Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Cardinals are TANKING!!!

ColtJax

Not that he was a world beater, but they just released Colt McCoy. The starter is on the PUP list, they only have a rookie who struggled, and Dobbs, who they just traded a 6th for him and a 7th, not exactly quality. Kyler Murray will start on the PUP, and it looks like they want to move on from him. Might be tough, they just signed him to a huge extension that just starts to kick in this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stitches said:

I think what he really means is "I don't want to jinx it... but you all know I want to announce Caleb Williams as our starter"

I don't think they could ever do it with all the money tied up in Murray. I mean that team would be crippled for years. 

They sure are tanking.. but funny thing is some other team would end up getting first overall pick.

It's never easy to predict the worst team. Cardinals might even win a couple of games in their division alone.

Last year, Texans were tanking, and everyone thought they'd get the #1 pick right until the final few minutes of their final game! 

The Cards also have the Texan's #1 pick next year as well, so they can be sure to get into the top two. How are they going to do this with Murray? If they trade him they get a monster cap hit, if they cut him even worse. I have no idea why they chose to give a guy and extension 2 years before they had to, all the while he had such a bad work ethic that they had to put "film room time" in his contract..

32 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

The Cards also have the Texan's #1 pick next year as well, so they can be sure to get into the top two. How are they going to do this with Murray? If they trade him they get a monster cap hit, if they cut him even worse. I have no idea why they chose to give a guy and extension 2 years before they had to, all the while he had such a bad work ethic that they had to put "film room time" in his contract..

With so many QB needy teams around, and with Trey Lance going for a mid round pick, if the Falcons or Bucs or Seahawks or even the Patriots falter this year, I can definitely see Kyler Murray being shipped out.

Looks like the colts are tanking also.

1) No changes on an OL that was terrible last year except for the coach

2) Trade your best corner for a 5th round draft choice

3) The cornerback room has no experience except for Moore

4) Starting a very inexperienced QB

5) Trying to trade your best running back

6) The WR room is about the same as last year except for Downs who is a rookie

7) A very inexperienced coaching staff

• Like 1

The Cardinals are in a COMPLETE rebuild this season.

Can't say they are "tanking" - but - they are making some ??? decisions with a first-year head coach in the building.

Additionally - he is a defensive-minded coach taking over from an offensive-minded coach.  Should be interesting to watch.