Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Colts QB Coach- Cam Turner

TomDiggs

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

I don’t think he’s Russell Wilson or Doug flutie athletic and I can’t think of a short qb that wasn’t very athletic.  Brees?

Yeah, Brees is probably good comparison. He used to have some mobility too in his early years... Similar to Young.

2 hours ago, ShuteAt168 said:

I agree mostly. Good points. What bothers me about Ballard is that his comments and attitude are “What happens when the QB fails, I’ll get run out of the building.” Why think the QB is going to fail? Why not, “The QB I pick is gonna get us back in the playoffs!” That was my point — it’s like paralysis by analysis with him. Of course he wants his job, but his job entails taking big risks sometimes. The way he’s been doing it for six years hasn’t exactly been a huge success. 

Ehhh I understand what you’re saying, and I think your view is accepted by a lot of the fans, maybe even the majority.

But let’s walk this back a few years and pretend the Ballard drafted a QB in 2021….Lawrence, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance, Fields, Mac Jones. 

Other than taking Lawerence, who was never a realistic possibility, would Ballard still have a job?  How many picks would he have had to give up to get one of them? Paye and Dayo most likely aren’t here, so we have more holes there and still need a QB. Probably don’t have one of Pierce or Woods, etc.

Fans would have been happy for a few months following the draft, but we would literally still be talking about drafting another QB this year.

We would essentially be….Da Bears. 

So as much as I want the Colts to get a QB, I understand the need to get it right, or be convinced it’s the right decision. 

On 3/1/2023 at 10:31 AM, NewColtsFan said:

And this is yet another coach who is the son of a former top coach….   Norv  Turner is widely considered one of the best OC’s of all-time.   Both Troy Aikman and Alex Smith think Norv was a God-send to their careers.   So I do like this hire. 

I would add Philip Rivers to that list, although Norv was his HC not the OC but Philip became elite under Norv's tutelage.

2 hours ago, Lancer1 said:

I would add Philip Rivers to that list, although Norv was his HC not the OC but Philip became elite under Norv's tutelage.

Yup.   Thank you.   Appreciate that add.   Good catch.   Didn’t leave him out on purpose.    Thanks again.  

On 3/1/2023 at 10:23 AM, Stephen said:

I can see it Ballard trades back and another team takes his qb then we go the whole draft without drafting a qb.

Media Why didnt you draft a qb

BALLARD Look our guy wasnt there. IM not going to take a qb just to take one.

There is a distinct possibility that this course of action may be the best case scenario in the long term.  That should be a sobering thought to all here......

Has to feel good to get out from under Murray.  Would not be fun coaching that kid.

There is no real tell here with the hires other than WCO will be the offense.  WCO means a guy who can move is good but what's most important is the mental side.  You can be a great athlete but need to be smart and competitive/studious.  After finishing up coaching Murray I guarantee that will be a focus by this staff.

Archived