Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Leonard Fournette to be released by the Buccaneers

sb41champs

25 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Perfect guy for the Bills.

Bills do draft before the Bengals and Bijan Robinson has been mocked to them. Bengals are less likely to go the draft route because they have Samaje Perine that they also use, and the style of offense they play involves the RB in the passing game underneath more, that Fournette's skill set matches better, they may prefer a vet.

Bills don't pass much to their RBs as much and they would first have to sort out what they are doing with Hines they traded for to incorporate him into their offense, IMO. 

I just see Burrow's passing to his RBs, reminds me a lot of Brady hitting his RBs in stride for valuable YAC underneath. That is what made me lean towards Bengals for Fournette.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Bills do draft before the Bengals and Bijan Robinson has been mocked to them. Bengals are less likely to go the draft route because they have Samaje Perine that they also use, and the style of offense they play involves the RB in the passing game underneath more, that Fournette's skill set matches better, they may prefer a vet.

Bills don't pass much to their RBs as much and they would first have to sort out what they are doing with Hines they traded for to incorporate him into their offense, IMO. 

I just see Burrow's passing to his RBs, reminds me a lot of Brady hitting his RBs in stride for valuable YAC underneath. That is what made me lean towards Bengals for Fournette.

Fournette is the big power back they could use that they don’t have.  He can also catch the ball so the Bills could take advantage of that.  I think Hines will need to restructure to have a chance of staying.  He is similar to their current starter.  Bills have a terrible running game.  Fournette could really help them in the rough weather.

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Fournette is the big power back they could use that they don’t have.  He can also catch the ball so the Bills could take advantage of that.  I think Hines will need to restructure to have a chance of staying.  He is similar to their current starter.  Bills have a terrible running game.  Fournette could really help them in the rough weather.

I just have a hard time seeing him in Buffalo. LSU, then Jacksonville, then Tampa, he probably would prefer Cincinnati's weather, relatively, IMO. :)  Plus, he gets to play with several LSU alumni in Burrow and Chase. But yeah, ultimately, money talks.

9 hours ago, chad72 said:

I just have a hard time seeing him in Buffalo. LSU, then Jacksonville, then Tampa, he probably would prefer Cincinnati's weather, relatively, IMO. :)  Plus, he gets to play with several LSU alumni in Burrow and Chase. But yeah, ultimately, money talks.

More like Miami or Atlanta???

Cincy can have very cold and snowy weather  :)

He always catches allot of balls.   63 per season the past 4 years.   His running is kind of a niche kind of thing though.   Mostly just short yardage.  The Bills would be better of incorporating Hines into the passing game and Reich thinks "Hines up the middle" is a great short yardage play.  

1 hour ago, Myles said:

He always catches allot of balls.   63 per season the past 4 years.   His running is kind of a niche kind of thing though.   Mostly just short yardage.  The Bills would be better of incorporating Hines into the passing game and Reich thinks "Hines up the middle" is a great short yardage play.  

That's why he would be great for Buffalo because he could also be that big back that can move the ball on short yardage which they desperately need.  We know Hines is not that guy. 

On 3/1/2023 at 6:54 AM, richard pallo said:

That's why he would be great for Buffalo because he could also be that big back that can move the ball on short yardage which they desperately need.  We know Hines is not that guy. 

He’s hurt a lot. Don’t see much interest in him. 

On 2/28/2023 at 3:19 PM, chad72 said:

He will go to the Bengals who will be releasing Joe Mixon in all likelihood to chase a ring over there, IMO. 

If I were the Bengals and moving on from Mixon I think I might be targeting Kareem Hunt. Saved a lot of tread on the tires stuck behind Chubb.

Archived