Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 MLB Baseball


Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yankees killed the Giants, Judge homered with his first at bat. That guy is a monster.

O'Neil for the Cardinals hit a home run for the 4th straight opening day game (he's only been in the league for 5 years).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/30/2023 at 6:03 PM, NFLfan said:

 

@Lancer1 will love this prediction. I have not seen Lancer in a while. 

To make it happen, we need to get it in gear - us & our $242 million payroll are getting smacked around by our divisional rival Rockies - it's only been 2 games but we're playing at home and are 0-2, have been outscored 11-3 and haven't hit any homeruns, but have given up 3 of them, 2 to one player on Opening Day!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

 

Now the rubber match tomorrow. It is 1235 EST, 1135 CST. And since I am still in Seattle until Thursday for work, 935CST

 

I think I know the way to success in Cincy. It's for them to just ignore the bullpen and keep the starter out there. Is that a sustainable tactic? Probably not, but who cares we ain't winning the division anyways lol...

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cardinals starting pitching is struggling.   The same staff pitched well and got them to the playoffs last year, but it now appears they should have added an ace.  Their offense is great, their defense is great but the starting pitching could lead to a .500 season.  

Not a fan of Marmol (their coach) as he is already throwing good players under the bus.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey all, been pretty busy since the season started.  Cardinals off to a slow start and the pitching has been suspect.

 

Haven't been able to watch much since You Tube TV no longer carries MLB Network, which really pisses me off!!  They announced it several weeks ago and I was hoping things could get worked out before the season started.  Then, about a month after they announce no more MLB Network, they send an email telling me they are raising the monthly rate!!

 

I've been shopping for a new streaming service that has MLB Network...any thoughts, recommendations or input?  We have so much stuff in our You Tube TV library we haven't watched yet, but I'm assuming we can re-record those shows with a new service.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/8/2023 at 1:49 PM, Barry Sears said:

Hey all, been pretty busy since the season started.  Cardinals off to a slow start and the pitching has been suspect.

 

Haven't been able to watch much since You Tube TV no longer carries MLB Network, which really pisses me off!!  They announced it several weeks ago and I was hoping things could get worked out before the season started.  Then, about a month after they announce no more MLB Network, they send an email telling me they are raising the monthly rate!!

 

I've been shopping for a new streaming service that has MLB Network...any thoughts, recommendations or input?  We have so much stuff in our You Tube TV library we haven't watched yet, but I'm assuming we can re-record those shows with a new service.

I still have UZZU.   Me, my brother and his friend share it.  You can have multiple devices using it.   it gets all MLB, NBA, NHL, NCAA and NFL games including replays.  Also about 10 other stations (CNN, Fox News, TBS, TNT, Discovery).   $130 per year but we split it 3 ways.  

 

https://uzzu.tv/

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Cardinals will struggle.   Their coach is not good and is causing issues.   He will not make decisions to help the team.   They had a relief pitcher who pitched 7, yes 7, sliders in a row to a batter who them homered to win a game.  After 3 of the same pitches, most managers would stop it.  4, 5, 6, what the hell!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/28/2023 at 4:20 PM, Myles said:

Looking like this may be a lost season for the Cardinals.   Mostly it is the manager who is ruining it.   

Cardinals are pretty bad right now. 10 games back in the division already. Last in the division by 2.5 games. I'm not sure I see it changing either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/3/2023 at 9:21 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am shocked the Cards are so bad at 10-20 but it is only May. I figured the Cubs would be a .500 team before the season, at 15-14  they are playing like it so far. How about those Pirates @buccolts! Pirates are freakin 20-10 lmao 

The young players have been playing really good team baseball, but they're young and will need to find consistency. 

 

They just finished the first series in a tough two week stretch and may be on their way back to the pack.

 

The future looks bright, though. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, buccolts said:

The young players have been playing really good team baseball, but they're young and will need to find consistency. 

 

They just finished the first series in a tough two week stretch and may be on their way back to the pack.

 

The future looks bright, though. 

Pirates just played the best team in baseball so no shame in losing to them. If the Cubs are out of it near the end, I think it would be cool if the Pirates won the NL Central. I would root for them.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/3/2023 at 9:21 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am shocked the Cards are so bad at 10-20 but it is only May. I figured the Cubs would be a .500 team before the season, at 15-14  they are playing like it so far. How about those Pirates @buccolts! Pirates are freakin 20-10 lmao 

 

I'm happy for the Pirates fans. The team has struggled since, I believe, the days of Doug Drabek, Zane Smith, Bonds, Van Slyke, Jay Bell and Jose Lind.

 

The Orioles are also playing surprisingly well. The Rays are on top of all the teams. They look great. Anyone see @Barry Sears ?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The Mets are uninspiring. I may not attend a game this year.

I am not sure what is wrong with the Cards but they are currently 10-24, a terrible start - they have lost 8 in a row. Cubs are 17-16 (which is respectable) but a +47 overall which is the best in the NL Central division. Cubs have lost several 1 run games or they would be in 1st place in the NL Central, they are just 2.5 games out of 1st place. Pirates and Brewers both have lost 6 in a row.

 

Cubs are keeping me interested so far.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not sure what is wrong with the Cards but they are currently 10-24, a terrible start - they have lost 8 in a row. Cubs are 17-16 (which is respectable) but a +47 overall which is the best in the NL Central division. Cubs have lost several 1 run games or they would be in 1st place in the NL Central, they are just 2.5 games out of 1st place. Pirates and Brewers both have lost 6 in a row.

 

Cubs are keeping me interested so far.

 

The Cards usually figure it out. I would not count them out at all. It is a long season. They have lots of time to make up ground.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cubs are currently 2 games back of the Brewers at 19-19 in the NL Central for 1st place. Brewers are 21-17, Pirates are 21-18. Tight race early. So far I am pleased with how the Cubs have played, they should actually be way above .500. Cubs have lost several 1 run games. If they can close better as the season moves on, Cubs will be in good shape in a division that is up for grabs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cardinals' bats are waking up and we're on a roll.  Starting pitching still struggling but hanging in there with better offensive production helping.  OF injuries are a concern and wonder when Walker gets called back up.  The new balanced schedule means we don't play Milwaukee again until September, so those crucial division games mean even more now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cubs have been stinking up the joint lately, doesn't surprise me though. They will never have a team like 2016 again and I have accepted that. That team was ranked in the top 10 of all-time by MLB.com. 103-58 and World Series Champs. I will always have that so it is all good homer simpson beach GIF by Fox TV- here Homer was dying, he was sick but Marge took him to the ocean, and he soaked in it and he got his powers back :thmup:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Haven't really watched MLB too much so far but have been betting.....and winning. Baseball is not difficult to win at in the long run. Everything usually averages out. 

I'm probably getting the package soon. I've delayed so far because I didn't want to commit so much time to sitting in my recliner and watching lol. 

My Yankees are starting to hit a bit better and Judge is heating up. Bullpen is a weakness and the closer spot. Hope Stanton comes back soon and stays healthy. Yankees really need Judge & Rizzo to stay healthy. 

Yankees probably won't catch the Rays but fortunately there are a bunch of wild card spots and making playoffs is mostly satisfactory for Hal & Cashman despite what they may publicly say. Wish they would get rid of Schmidt or at least not bring in high leverage situations. I don't think there is a Yankee fan out there that is pleased to have him on team lol.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/19/2023 at 2:41 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs have been stinking up the joint lately, doesn't surprise me though. They will never have a team like 2016 again and I have accepted that. That team was ranked in the top 10 of all-time by MLB.com. 103-58 and World Series Champs. I will always have that so it is all good homer simpson beach GIF by Fox TV- here Homer was dying, he was sick but Marge took him to the ocean, and he soaked in it and he got his powers back :thmup:

 

Is Springfield near a beach?

Does Homer surf fish?

Why isn't Marge in a bathing suit?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...