Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Colts and NFL free agency news, rumors, discussions

stitches

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

You all who want Jackson will be the same ones crying when he gets hurt and only plays 8 or 9 games or gets hurt right before the playoffs. He basically quit on his team too. Don’t do what broncos did. 

At least I will still be here and not throwing a temper tantrum about every decision the team makes. 

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Kevin Bowen and JMV still crapping on colts. They need to stop and breathe. We are in a transition phase. We weren’t going to go all out before we even have a QB to build around. Local media had been insufferable.

What has KB been saying? I dont have the ability to listen to JMV but KB's podcast is generally quite level headed.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Kevin Bowen and JMV still crapping on colts. They need to stop and breathe. We are in a transition phase. We weren’t going to go all out before we even have a QB to build around. Local media had been insufferable.

What did they say?  At times your comments may also be perceived as "crapping on colts". 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am not throwing a temper tantrum. It would be a horrible move. Irsay doesn’t have the guarantees to put into escrow either. 

The owners will have to figure it out. I’m sure there are legal ways of easily  ensuring money is in escrow. Maybe they have private investors/banking institutions they use for this?

What are we going to do if Stroud/Young/Richardson pan out for us & they want a $275 million guaranteed contract in 4-5 years? That day will come for us & every other team.

t

Just now, Colts1324 said:

The owners will have to figure it out. I’m sure there are legal ways of easily  ensuring money is in escrow. Maybe they have private investors/banking institutions they use for this?

What are we going to do if Stroud/Young/Richardson pan out for us & they want a $275 million guaranteed contract in 4-5 years? That day will come for us & every other team.

t

That’s something to worry about in five years lol.

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I am not throwing a temper tantrum. It would be a horrible move. Irsay doesn’t have the guarantees to put into escrow either. 

Any time there's a report about something you don't like. You threatened to leave and take the whole year off because you can't handle it. Jackson is not a retread quarterback. He is very young and in his prime and in the right system he would Bloom. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

What did they say?  At times your comments may also be perceived as "crapping on colts". 

Kevin seems to have changed. Last 3 years he has been pounding the table for colts to take a QB in draft. Even if ifs in the second or third. Now suddenly because colts didn’t get to one he thinks 4 isn’t good enough to take a QB.  He keeps saying now colts have to dodge other teams to get their QB. Does he ever stop and think colts like all four quarterbacks and really don’t care which one they get. 

• Like 1

Just now, NFLfan said:

What is a darkness retreat? (Aaron Rodgers said he went on a darkness retreat.) Is that like going off the grid and not having access to phones, internet and other people?

It's a room where you can't see anything at all. You're basically in complete silence. Helps reset your senses and such.

• Thanks 1

Just now, NFLfan said:

What is a darkness retreat? (Aaron Rodgers said he went on a darkness retreat.) Is that like going off the grid and not having access to phones, internet and other people?

In a hut that is sound proof with zero light for a week. No interactions with anyone or anything. Used for meditation 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Aaron86 said:

Any time there's a report about something you don't like. You threatened to leave and take the whole year off because you can't handle it. Jackson is not a retread quarterback. He is very young and in his prime and in the right system he would Bloom. 

He's in the right system ...the Ravens. Let him keep blooming there.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

It's a room where you can't see anything at all. You're basically in complete silence. Helps reset your senses and such.

2 minutes ago, twfish said:

In a hut that is sound proof with zero light for a week. No interactions with anyone or anything. Used for meditation 

Thank you. A week is a long time but that seems like it would be very relaxing and therapeutic. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Oh now Kevin wants colts to not take a QB at 4 and take Anderson. Same guy who said colts just need to take a Chance at QB. I can’t wait until draft is over. 

I guess we have different interpretations of what he is saying.
I heard 'IF' the Colts choose not to take a QB at 4. and 'IF' the QB they don't like is the only one available at 4.
I listened to his podcast this morning and he was saying we need to move up to 3 if we want to have a chance at getting a QB we like. He is still very pro Draft a QB. 

• Like 2

Just now, Aaron86 said:

Maybe. But I would love to see what Shane could do with him. 

What is holding him back from re-signing with the Ravens? Is it just money? It seems perfect for him. 

If he signed with Indy, I'm not sure how it will be received. I'm surprised this board does not have more Colts and Louisville Cardinals fans. 

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

What is holding him back from re-signing with the Ravens? Is it just money? It seems perfect for him. 

Guaranteed money. Watson set the standard for big contracts and Jackson wants to be next in line. 
I THINK I remember hearing that they offered an acceptable contract, but he wanted it fully guaranteed and they weren't willing or couldn't afford to do that.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

If he signed with Indy, I'm not sure how it will be received. I'm surprised this board does not have more Colts and Louisville Cardinals fans. 

There was a tweet the other day that Lamar planned on playing on the franchise tag if they didn’t come to a resolution. This entire situation could be too far gone for them to make up and he might end ip requesting a trade. We will see. I am sure then few days we will start to hear more.

Kevin seems to have changed. Last 3 years he has been pounding the table for colts to take a QB in draft. Even if ifs in the second or third. Now suddenly because colts didn’t get to one he thinks 4 isn’t good enough to take a QB.  He keeps saying now colts have to dodge other teams to get their QB. Does he ever stop and think colts like all four quarterbacks and really don’t care which one they get. 

That’s scary they really don’t care who they get.  The reality is they don’t love any of them.  If they did they would have moved up to the first pick to make sure they get him.  That move alone would have cost two first round picks minimum.  They decided to stay at four.  Now another door has opened up with LaMar.  Is there a chance they fall in love with LaMar to be their quarterback over what’s leftover at pick four?  The cost being two first round draft picks which would be cheaper than what it would have cost to move to the first pick in the draft if they even found a rookie they loved. That’s what the team has to decide.  A new choice has emerged.  Starting today.

2 minutes ago, RNGDShobby said:

Guaranteed money. Watson set the standard for big contracts and Jackson wants to be next in line. 
I THINK I remember hearing that they offered an acceptable contract, but he wanted it fully guaranteed and they weren't willing or couldn't afford to do that.

He turned down 3 years 133mil fully guaranteed. He said it himself. 

6 minutes ago, RNGDShobby said:

I guess we have different interpretations of what he is saying.
I heard 'IF' the Colts choose not to take a QB at 4. and 'IF' the QB they don't like is the only one available at 4.
I listened to his podcast this morning and he was saying we need to move up to 3 if we want to have a chance at getting a QB we like. He is still very pro Draft a QB. 

He should be saying they should just take who is there out of four. He should be pounding the table after what he has said last few years. 

1 minute ago, DaColts85 said:

He turned down 3 years 133mil fully guaranteed. He said it himself. 

Probably wants 5 years 250mil guaranteed. Security.

He should be saying they should just take who is there out of four. He should be pounding the table after what he has said last few years. 

Yes, thats true. 

We should just take QB at 4 (whoever they like best out of who is left) and Hooker at 35. Balls to the wall.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

That’s scary they really don’t care who they get.  The reality is they don’t love any of them.  If they did they would have moved up to the first pick to make sure they get him.  That move alone would have cost two first round picks minimum.  They decided to stay at four.  Now another door has opened up with LaMar.  Is there a chance they fall in love with LaMar to be their quarterback over what’s leftover at pick four?  The cost being two first round draft picks which would be cheaper than what it would have cost to move to the first pick in the draft if they even found a rookie they loved. That’s what the team has to decide.  A new choice has emerged.  Starting today.

That’s not true. Zak keefer is the one who gets it. It’s about the gap with all four. If they don’t feel there is a big gap they weren’t go to trade up. Just because they didn’t trade up doesn’t mean they don’t feel they like them. It means the gap with all for is small.

8 minutes ago, RNGDShobby said:

Thanks. It seems that he turned down a lot of money. Teams have to put their foot down at some point. There is just so much they can give. If they give more, teams cannot afford to pay other teammates. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Thanks. It seems that he turned down a lot of money. Teams have to put their foot down. There is just so much they can give. If they give more, it hurts other teammates.

They also have to escrow every cent of GTD money the day the contract is signed. So if the owners don't have surplus Cash, its hard to do. 
E.G. Irsay is rich, but not cash rich so handing out a biiiiiiig contract with gtd money would be tough.

• Like 1

That’s not true. Zak keefer is the one who gets it. It’s about the gap with all four. If they don’t feel there is a big gap they weren’t go to trade up. Just because they didn’t trade up doesn’t mean they don’t feel they like them. It means the gap with all for is small.

They don’t love any of them that’s what true.  If there was a true consensus leader they would have moved up.  So what we really have is a group of above average prospects to be kind.  There is a big difference between like and love.  No clear top of the group must have.  That’s what we have this year.

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

They don’t love any of them that’s what true.  If there was a true consensus leader they would have moved up.  So what we really have is a group of above average prospects to be kind.  There is a big difference between like and love.  No clear top of the group must have.  That’s what we have this year.

We have to stop with the dont draft any because  they aren’t Luck ot manning. History had shown it’s not the guys going one who are the most successful. No one knee mahomes and Allen were going to be generational. They got good coaching and worked hard. Those guys would of went 1 if we redrafted. Just beczhce there isn’t a consensus one doesn’t mean you shouldn’t draft one of these guys.

• Like 2

Just now, RNGDShobby said:

They also have to escrow every cent of GTD money the day the contract is signed. So if the owners don't have surplus Cash, its hard to do. 
E.G. Irsay is rich, but not cash rich so handing out a biiiiiiig contract with gtd money would be tough.

Too much money. I would not give it to him.

Draft a QB. It brings optimism and it does not cost so much. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Thanks. It seems that he turned down a lot of money. Teams have to put their foot down. There is just so much they can give. If they give more, it hurts other teammates.

That’s what happens when the Browns throw ridiculous money at a creeper. They’ve done a great job making themselves the enemy of franchises and fans alike. While also setting unrealistic expectations for players. 

Besides being a Bengals fan, I’ll be happy if the Watson train continues to derail into a mess for years to come. Serves them right. 

Do feel for Browns fans though.