.  

42 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Watson, Stafford, Burrow, Luck (some would say Lawrence as well)...

Watson was not a Can't Miss. Neither was Mahomes. Trubisky was drafted well ahead of them.

Lawrence was. In fact, he was talked about as a Can't Miss since he was a freshman at Clemson.

I think the next "Can't Miss" is Caleb Williams.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Richardson looks a lot more poised despite being inaccurate. He does not look overwhelmed.

I don't like starting a argument. But I do agree with @VikingsFanInChennai Richardson needs to prove his accomplishments in the passing game more. We all know he can run. But for him to get better as a QB he needs improvement in passing game. I don't understand the play calling when we need Richardson evaluation has a QB leader not a RB. I just want more passing so evaluation is equal. How is anything equal with a RB QB that gets injured every other hit. It needs to be done with offense play calling. JMO :peek:

12 minutes ago, EasyE said:

I don't like starting a argument. But I do agree with @VikingsFanInChennai Richardson needs to prove his accomplishments in the passing game more. We all know he can run. But for him to get better as a QB he needs improvement in passing game. I don't understand the play calling when we need Richardson evaluation has a QB leader not a RB. I just want more passing so evaluation is equal. How is anything equal with a RB QB that gets injured every other hit. It needs to be done with offense play calling. JMO :peek:

The Colts would help their QB for us on throwing if he had a decent running game. He is doing it alone. Get him some help.

Bonne Nuit!

11 minutes ago, EasyE said:

Yeah, Richardson hasn't run much so far, it's okay to run for TDs than in the middle of the field. Anyway, he's got to be very careful and as you said, play calling shouldn't be reckless trying to survive through his legs. I think they're doing a good job so far, making him look to pass before looking for other options. 

28 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Watson was not a Can't Miss. Neither was Mahomes. Trubisky was drafted well ahead of them.

Lawrence was. In fact, he was talked about as a Can't Miss since he was a freshman at Clemson.

I think the next "Can't Miss" is Caleb Williams.

Yeah, that's just my personal feel about Watson.

It's my opinion that Watson looked much more ready out of college than Lawrence coming out of college, in my eyes.. I still don't know why Lawrence was held in such an esteem, maybe he's looked that good in school or college but he's still not in elite company, IMO..

I think when Watson came out, he had lot of interceptions in his resume and his college offense was said to be half-field read with elite playmakers around him, that he might have been seen as a product of the system. In the NFL, he looked good when he peaked in a bad team but then he made mess of the career. His awareness of the game, pocket feel and ability to win games in tight contests are still in question. In my opinion, Lawrence has much more questions that need to be answered yet. 

31 minutes ago, EasyE said:

I think it will come.  He did a really good job throwing on the opening drive Sunday until he had the big run at the end and then one play for a TD.  After that I am not going to judge him too much because who knows what impact the concussion had on him.  Still it seems clear what Shane is doing.  He’s building confidence in him by giving him easy passes and adding a little more each week.  I agree he clearly has to develop some as a passer but this is how you do it.  

As for the running that’s Richardson’s strength, it’s what makes him special.  You don’t draft him knowing that and then not let him use it.  I would agree they need to really hammer home the message he has to do everything he can to protect himself but they aren’t going to tell him not to run.  

12 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I think it will come.  He did a really good job throwing on the opening drive Sunday until he had the big run at the end and then one play for a TD.  After that I am not going to judge him too much because who knows what impact the concussion had on him.  Still it seems clear what Shane is doing.  He’s building confidence in him by giving him easy passes and adding a little more each week.  I agree he clearly has to develop some as a passer but this is how you do it.  

As for the running that’s Richardson’s strength, it’s what makes him special.  You don’t draft him knowing that and then not let him use it.  I would agree they need to really hammer home the message he has to do everything he can to protect himself but they aren’t going to tell him not to run.  

I agree. His injury doesn't happen though if he learns passing with his arm strength and play calling puts him better situation. I think Cam has a point though when he played, about the comment he made refs don't always favorite the big running QBs. 

I'm not thrilled having a big running QB. It's just one rush away from being career ending injury. Richardson is a athletic freak very strong arm he doesn't have to depend on running if coached right. Fix his accuracy! JMO 

Just seen a report on Yahoo, Chubbs knee cap is believed to have rotated 90 degrees from it normal location along with several ligament tears. It’s unfortunate but I’m pretty sure we’ve seen the career end last night for Nick Chubb. Truly sad.

if you watch the replays on YouTube, his leg bends at the knee in a a way it’s not supposed too. It bends nearly as bad as the Joe Theisman injury all them years ago, just as the knee instead of the lower leg. 

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Ha ha 

I like the defense much better with Gus. He cares about pass rush.

Gee where have we heard that before. Sounds like Reich hasn’t learned from his shortcomings much at all.

as for the D and Flus, you’re right. But I didn’t say I’d bring him back as a coordinator. I’m just saying that if we ever had an opening and it fit, I’d welcome him back. There’s others that I would not ever say that about.