Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 NFL Draft -- April 27th to April 29

NFLfan

Just now, NFLfan said:

Same. I thought you announced Torrence before I heard it on NFL Network but maybe not. Sorry.

Oh no problem, I always like to see some Mel Kiper early but overall pretty close in quality. Wonder what viewership numbers nationally are ?

25 minutes ago, csmopar said:

It would be tempting. 

No it wouldn’t because you are inviting a QB controversy and even in the best case scenario where him or Richardson works out you are wasting a top 100 pick which is just dumb when you have as many needs as the Colts do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well some players still available I'll be keeping an eye on:

OT:

Dawand Jones

Nick Saldiveri

OG/OC:

Andrew Vorhees

Luke Wypler

Alex Forsyth

WR: 

Tyler Scott

DE: 

Zach Harrison

ILB:

Trenton Simpson

CB:

Kelee Ringo

Alex Austin

Rejzohn Wright

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

Have not done as much watching positions other than QB this year, but they seem like reaches compared to consensus boards. 

I thought so too. It seems that a lot of top talent have dropped.

8 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Hi Tom! You like your draft picks? @TomDiggs

I have to admit that I thought the 2nd round went as well as possible for the Colts

Everyone knew they had to get a CB or two this draft. And knew it was a deep draft at CB but some really top-notch guys were falling.

I had a very, very slight preference of Ringo to Brents.....but Brents was always, always, always the more likely Colts player w his traits.

So you put him in a secondary where he can be coached up by Milus and i think its a fantastic pick

To get an additional 4 and 5 just for moving down 9 spots is killer.

I still would like to see another CB and then interior OL and slot WR help.

But we are loaded in mid round picks with (2)  4s and (4) 5s

That is a lot of dart throws for Ballard and team and also those 5s make it easy to move up in the 3rd if someone we have high is lingering.

Happy so far

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

hmmm would you give two 5ths for Hopkins…

I guess... I would prefer for us to invest into the future and young players more on the timeline of Richardson, rather than for the now. We are not competing this year ... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TomDiggs said:

I have to admit that I thought the 2nd round went as well as possible for the Colts

Everyone knew they had to get a CB or two this draft. And knew it was a deep draft at CB but some really top-notch guys were falling.

I had a very, very slight preference of Ringo to Brents.....but Brents was always, always, always the more likely Colts player w his traits.

So you put him in a secondary where he can be coached up by Milus and i think its a fantastic pick

To get an additional 4 and 5 just for moving down 9 spots is killer.

I still would like to see another CB and then interior OL and slot WR help.

But we are loaded in mid round picks with (2)  4s and (4) 5s

That is a lot of dart throws for Ballard and team and also those 5s make it easy to move up in the 3rd if someone we have high is lingering.

Happy so far

not happy need RG and OT , WR  . 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stitches said:

It's possible the return would be much lower than anticipated. For example Amari Cooper went for a 5th last year... 

That’s true plus I guess he won’t have many suitors since he seems pretty set on moving to a contender at this stage of his career

Just now, fire cartier said:

not happy need RG and OT , WR  . 

I know and we will get some depth there. There are guys out there still that could easily start.

there is some serious talent left:

OL

Dawand Jones

Blake Freeland

Nick Saldiveri

Jaelyn Duncan

Chandler Zavala

Braeden Daniels

Emil Ekiyor

Andrew Vorhees (even if a redshirt year)

Atonio Mafi

Jon Gaines

Luke Wypler

WR

Cedric Tillman

Jalin Hyatt

AT Perry

Tyler Scott

Tank Dell

Josh Downs

Michael Wilson

Trey Palmer

CB

Kelee Ringo

Darius Rush

Cory Trice

Garrett Williams

Riley Moss

Jakorian Bennett

There is lottttttts of talent left at positions of need. 

• Thanks 1