Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Clayton Tune - Future MVP

this guy is probably the best of a not so great QB class 

he has a lot of great traits and i hope the colts pick him up 

with a good QB coach and OC sky is the limit 

Enough arm strength to drive the ball through tight windows up to 20 yards downfield. Spreads the ball around to multiple receivers.

Sees the field very well when the play breaks down and occasionally changes plays at the line.

He’s a threat with his legs - his play-fakes are outstanding, and Tune has the ability to manipulate safeties with his eyes.

Tune has plus arm strength and a willingness and ability to throw receivers open, as well as good ball placement out to intermediate levels.

He has a quick release and a live arm, delivering tight spirals, and he shows good touch at the intermediate levels

He’s a pure athlete, loose-limbed and flexible. Tune has the speed to pick up yardage in scramble situations.

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

What about Jake Haener of Fresno State, the Senior Bowl MVP? I liked him after 2021 year

https://amp.fresnobee.com/sports/college/mountain-west/fresno-state/bulldogs-football/article272126172.html

He is probably the best of Day 3 prospects that could start in a pinch a few years from now, could be Day 2 prospect now.

This is a Clayton Tune thread 

please take your second rate prospect somewhere else 

Thanks 

1 hour ago, Alex22 said:

Thanks 

Yeah, yeah, I remember you. After Josh Allen almost won the divisional round game vs Mahomes and the Chiefs, you are the kind to resurrect your Josh Allen love thread years later and say "I told you so". There are many of your "I told you so" kinds here. You didn't come back after a couple of lousy years of Josh Allen, not when his accuracy wasn't good, had to come back "exactly" after that 13 second lead lost to Mahomes game. Of course, you didn't come back here after a sub-par year with Josh Allen in 2022 either.

If you don't like what I said, ignore me all you want with your "big scout" ego to go with it. To me, Clayton Tune is no different than Jake Haener. His comparison on some sites is Brock Purdy.

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Clayton-Tune-QB-Houston

At best, he turns out like Bailey Zappe, IMO, which may not be bad with the right coach. However, on a forum, your opinion is as good as mine. If you were that good, you would be working for a professional team, not spouting your opinions here and dismissing that of others. Have a nice day!!!

19 hours ago, Alex22 said:

Thanks 

Was this not meant as a joke? At first I read it and laughed thinking it was a dry sarcasm but then I see the other responses from people that seem like they take it as serious.  I don’t have history with this person to know, I just assumed it had to be a joke because surely no one would respond in that way for real. 

21 hours ago, chad72 said:

What about Jake Haener of Fresno State, the Senior Bowl MVP? I liked him after 2021 year

https://amp.fresnobee.com/sports/college/mountain-west/fresno-state/bulldogs-football/article272126172.html

He is probably the best of Day 3 prospects that could start in a pinch a few years from now, could be Day 2 prospect now.

Haener and Tune are close to being the same guy.  Except Tune is about 2 inches taller and 20 pounds heavier.

On 2/6/2023 at 9:23 AM, chad72 said:

Yeah, yeah, I remember you. After Josh Allen almost won the divisional round game vs Mahomes and the Chiefs, you are the kind to resurrect your Josh Allen love thread years later and say "I told you so". There are many of your "I told you so" kinds here. You didn't come back after a couple of lousy years of Josh Allen, not when his accuracy wasn't good, had to come back "exactly" after that 13 second lead lost to Mahomes game. Of course, you didn't come back here after a sub-par year with Josh Allen in 2022 either.

If you don't like what I said, ignore me all you want with your "big scout" ego to go with it. To me, Clayton Tune is no different than Jake Haener. His comparison on some sites is Brock Purdy.

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Clayton-Tune-QB-Houston

At best, he turns out like Bailey Zappe, IMO, which may not be bad with the right coach. However, on a forum, your opinion is as good as mine. If you were that good, you would be working for a professional team, not spouting your opinions here and dismissing that of others. Have a nice day!!!

welcome new chad 

thanks for your post 

i like your cute doggie 

Archived