Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Week#2 All Around the NFL Game Thread

NFLfan

How many Colts fans supported Carson Wentz at the end of his only year with the Colts? I can remember only one and he argued with many here defending Wentz. Carson's stats with the Colts were not too different from those of Kirk Cousins. And Cousins has had great receivers.

Carson Wentz had a passer rating of 94.6 with 3,563 yards, 27 touchdowns and 7 interceptions in 17 games for the Colts in his career.

If I recall correctly, Wentz did not have WRs the caliber of Diggs, JJ or even Thielen.

It bothers me that folks are criticizing some Vikings fans for wanting more wins from Cousins. I think all fans would want that.

• Like 1

Sunday, September 17:

Early Games -- 1:00PM ET

Baltimore Ravens @ Cincinnati Bengals

Chicago Bears @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Green Bay Packers @ Atlanta Falcons

Indianapolis Colts @ Houston Texans

Kansas City Chiefs @ Jacksonville Jaguars

Las Vegas Raiders @ Buffalo Bills

Los Angeles Chargers @ Tennessee Titans

Seattle Seahawks @ Detroit Lions

Late afternoon games

New York Giants @ Arizona Cardinals  4:05 pm

San Francisco 49ers @ Los Angeles Rams  4:05 pm

New York Jets @ Dallas Cowboys  4:25 pm

Washington Commanders @ Denver Broncos  4:25 pm

Sunday Night Football 8:20 PM ET

Miami Dolphins @ New England Patriots

Monday Night Football

New Orleans Saints @ Carolina Panthers 7:15pm ET

Cleveland Browns @ Pittsburgh Steelers   8:15pm  ET

Key Game thread highlights for Week 2 so far:

*Ravens go into Cincy and win. Burrow injures the same calf he injured back in July. I kept saying that calf injury didn't look good when he injured it in July - he wasn't touched when that happened. I thought it may even be an Achilles. 

*Colts get their first Regular Season win in 10 months. They take down the Texans in Houston. AR leaves the game with concussion, but it doesn't look serious.

*Herbert and the Chargers find another way to lose, Titans and Tannehill take them out in OT in Tennessee.

*Chiefs take out the Jags in Jacksonville. The Champs bounce back. 

*Cowboys are just destroying the Jets. Maybe the Jets will call Matt Ryan lmao . Jets just have no chance to do anything big with Aaron out!

*Bears look pathetic as Baker Mayfield and the Bucs beat them.

*Falcons beat the Packers in a great game, 25-24. It wasn't Love's day.

*Lions lose home opener. Seahawks beat them in a stunner 37-31 in OT.

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Key Game thread highlights for Week 2 so far:

*Ravens go into Cincy and win. Burrow injures the same calf he injured back in July. I kept saying that calf injury didn't look good when he injured it in July - he wasn't touched when that happened. I thought it may even be an Achilles. 

*Colts get their first Regular Season win in 10 months. They take down the Texans in Houston. AR leaves the game with concussion, but it doesn't look serious.

*Herbert and the Chargers find another way to lose, Titans and Tannehill take them out in OT in Tennessee.

*Chiefs take out the Jags in Jacksonville. The Champs bounce back. 

*Cowboys are just destroying the Jets. Maybe the Jets will call Matt Ryan lmao . Jets just have no chance to do anything big with Aaron out!

*Bears look pathetic as Baker Mayfield and the Bucs beat them.

*Falcons beat the Packers in a great game, 25-24. It wasn't Love's day.

*Lions lose home opener. Seahawks beat them in a stunner 37-31 in OT.

Bears OC is trash. He is trying to make fields a pocket passer lol. Jordan love looked fine. Falcons just had the better day. Ridder keeps improving.

I missed all the games today. The Vikings were off and had a chance to spend time with two of my siblings. It was fun but I am beat; as I sit here my Fitbit says I am at 19,980 steps for the day.

Anyway, I am still alive in the Survivor Pool. I picked the Bills. I see they blew out the Raiders.

Looking forward to this Sunday night game.

• Like 1

Did anyone watch the Rams game? I heard that rookie WR Puka Nacua has played really well. He has 25 receptions in 2 games. I remember him when we were doing the Live Mock Draft. I never thought he would be that good so quickly.

https://sports.yahoo.com/rams-standout-puka-nacua-shatters-nfl-record-with-25-receptions-in-first-2-games-232846287.html

• Like 1

It’s sure nice seeing New England being embarrassed in a national game for once.

17 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Burrow is really not playing well. There was a couple mentions he might of reinsured his calf.

Missed all of the pre-season and pretty much all of camp.  When that happened to Peyton it took him half a year to get right.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

It’s sure nice seeing New England being embarrassed in a national game for once.

Missed all of the pre-season and pretty much all of camp.  When that happened to Peyton it took him half a year to get right.

I just don’t want him to get even more injured… 

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

It didn’t effect him last season. It shouldn’t of made that much of a difference with that team.

29 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

He also missed last year with his appendix. Didn’t effect them much. I know calf injury is probably a little different.

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Did anyone watch the Rams game? I heard that rookie WR Puka Nacua has played really well. He has 25 receptions in 2 games. I remember him when we were doing the Live Mock Draft. I never thought he would be that good so quickly.

https://sports.yahoo.com/rams-standout-puka-nacua-shatters-nfl-record-with-25-receptions-in-first-2-games-232846287.html

He's one of my favourite receivers I got to know while playing in Gavin's mock Draft (Rashee Rice was another), I likened him to Adam Thielen and picked him at #161 in one of my 50 picks for Seattle Seahawks... :D

But two 100+ yard games to start his NFL career straight Outta the gate as a rookie? That's a surprise and shock, it's awesome. He's playing as if what Cooper Kupp would've done with Stafford if he's not injured.

Maybe, that's how Kupp's injury had to force Rams to trust him with the workload, and now they've solved their headache in receiver room. As a bonus, Tutu Atwell has been playing well too this year. 

• Thanks 1